Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Baobob Crown Fishing for Epic Fish is BROKEN

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 30, 2009
I have been trying to catch all of the fish on one of my wizards. I have spent about 10 hours this week trying to catch the two level 1 epic fish located at Baobob Crown and have been experiencing a bug. Every time I have seen the fish and try to catch it with the correct lure, it has escaped. I would estimate I've seen the fish (Ecto Slime Skate or Rhino Fish) 30 times.

In all other locations I have been able to catch Epic fish in a few tries, usually the first time I see them. This holds true fore Level 1, 2 or 3 epic fish. The Wizard I'm attempting this with is a Legendary Angler (rank 11), but the same thing happens with my others that are rank 7-9 anglers.

This morning I purchased a major luck elixir and still had the same result. If I try to catch any of the other fish in the pool, I'm almost always successful.

I cast winnow rank 1, and then reveal school if I see any fish swimming faster than the treant fish. It will show either life or storm. I have then cast a rank 3 lure most times, but have also used the lower level lures with the same result. I then cast summon fish and start over.

Please fix this problem. It appears to have been going on for several years now in this specific location.

Delver
Aug 07, 2012
I know what you mean. I tried for a loooong time to get those two fish. The line would snap. I finally caught them for all 4 of my wizards on an energy free fishing day. Unfortunately there was just a no fee energy weekend so it may be awhile before it appears again. I did reveal first to see if there was a storm for the rhino, then winnow life to get all the myth out of there, and then I'd stare really stare to see if one moves faster and more irradict than the treants. I would get a bit dizzy watching the prism waters there. Don't give up. Try every couple of days. Good luck.

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
Davidfire school on May 31, 2019 wrote:
I know what you mean. I tried for a loooong time to get those two fish. The line would snap. I finally caught them for all 4 of my wizards on an energy free fishing day. Unfortunately there was just a no fee energy weekend so it may be awhile before it appears again. I did reveal first to see if there was a storm for the rhino, then winnow life to get all the myth out of there, and then I'd stare really stare to see if one moves faster and more irradict than the treants. I would get a bit dizzy watching the prism waters there. Don't give up. Try every couple of days. Good luck.
Yep, that's the same as me! I just kept trying until I caught them (checking in exactly the same way you have described).

I used the rank 1 lure to catch them but the rank 3 lure boosts fishing luck if your luck is not 100%.

Also, try going to a quiet realm to reduce lag from people coming near with gear/mounts/items you may not have seen on that wizard before that could cause downloading.

Don't give up soulmender! Good luck!

Survivor
Nov 30, 2009
Thanks for your reply. It can take a lot of energy just to get one of these fish to appear and then it gets away again and again. If I catch one the next time I see it it will be 3% catch rate which is not normal, and I'm not expecting that to happen. I really hope they fix this so they aren't nearly impossible to land.

Survivor
Nov 30, 2009
I finally caught one of them on a different wizard that isn't trying to catch them all. At least I can verify that the faster rank 1 fish that turn a lot are the ecto slime skate. The catch rate of 3% for me must be still much lower than intended as I've never seen this problem with any of the other dozens of epic fish I've managed to catch. Hopefully I'll catch them both on my fire wizard today.