Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Double Gardening and Changes

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 16, 2009
Anyone have any thoughts on when Double Gardening will come back? Maybe I missed something but last one was back in December it seems.

EDIT: Read Professor Falmea's post here on the changes: https://www.wizard101.com/forum/ravenwood-commons/double-gardening-returning-soon-with-changes-8ad6a4276c6b2525016c8c738f5c7cd7?page=1

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
I was wondering the same thing. We've had multiple runs of the other member benefits since the gardening one was last available.

Survivor
Mar 26, 2017
The double gardening reward member benefit normally comes every month or two. It's one of the more frequent benefit.

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
Out of all the membership benefits, Double Gardening is the rarest of them all.

KI doesn't run this bonus as frequently as how the others are ran which I believe is purposefully done given the amount of rewards and yields double gardening has.

There might be one with the spring update however though.

Survivor
Aug 16, 2009
Thanks Star - Agree. Since it was last run about 3-4 months ago, I think we are due one pretty quick. Based on a very informal survey of posts and people's memories I ran quite a while ago, they come about every 4 months. Mostly wanted to check that I did not miss one during last few months as my playing time has had a couple of > 1 week absences. Thanks again.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
Can someone at KI confirm if this is still a member benefit or will it be available only in elixir format?

This benefit use to be ran consistently every other month back in 2018, but hasn't been seen at all in 2019 (and we are halfway done with the year). With approx. 8 member benefits total, it seems odd going this long without it.

Administrator
This is the standard pacing we've been doing for some time now as far as I know. What you see currently is the normal, or at least it is now.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
Sparck on May 13, 2019 wrote:
This is the standard pacing we've been doing for some time now as far as I know. What you see currently is the normal, or at least it is now.
The last double gardening was September 3rd, 2018. Going back in time the previous double gardening dates were:

January 14th, 2018
September 5th, 2017
June 11th, 2017
March 12th, 2017
January 22, 2017
September 9th, 2016
August 26th, 2016
March 15th, 2016
January 25th, 2016
November 15th, 2015
April 30th, 2015
January 25th, 2015

This particular member benefit dropped from four times a year to none (so far in 2019). January was always a consistent month for double gardening, but did not show up this year. Spring (Mar/Apr) was also a consistent timeframe for double gardening from 2015-2017.

Just wondering if we will see this member benefit at all, given it has been 8 months since the last double gardening (and since we are not on pace for two events in 2019 like we had for 2018). This is the longest gap in double gardening to date.

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
Sparck on May 13, 2019 wrote:
I also wanted to ask,

Is this increase in rarity of this bonus possibly ties into the Treasure Card/Gold Issue the KI Developers expressed?

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
This is truly disappointing that Plant-a-Palooza is currently the weekend event, but double gardening still has not surfaced in 2019 at all.

It is also troubling that Crowns players have more opportunity for double gardening than actual members (as my suspected elixir only option seems to be what KI is moving to now).

Crowns rewards events were advertised on the developer blog as a reward system for Crowns players, but Crowns players are the only types of players that have actually received an opportunity to get this benefit in 2019 (this weekend and during potion reward weekend).

Again, I have to ask:

Can someone at KI confirm if this is still a member benefit or will it be available only in elixir format?

Finally, I too (like so many others) do not understand why there are 3 hour and higher options for this elixir. Double gardening does not work like a buff where those 3+ hours would actually get used. Plants do not progress to their next stages in hours (but rather days).

Administrator
Yes, Double Gardening is still a thing. We only do these occasionally though.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
Sparck on May 27, 2019 wrote:
Yes, Double Gardening is still a thing. We only do these occasionally though.
Alright, thanks for confirming Sparck. Please let the team know there are players requesting the reward a little more often (at least twice or more a year).

Also, thanks for manning the forums this holiday weekend!

Survivor
Aug 16, 2009
Thanks for pushing that Oran. Being no spring chicken, I appreciate that KI needs to make healthy revenue (and I am sure that seeds bring in some), but there is a point where you start risking alienation of the loyal Customers.

Sparck - I would reiterate Oran's point that KI seems to be moving various standard deviations away from the mean towards greater amount of time between these events. Your Customers are feeling like they are getting jipped since expectations were set previously. What normally happens to long term repeat Customers that feel this way....? I know the answer in my business . Worth some conversations anyway. Also one other item worth noting..; Would a calendar of events to occur be a bad thing? Some of us non spring chickens have pretty busy lives. Would be nice to know what is coming and when for planning reasons. Also, Email or text notifications of those events would be extra awesome as well. While KI seems to be pretty good at creating new revenue streams, you'd be surprised what people would pay for. Thanks for listening and manning the forums. Cheers...

Administrator
Michael LegendHunt... on Jun 1, 2019 wrote:
Thanks for pushing that Oran. Being no spring chicken, I appreciate that KI needs to make healthy revenue (and I am sure that seeds bring in some), but there is a point where you start risking alienation of the loyal Customers.

Sparck - I would reiterate Oran's point that KI seems to be moving various standard deviations away from the mean towards greater amount of time between these events. Your Customers are feeling like they are getting jipped since expectations were set previously. What normally happens to long term repeat Customers that feel this way....? I know the answer in my business . Worth some conversations anyway. Also one other item worth noting..; Would a calendar of events to occur be a bad thing? Some of us non spring chickens have pretty busy lives. Would be nice to know what is coming and when for planning reasons. Also, Email or text notifications of those events would be extra awesome as well. While KI seems to be pretty good at creating new revenue streams, you'd be surprised what people would pay for. Thanks for listening and manning the forums. Cheers...
Np, we understand and will have Double Gardening at some point, don't worry!

Do know that things have to be moved on our schedule at times... never expect that there's a set standard (especially when we've never announced one) and that it won't change, that's just setting yourself up for disappointment when the expected doesn't come immediately about.

Defender
Jun 08, 2015
Dang; is so hard to read the new wizard installer with all the images swirling . . . could someone post here if they see it??? I miss the text list of news . . . it was so much easier to see what is going on.

setting to 'watch' in case someone posts it . . . even though it wouldn't get posted until it's too late probably.

Defender
Jun 08, 2015
Michael LegendHunt... on Jun 1, 2019 wrote:

I have a thought on this . . . I use to fell appreciated buy KI and now I am feeling like they don't appreciate the monthly memberships . . . I have curbed off the crowns due to income and partly due to the freebies disappearing.

Delver
Jun 17, 2012
Oran of Urz on May 14, 2019 wrote:
The last double gardening was September 3rd, 2018. Going back in time the previous double gardening dates were:

January 14th, 2018
September 5th, 2017
June 11th, 2017
March 12th, 2017
January 22, 2017
September 9th, 2016
August 26th, 2016
March 15th, 2016
January 25th, 2016
November 15th, 2015
April 30th, 2015
January 25th, 2015

This particular member benefit dropped from four times a year to none (so far in 2019). January was always a consistent month for double gardening, but did not show up this year. Spring (Mar/Apr) was also a consistent timeframe for double gardening from 2015-2017.

Just wondering if we will see this member benefit at all, given it has been 8 months since the last double gardening (and since we are not on pace for two events in 2019 like we had for 2018). This is the longest gap in double gardening to date.
If my memory is correct, KI had double gardening in January 2019 which is the last time it ran. Someone please confirm this. If I am incorrect, my apologies to Oran of Urz.

I would anticipate that wizards will see one more double gardening event for this year, but not sure when. If I had to guess, I would predict August or October.

Survivor
Apr 04, 2015
We used to have four double gardening events per year, on a consistent and predictable schedule.

Defender
Jun 08, 2015
I thought there was one in Jan . . . could be wrong . . . but there use to be 3 a year when I was tracking it but it I haven't seen one since they changed the game loader.

When they left out the text list and started using the childish rolling icons, it's very hard to read and I don't think there has been a double gardening since . . . but I wish they would hurry up because my pets are starving

Survivor
Oct 05, 2010
I love double gardening and look forward to it. I would also love to see a seed pouch like the jewel pouch in our bags. Thanks Kings Isle for the wonderful entertainment this game has given me over the years!

Defender
May 22, 2012
We had Double Gardening in January 2019 but failed to have one in late spring/early summer as per last 3-4 years, which I think we can all agree has been a huge disappointment. I thought Professor Falmea said on KI Live she was making a statement about Double Gardening but I've not seen or heard anything more. Has anyone seen any thing like that? Let's hope we see every benefit in September, the birthday month as usual , or I'll be very sad!

Survivor
Jan 22, 2011
We all love the community! But at least listen to us when we ask nicely about double gardening plus we dont even ask for much just that we get double gardening. Ki, you guys are really slacking with this! I really hope that we see things VERY soon because its due and i feel as we all deserve it! Thanks! :)

Survivor
Oct 15, 2010
its beginning to be (not much fun playing wizard101 when they take stuff away just when you get in to it!

Survivor
Jul 13, 2011
Good afternoon,

Please read this suggestion for double gardening as I believe it is well thought out and a great idea for both the player and the company. I believe that there should be a chance for dropping a second seed for the double gardening benefit. The chance percentage/probability for dropping a second is of course ultimately up to the company. Double gardening should be available for all levels of wizards with memberships, as it already is, however, the chance percentage/probability should be more likely as a wizard levels up. Here is my proposed idea: For example, at level 1 a wizard begins with a 1% chance of obtaining a second seed while the gardening benefit is taking place. As the wizard levels up, the percentage/probability of obtaining a second seed should increase up to certain percentage/probability. If a wizard reaches level 130, the maximum percentage/probability for obtaining a second seed could be 15% (this value is ultimately up to the company). This benefits the players because they have a chance of obtaining a second seed rather than no second seed at all. This benefits the company because it provides as an incentive for players to continue to level up their wizards, meaning more membership and crowns purchases, as membership or crowns are required in order to reach the maximum level a wizard can reach in Wizard101. I hope that this idea is introduced into the Wizard101 community and is taken into consideration by the company.

Defender
Jun 08, 2015
Personally, I would rather the event be established as it was and only double drops on the seeds and no doubles on the spells or reagents or egg baskets or djembe drums . . . but that is just my 2¢ worth. But PLEASE reinstate regular the events as they were on a regular basis so we know when to avoid harvesting on that weekend or to harvest then if needed . . . on one account, I avoid harvesting during double event, and will soon start avoiding on the other . . . once the need is filled . . . I don't want to mess with it since the seeds are useless omce you can't plant them.