Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

What does Wizard101 feel like?

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Oct 21, 2013
I'm no new player, but I have been gone from this game for quite a long time now. I am curious what people feel when they get back into the game, or when they play it. This game has always been close to my heart, and though these days I don't have the time to play regularly, sometimes I like to pop back in for a while.

Wizard101 has always had this sense of comfort. I remember when I'd have the worst of days - I could just log into the game and everything would seem okay again. Even when I was in a difficult and rough patch in my life, I always found enjoyment in W101. This game (and P101) has never failed to put a smile on my face or get a laugh out of me.

Even when I'd miss the most major and content-rich updates, the game never seemed foreign, if that makes sense. The new content is always fresh, of course, but W101 is just so welcoming in a way.

What do you think W101 feels like?

Astrologist
Feb 12, 2015
To me, Wizard101 and Pirate101 feel like best buddies. I was introduced to the game near the beginning, and it's gotten to the point where I never want to stop! It's the perfect match for me!

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
Mirajane7887 on Apr 27, 2019 wrote:
I'm no new player, but I have been gone from this game for quite a long time now. I am curious what people feel when they get back into the game, or when they play it. This game has always been close to my heart, and though these days I don't have the time to play regularly, sometimes I like to pop back in for a while.

Wizard101 has always had this sense of comfort. I remember when I'd have the worst of days - I could just log into the game and everything would seem okay again. Even when I was in a difficult and rough patch in my life, I always found enjoyment in W101. This game (and P101) has never failed to put a smile on my face or get a laugh out of me.

Even when I'd miss the most major and content-rich updates, the game never seemed foreign, if that makes sense. The new content is always fresh, of course, but W101 is just so welcoming in a way.

What do you think W101 feels like?
"What do you think W101 feels like? "

In the order I thought them:

Healing
Calm
Safety
Inspiration
Motivation
Sharing
Kindness
Compassion
Friendship
...back to healing!

I hope this is not an over-share, but life has been difficult. Right from the earliest time I can remember I had been 'surviving' life, getting through the day and over the next hurdle...only for there to be a bunch of other huge hurdles in sight.

I was overwhelmed, without hope, and despite achievement in life I was failing to find any joy in anything at all...I was at breaking point when my daughter found W101. We started to play it together and I felt myself start to reconnect with life itself...which is ironic since in some ways it takes us a step away from our real lives...but as I felt excitement and enjoyment again it also started to affect real life too.

I was anxious and tearful all the time, but escaping reality to join this virtual world where everything is full of humour and kindness, joy and fun, quests and achievements...I started to feel more irl too. It got me through the time I was closest to 'rage-quitting' real life...and I still play because every day it taps into healing me a little bit more as I smile and laugh and chat and help and enjoy being part of W101 and this community

Thank you to everyone in KI and the community for being part of my healing and part of reigniting my real life joy

PS. If this is 'too much' for the boards I hope that the KI team will still hear it and know your work is appreciated and doing much, much more than just entertaining people...and my over-use of smilies and the word 'love' about things is completely sincere! A HUGE THANK YOU!

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
Many of us playing from the 2008 - 2012 era "grew up" on Wizard101.

Meaning, that as we matured in real life and aged, the game was always there; watching us aswe grew!

Now, you also have many of us who have been playing and taking periodical breaks and upon return, everything feels new and sometimes confusing as we slowly take all the changes and updates in.

Mechanics such as Critical/Block, Pet Training, New Activities, New Quests, New Bosses etc. are all new and will seem as welcoming and shocking features to all new/returning players.

I feel the game will always have a very dear and special place within the hearts of all those who have come into contact with it; especially for players who have been playing for a while!

It serves as a great escape from 'reality' as one can easily forget the daily issues/problems in real life.

Astrologist
Aug 23, 2016
W101, what does it feel like to me?

Sanctuary.

I can be a young (mostly) care-free Wizard.

I don't have to worry about the problems of the nasty world outside my office door for the few hours a day I play.

Steven 130 & Christopher 59
The Ghoststalker Brothers

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
Me playing Wizard101 is like playing "Advanced Dungeons & Dragons"/ "Harry Potter mixed. It's a role-playing game that has no rules how to play giving the freedom to choose your playstyle: Strategy, choice of gear. choice of battle techniques, choice of team and character, etc. as long as you follow the Terms of Use. I find it fun to adventure through the spiral; listenting to the storyline, rescuing and slow battling makes the game interesting. Wizard101 is one on my favorite MMO games I play everyday going on 8 years.

Survivor
Sep 23, 2017
"What does Wizard101 feel like?" Well, I've been playing this game since I was little, it's fun, and it's just a safe place for me. Where I escape the world. So, a sanctuary.