Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Thoughts on the Death Deckathalon event!

AuthorMessage
Defender
Mar 12, 2018
Hi everyone! What's does everyone think of the Death Deckathalon event so far? I'm enjoying it. What's your favorite treasure card to use during this event?

Community Leader
I am really enjoying the challenge! Its been a long time since I thought about using those spells in that way! I am using mostly Imp and Treant and relying on my may cast pet for blades, but I can't get past the fourth stage. Any ideas?

Amber Ravynsong

Astrologist
Feb 12, 2015
I've been doing it casually. I've been doing the typical recommended strategy, which is use Nature's Wrath on single-monster fights and Meteor Strike when there's more than one monster. It works quite well.

Survivor
Jun 06, 2011
What I like about this event is that it's completely different from anything else in the game. I also like the idea behind it- that everyone stands on (almost) equal "ground" as you don't get any benefits from clothing and levels. I found the battles difficult at first, but it gets better after a couple of tries and after figuring out which spells to put in your deck.

I enjoy the aspect of working your way up by earning runes to craft the decks; it's more fun than if we were just to earn more progress points. However, in my opinion it get's a little repetitive as we first have to craft the first deck, then the second and so on ... to finally craft a better deck. I do understand that the difficulty is supposed to gradually increase each time though.

I've also got an opinion on the leaderbord/tournament style aspect. Already by the first day of the event, a few people had managed to earn and incredible amount of points. I have no idea how they managed this (hehe) and I'm not sure if I'll find out. At this point the leading player has passed 6000 points. I don't think it is unreasonable to say that this is unrealistic for most players, and at least for me it takes some of the fun away from the event knowing that I will have no chance in winning the top rewards. I'm sure that at least a few other people feels the same away. But I guess there is nothing that can be done (or maybe even should be done) about this, but I still felt that it is something that needs be mentioned.

Overall I enjoy the event and I'm trying for that hamster pet at 525 points.

Survivor
Feb 13, 2016
Hey long time player , enjoying the new deckathalon event . I have a question what are we players suppose to do about trying to get into the top places in the deckathalon event when the top players are using bots?

Astrologist
Feb 12, 2015
shakezilla04 on Jun 17, 2019 wrote:
Hey long time player , enjoying the new deckathalon event . I have a question what are we players suppose to do about trying to get into the top places in the deckathalon event when the top players are using bots?
Who says they are?