Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Hamlet fish (death) not in Dun Dara

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 15, 2015
I'm trying to complete "Angling Upward" in Avalon. The Hamlet fish (death school) is supposedly in Dun Dara as the quest indicates. The only body of water I find in Dun Dara (by the mermaid) has NO death fish (I've switched realms, etc.). Is there another hidden body of water in Dun Dara? Is the quest information incorrect? Can anyone help?! I can't find this fish!

Thank you.

Astrologist
Feb 12, 2015
Welcome, All 4 One!

Is it possible you are confusing Balance and Death fish? Try using the Winnow Death Fish spell.

Geographer
Sep 30, 2018
All 4 One on Apr 30, 2019 wrote:
I'm trying to complete "Angling Upward" in Avalon. The Hamlet fish (death school) is supposedly in Dun Dara as the quest indicates. The only body of water I find in Dun Dara (by the mermaid) has NO death fish (I've switched realms, etc.). Is there another hidden body of water in Dun Dara? Is the quest information incorrect? Can anyone help?! I can't find this fish!

Thank you.
Hi there Your definitely in the right spot and Its definitely in that pond it takes a while to spawn but keep trying . There is a well known Youtuber known as skelemystyk who fishes around the spiral, i got most of my skills of fishing through him, he is also well informative.

Survivor
Oct 01, 2013
All 4 One on Apr 30, 2019 wrote:

Thank you.
Hey there, I just went to the area in Dun Dara that you described.
I managed to get the Hamlet fish after two resets.
I also cast the Winnow Death Fish spell to see if there might be some death fish lurking in some other area.
Alas, there is no hidden body of water in Dun Dara(well for now, anyways), so your fishing spoils shall be confined to mermaid territory.
It is actually listed as a common rank 2 fish, so I expected to find it quicker.
Happy Fishing !

Survivor
Jun 15, 2015
Thank you. I finally got the Hamlet fish. Was surprised to finally see a death fish (with reveal) in dun dara. Now I'm on the hunt for the more elusive sea fairy (life).... off and on for several days now. High Road and The Wyrd... still.... no luck. If there's a place other than the two I mention, please advise.

Thanks again for responding... I guess I need to replace futility and frustration with patience... which I'm running out of .

Astrologist
Feb 12, 2015
All 4 One on May 3, 2019 wrote:
Thank you. I finally got the Hamlet fish. Was surprised to finally see a death fish (with reveal) in dun dara. Now I'm on the hunt for the more elusive sea fairy (life).... off and on for several days now. High Road and The Wyrd... still.... no luck. If there's a place other than the two I mention, please advise.

Thanks again for responding... I guess I need to replace futility and frustration with patience... which I'm running out of .
Try fishing for it in The Wyrd, there are no other life fish there, so it should stand out. Keep at it!

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014

There are 2 places with water in the Wyrd and checking for life fish does the trick, then reset if neither has it. Go to the main pool and mark at the other perhaps? Check both though. Good luck and I hope you get her soon!

Geographer
Sep 30, 2018

It takes a while because its not only rare but its epic in fact now as of 5/4/2019 is free fishing energy its the best time to abuse this TRUST ME! I caught all the epic fishes in the game and now am partially bored becuze pvp well its not fun as its use to be but that's another topic to be discussed on the proper forum. Good luck tho mate.