Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

If we had a Mailbox

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Sep 27, 2011
If we had an in-game mailbox I could let my first wizard friend know I will be levelling up my other wizard and I will not see her for a few days. I could tell my other wizard friend I hope she gets well soon. Then I could tell my new wizard friend I like her new outfit.

Sadly, we don't have an in-game mailbox so I can't contact my wizard friend while I level up. I won't be able to let my wizard friend know I am concerned about her and I can't support my other wizard friend as she updates her gear!

Astrologist
Aug 23, 2016
Yes, this.

A way to leave messages in game would be VERY welcome. This is something I would prefer to see implemented before a new world was added.

Steven Ghoststalker

Astrologist
Feb 12, 2015
Huh, a mailbox would be handy. It would allow us to send a message to an offline character, and they would see the message the next time they log on. Menu Chat people could use it too, with preloaded messages like, "Can you help me at (time) in (zone)?" or "Sorry, but I can't play today" It would show as a popup when you log in, like when other notifications show up! This is a good idea, Kokyota!

Survivor
Feb 26, 2019
I really hope that KI looks at this and atleast considers it. They've had things similar to this in other games I've played, and it is very handy and convenient

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
An idea that seems to make its way to the message boards time and time again.

This would solve a variety of communication factors we now face.

I would also like to see this feature extended to non-chatters (menu chatters) so that they can better communicate their thoughts to players/friends who are offline.

Also, to keep the rules in tact, the same said rules would apply to the Mailbox (that is, no spamming, cursing etc.) that applies now to the current chat system; only thing, numbers should be somewhat allowed, especially if one wants to communicate a time period.

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
A mailbox feature would definitely need a toggle on/off to allow the player to decide if they want to use it, possibly toggled on/off for specific friends...eg toggle it on for the specific person/people you're arranging to go questing with but off for everyone else.

The choice of messages should be menu chat compatible for inclusivity and prevent the need for moderation.

The messages should be limited so one wizard can not send more than X number until they have been seen...no-one wants 20 messages asking for help all from that one newbie who's still a bit scared to try things themself

As we are not allowed to share contact info within the game it seems like a solution to communication issues. It enables a level of communication we can only currently have through out-of-game contact and could reduce the number of people sharing their real life info too.

Mastermind
Mar 19, 2011
Kokyota on Mar 27, 2019 wrote:
If we had an in-game mailbox I could let my first wizard friend know I will be levelling up my other wizard and I will not see her for a few days. I could tell my other wizard friend I hope she gets well soon. Then I could tell my new wizard friend I like her new outfit.

Sadly, we don't have an in-game mailbox so I can't contact my wizard friend while I level up. I won't be able to let my wizard friend know I am concerned about her and I can't support my other wizard friend as she updates her gear!

That would be helpful, so you could let your friend know something like "will be doing Graveyard on Sunday." kind of thing.