Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Death Deckathalon Event! June 2019

AuthorMessage
Administrator
We're in the middle of the second Deckathalon event on the live servers - the Death Deckathalon!

https://www.wizard101.com/game/death-deckathalon-event

We've seen a lot of great feedback on the event thus far, including how quickly (or in this case how slowly) the global progress bar is advancing (again). The event is open through the weekend with many great prizes to be had!

Please keep the feedback coming, we appreciate it!

Survivor
Nov 30, 2012
Great feedback, where is it? Why don't you have a separate item on message board when these events are running, so that everyone can see all the comments, positive or negative? People have to navigate here and there to find stuff. I see that Falmea has a spot for comments on one of those Friday's feedback. Stop being so secretive.

After being hit by Ghouls run after run, 20%weaknesses left and right and fizzles after fizzles on my wiz, what is it to enjoy? It is obvious that the leaderboard is again being taken over by people who have found a way to master this someway or another but suspicious in my mind as many others stated in the previous ice one.

I have made many complimentary comments in the past but this is not one of them.

Pay more attention to your customer base as you are in customer service in the first place. And if you can't reply to every one that makes a post in the lab or elsewhere, then you need more staff to keep people happy so they know you are listening.

Right now, it appears that there are a few regulars which I won't name that you have no problem getting back to them quickly and catering.

Regards

Administrator
Dannyboy735 on Jun 13, 2019 wrote:
Great feedback, where is it? Why don't you have a separate item on message board when these events are running, so that everyone can see all the comments, positive or negative? People have to navigate here and there to find stuff. I see that Falmea has a spot for comments on one of those Friday's feedback. Stop being so secretive.

After being hit by Ghouls run after run, 20%weaknesses left and right and fizzles after fizzles on my wiz, what is it to enjoy? It is obvious that the leaderboard is again being taken over by people who have found a way to master this someway or another but suspicious in my mind as many others stated in the previous ice one.

I have made many complimentary comments in the past but this is not one of them.

Pay more attention to your customer base as you are in customer service in the first place. And if you can't reply to every one that makes a post in the lab or elsewhere, then you need more staff to keep people happy so they know you are listening.

Right now, it appears that there are a few regulars which I won't name that you have no problem getting back to them quickly and catering.

Regards
We do now! I moved this post to it. Thanks for the idea!

Delver
Jun 17, 2012
Hi Sparck! Thank you for the latest Death Deckathalon event. It was a lot of fun. I wanted to ask about the blades that come with the Hands of Fate weapons. During this last deckathalon, all of my wizards had the Enhanced Hands of Fate equipped and never got the one balance blade card as a draw in any duel. Aren't these wands supposed to come with one balance blade card? If so, why is it not an option when the wand (hands) are equipped when battling in the death tower? I would like to craft the Spiritual Hands of Fate wand for the tri-blade it offers, but will it be available in battle? Is this a bug that needs to be fixed before the next deckathalon event? Please comment when you can. Thank you for all of your hard work!

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
Nordic Champion on Jun 19, 2019 wrote:
Hi Sparck! Thank you for the latest Death Deckathalon event. It was a lot of fun. I wanted to ask about the blades that come with the Hands of Fate weapons. During this last deckathalon, all of my wizards had the Enhanced Hands of Fate equipped and never got the one balance blade card as a draw in any duel. Aren't these wands supposed to come with one balance blade card? If so, why is it not an option when the wand (hands) are equipped when battling in the death tower? I would like to craft the Spiritual Hands of Fate wand for the tri-blade it offers, but will it be available in battle? Is this a bug that needs to be fixed before the next deckathalon event? Please comment when you can. Thank you for all of your hard work!
The event only allows treasure cards, no item cards are allowed....this includes the Hands of Fate.

Survivor
Jun 22, 2015
I participated in both deckathons. If you want to stay on the leaderboard you have to stay online as much as you can stay awake, which is both unhealthy and unfair for anyone who works/school/etc. I suggest not having the rewards tied to the leaderboard, but rather have the leaderboard for badges. I suggest that you have the rewards added to the personal progress bar- for example: school class pet 5 K points, mount 10 K points. Right now the event is very unfair if you are trying to be in the leaderboard because it is basically who has the most time/resources. (It deters people from participating and is eventually going to have someone at the hospital). Moving the leaderboard prizes to make the available to all who achieve a certain number of points makes that goal attainable to all and their own self-pace. In addition crafting the wands has been impossible. As someone who has farmed the event when the global progress bar has been met the drops rates are extremely low for the strengthening runes. (The global progress bar should have a default that opens within the last 24 hours of the event to allow for enough farming time unless the drop rates increase for the runes- I guarantee not one wizard has crafted the freezing wand or the deathly wand yet because the drop rate is too low and the progress bar is hard to advance. I do enjoy the challenge of the deckathon levels and the individual progress bar with rewards set up is great. (Add the leaderboard rewards like you did the ravenwood pet and increase rune drop rate and there will be more participation and less criticism to the event)