Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Of pandas and mopeds

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Feb 07, 2010
Obviously, people are complaining about the tiers of these events being too expensive. But in stark contrast, I've been told that plenty of crowns got spent when the Pandamonium pack came out. Now some may suspect the community as a whole flip-flopped like a common politician, but I think there's something to be gained with this contradiction.

What would happen if one of these events were to run at the same time a new pack is released? If people are spending crowns anyway, the rewards from the event would be slightly more of a bonus. Might at least be worth an experiment.

Defender
Nov 08, 2009
I will have to agree with you. I for one, have spend at least 60,000 crowns on some packs to get the gear for my wizards. So, a crown event at the same time as a new pack, would be a bonus, not only to non-members, but members also. What can you possibly buy in the crown shop at this time, that you want or need, to get to the top of the crown event?
To spend 225,000 crowns in one week with no new perks is a waste, you would have to buy things you already have or do not want or need.
Maybe a complete new makeover of the Crown shop with new items .
We actually need new Hats, Robes, Boots over level 85, Amulets other than the Mastery for all levels, Athames and rings over level 45, and Decks for all levels. Mounts with stats, only one we have is the Mammoth mini. More bundle styles we can stitch.
One thing I have noticed is that the looks of our wizards are important to us and new Wardrobes is a plus.

Squire
Jan 21, 2010
KI claims that they are just trying to incentivize buying the older products. It makes sense to have sales, and to offer incentives when you are between new releases. KI wants people browsing the crown shop because then they may buy something. The problem is they are using exclusive new content as an incentive, and not giving players the ability to buy the items directly. They have plenty of older equipment sets, skins, and mounts that could be thrown in as bonus rewards. They could set the reward value higher than the shop price because the items are just a bonus for spending crowns the, item is actually free. If they don't want to spend that many crowns on other goods they can just go and actually buy the item directly for its actual cost.