Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Hatching outcomes (Hatching Kiosk)

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 10, 2012
So I'm currently trying to redo my ice wizard as I've made many past mistakes such as bad gear, bad stat points, I don't like the name etc... I really don't mind as ice is my favorite school and I like the play style and I want to experience it with actual good stats. That being said, as many of you know, pets are a huge part of getting your stats where you want to be. I'm currently trying to make a Triple (Damage) Double (Resist) Freezing Rain Core, but believe it or not i'm not actually confused on how to get the right talents. I know that takes time and I'm willing to put in the effort. I'm confused because I'm actually unable to get the Freezing Rain Core from hatching. I've hatched probably about 7 times and I've gotten what I've put into the hatching (A Polar Bear Cub for 6 of them and a Snow Beast for the other 1) every time. Is it just a luck thing? Is it because I'm trying to hatch crowns pets with it? Do I just keep trying with the same ones I have, or do I switch which pets I'm hatching? Thank you in advance!

Explorer
Apr 10, 2013
Multiple experiments have been done in order to determine the likelihood of getting either pet in a hatch with two different breeds, but results have varied. I believe the general consensus is that there is a greater chance of getting your own pet back, and a lower chance of getting your partner's. When hatching my own charging bull with a rain beetle from the kiosk, it took me five attempts to get a rain beetle instead of a charging bull. If I were you I would just keep trying to hatch as it's quite possible you have simply been unlucky. Hatching with your own crown pet may have an effect on the chances of receiving your partner's pet, but I haven't heard anything about that. Good luck with your hatching!

Survivor
Jun 10, 2012
Thanks for the tip! On another post I read that crowns pets are a bad idea to hatch with since the intention for crowns pets to be more exclusive to whoever has one. I tried hatching with a starfish instead of my crowns pets and immediately i got it on my first try. Thanks for the help!

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
Remember to keep in mind the fundamentals of Pet Raising such as only raising your pet to adult first then hatching again.

Using pets with high or max statistics (Power, Strength etc.)

Erasing or limiting the possibilities of unwanted talent(s).