Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Mount/Throwback Thursday Question

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 07, 2011
Hi everyone I have a question about the Malorian Dragon Mount. Before the additional wizard elixir was made I had created a fire wizard on a second free to play account since I already had the other six schools on my main membership account. I am so excited to have all 7 school wizards on my membership account and have no problem starting over with a brand new fire wizard. I bought the Malorian Dragon mount years ago on a Throwback Thursday on my free to play account since I wanted the mount for that specific wizard of mine. I know that I can not trade the mount between accounts so that means I will have to buy another the only problem is that since it is discontinued my only option left really is to wait for a Throwback Thursday. So my question is do you know how often they bring a particular item back for these Thursdays or on average how often they happen? Any info is welcome thank you!

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
GothicQueen135 on May 29, 2019 wrote:
Hi everyone I have a question about the Malorian Dragon Mount. Before the additional wizard elixir was made I had created a fire wizard on a second free to play account since I already had the other six schools on my main membership account. I am so excited to have all 7 school wizards on my membership account and have no problem starting over with a brand new fire wizard. I bought the Malorian Dragon mount years ago on a Throwback Thursday on my free to play account since I wanted the mount for that specific wizard of mine. I know that I can not trade the mount between accounts so that means I will have to buy another the only problem is that since it is discontinued my only option left really is to wait for a Throwback Thursday. So my question is do you know how often they bring a particular item back for these Thursdays or on average how often they happen? Any info is welcome thank you!
Ok, I don't know any advance info for the next Throwback Thursdays but...they have recently changed the rules for transfering a wizard. As long as you link both accounts you might be able to move your fire wizard to the new space with all his stuff too! Here is the post from Sparck about the new requirements! It used to need full year memberships on both accounts, but that rule is gone now, probably because of the additional character slot

The other thing is that the malorian dragon can be found in fishing chests from the Winterwind Tower. I got one by catching a million-billion life fish there. It's LONG and a rare drop from chests but I can confirm it definitely is possible. I'd still look at moving the wizard as the first option though, then you get all his stuff (make sure anything in the shared bank is in his backpack or house first btw).

I hope this helps, sorry idk about the Throwback Thursday...it's also possible he could come into the crown shop on 'green day' or whatever it is when green items are available and reduced price etc...sorry, idk for sure! Try to move him!

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
Greetings!

Welcome to the Message Boards!

Now, about your query.

Retired mounts can also make a return during 'Mount-A-Palooza.' This is the event where all mounts within the crown shop are on sale up to 50% off.

During the event, retired mounts (some) are also usually returned to the crown shop for players to purchase for those who happened to miss the mount while it was available.

Your next option is to try transferring your character to your main account with the mount inside the character's bagpack or so.

Here's a link on how to do it:

https://www.wizard101.com/forum/headmasters-announcements/can-i-transfer-characters-between-accounts-8ad6a4246ae3ed2c016b04521871502a?reset=1

Delver
Aug 07, 2012
Try fishing at Winter Wind to get a chest with the Malorian Mount. If you don't have Winter Wind go to the Castle Tours to find one. Fishing at Winter Wind is thru the secret doorway in the rock wall to the left of the water . Don't go up to the castle. Good luck!

Defender
Nov 08, 2009
You have 6 wizards on one account and one wizard on the other account.
You bought the 7th wizard elixir, so now you have the capability of 7 wizards on that one account.
So, have KI move your fire wizard to the 7th place, you will need to put everything in the bank or backpack, before the move. Not the share bank. The mount can then be moved with your wizard.

Survivor
Apr 07, 2011
Oh my gosh guys it worked!!! I followed your link to the article and once I saw that I met all the eligibility requirements I contacted their support team and less than half an hour later I got a reply saying it was done, I logged on and Katherine was there she had her mount with her and she had her winter wind tower house as well! So happy right now seriously love all you guys you were so awesome and helpful I could not have gotten this done without you! Thank you!

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
GothicQueen135 on May 31, 2019 wrote:
Oh my gosh guys it worked!!! I followed your link to the article and once I saw that I met all the eligibility requirements I contacted their support team and less than half an hour later I got a reply saying it was done, I logged on and Katherine was there she had her mount with her and she had her winter wind tower house as well! So happy right now seriously love all you guys you were so awesome and helpful I could not have gotten this done without you! Thank you!
Wooohooo! That is AWESOME!

Big thumbs up for the community and KI Support! I'm so glad you got your wizard and mount and all her things moved so quickly and easily!

Happy wizarding!

Astrologist
Feb 12, 2015
GothicQueen135 on May 31, 2019 wrote:
I'm so glad that worked for you! I remember when I had my characters transferred... such memories.