Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

The problem with full shadow spells.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 03, 2013
In the present, full shadow spells like sentinel dark nova and so on are amazing but people dont use them. The reason is because to have 2 shadow pips would be a miracle and when you get them, the battle is already over.

I have an idea, take it and think about this: why not have a bar that builds luck up each round, instead of just pure luck? in other words, as an example: the wizards that can use shadow pips will have a bar in duels, the ones with low pip chance will start around 10 or 15 percent, this means that there is a 15 percent chance they get a shadow pip at that round, it is still possible to get the pip. after each round the bar increase the odds by a little, lets say 15 percent more, now they have a 30 percent chance of having one. I hope you get the idea. With this we could restart the odds to 15% when you get a shadow pip and we could also use the shadow pip chance in jewels to increase the odds in this way: instead of starting with 15%, you go 20% and keep adding the same number, having a 40% chance the second round. the numbers i have in mind are just to give the example.

I think this way would be a little more promising in battles and this does not necessarily need to be in pvp at all but pve. My full aim here is to make full shadow pips more reliable,

Astrologist
Feb 12, 2015
elektro870 on Jun 1, 2019 wrote:
In the present, full shadow spells like sentinel dark nova and so on are amazing but people dont use them. The reason is because to have 2 shadow pips would be a miracle and when you get them, the battle is already over.

I have an idea, take it and think about this: why not have a bar that builds luck up each round, instead of just pure luck? in other words, as an example: the wizards that can use shadow pips will have a bar in duels, the ones with low pip chance will start around 10 or 15 percent, this means that there is a 15 percent chance they get a shadow pip at that round, it is still possible to get the pip. after each round the bar increase the odds by a little, lets say 15 percent more, now they have a 30 percent chance of having one. I hope you get the idea. With this we could restart the odds to 15% when you get a shadow pip and we could also use the shadow pip chance in jewels to increase the odds in this way: instead of starting with 15%, you go 20% and keep adding the same number, having a 40% chance the second round. the numbers i have in mind are just to give the example.

I think this way would be a little more promising in battles and this does not necessarily need to be in pvp at all but pve. My full aim here is to make full shadow pips more reliable,
The entire mechanic of Shadow Pip generation is a well-kept secret. For all we know, that IS how it work! Or maybe not. I don't think we'll be getting the juicy details anytime soon.