Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Questions about wizard 101

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 04, 2018
hi i'm jesse my character is Jesse Darkwalker an i'm in the school of death. i have questions. i want to have a deck that can hold most or all of the cards that are my favorites and i want to use in battle. i also have cards in my deck but they don't show up when i put them in the deck when i'm in the middle of a battle. i also want to know if there is a lord nightshade outfit. i am trying to look like an angel of death i have wings but need his cloak. also i want to get new regular spells i have regular spells as treasure cards which really isn't helping because they don't show up if i have anymore questions ill put them in the comments below please help me with these questions

Defender
Jan 30, 2014
Hello!

There are a few things that can be done for your deck. You said that you want a lot of deck space, but a common tip is that you don't need 60-70 cards in your deck. Some people fill them all the way up, and these people commonly don't draw anything they need in a turn. I should know, I for sure packed too much! Decks with tons of card slots can be useful for their stats, and the jewel socket. So only pack what you absolutely need, a deck like this usually has 15-20 cards in it. You don't need 5 blades for a mob battle, maybe two. One that can be sharpened, and one regular. Same for tri-blades and traps etc.

Even though you have all that deck space, you don't need to use every single slot. You didn't mention a level, so I can't help you with what you should put in your deck, however, I can say if you only pack what you need you should almost always draw a card you'll need every turn. Without all the "just incase" cards you'll find yourself not only drawing what you need almost always, but getting done with battles quicker.

As for looking for an angel type robe or outfit, a good option is the Archangel's Vestment dyed black (for a death angel). It's dropped by Morganthe if you're finished with Khrysalis, but if you're lower level you can purchase the archangel gear in the crown shop.

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
Victorvonvlad on Mar 26, 2019 wrote:
hi i'm jesse my character is Jesse Darkwalker an i'm in the school of death. i have questions. i want to have a deck that can hold most or all of the cards that are my favorites and i want to use in battle. i also have cards in my deck but they don't show up when i put them in the deck when i'm in the middle of a battle. i also want to know if there is a lord nightshade outfit. i am trying to look like an angel of death i have wings but need his cloak. also i want to get new regular spells i have regular spells as treasure cards which really isn't helping because they don't show up if i have anymore questions ill put them in the comments below please help me with these questions
Hi Jesse and welcome to the forum

Are the spells you can't find in battle treasure cards (the golden, one-time use spells)? We are only able to see 7 cards at a time while in battle. To access a treasure card we first need to make space by right clicking one of the spells already showing to discard it. This frees up a space and we can then click the draw button under the cards to replace it with a treasure card from our side deck.

We can discard as many as we want of the 7 cards we started the round with. A treasure card can not be discarded the same round it is drawn, but can be discarded any time after that. If we leave gaps in our hand (eg only have 5 cards showing instead of 7) the next round they will be filled back to 7 cards from our main deck

I'm not sure what level you are but if you are low level then getting a deck with more space is very helpful. You can check out the bazaar to look for upgrades. It's also great for finding cool items to stitch for your look

Some basic decks (TC = treasure cards):

Any level ~ Starter Deck (14 spells, 5 TC)
Level 5+ ~ Antique Deck (18 spells, 7 TC)
Level 10+ ~ Pharaoh's Deck (20 spells, 8 TC)
Level 20+ ~ Watchman's Deck (35 spells, 12 TC)

As you reach higher levels you will find you need less spells because the spells will be more useful and versatile within themselves, you'll also have better stats to help you in battle too. You'll also get used to what you use and what you don't and it's easier to anticipate which spells to carry for various battles. At that stage you could make up 2 different decks - one for mobs and one for bosses.

The best way to get more training spells is to do some questing As you level up your tutor will call you to learn new spells. Here is a link to all the death spells. It shows what level you can obtain each spell

You may have noticed receiving Training Points. These are for training more spells. You will get all the death spells free because you are a death wizard, but any others will need to be bought for training points. Be careful how you spend these as they are not unlimited.

I hope this helps!

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
I'll begin with your outfit. As recommended earlier, this "angel look" you're after can be best represented through the Archangel's set.

That is, the Archangel's Hood dropped by Kravenly the Hunter; one of the cheating bosses in Khrysalis

The robe ( Archangel's Vestment) and finally the shoes (Archangel's Boots) dropped by Tree Root (Death) one of the final bosses in Khrysalis.

The entire attire is available from the crown shop for 5000 crowns by the way.

Deck - Now, while you may have intentions of using your favorite spells in each battle, you will have to understand that as you progress through the worlds, a larger deck filled with large pip spells may not be ideal when battling. This can lead you to quick defeats or unusually long battles.

As such, again as mentioned above, a small deck with a few cards is ideal.

Spells - Quite a number of treasures that you may see as death spells are unavailable by learning them the natural way such as Death Troll and Death Seraph.
Also, some death spells such as Deer Knight will require you farming packs, loremaster or crafting it. It cannot be learned by a trainer.

You also have some spells that can only be obtained by drops such as Headless Horseman.

While others exist that will not be taught by your very own school professor such as Virulent Plague and Dark Pact .

Post if you've anymore concerns.

Astrologist
Feb 12, 2015
Victorvonvlad on Mar 26, 2019 wrote:
Welcome, Victorvonvlad!

While it is good to have good cards in your deck, it appears you are suffering from a common flaw: too many cards. If you have too many cards in your deck, it makes it harder to find the ones you need, when you need it. Try to cut down on the size of your deck a little and things should be better

Survivor
Jun 04, 2018
ThisGirlIsOnFIRE00... on Mar 27, 2019 wrote:
Hello!

There are a few things that can be done for your deck. You said that you want a lot of deck space, but a common tip is that you don't need 60-70 cards in your deck. Some people fill them all the way up, and these people commonly don't draw anything they need in a turn. I should know, I for sure packed too much! Decks with tons of card slots can be useful for their stats, and the jewel socket. So only pack what you absolutely need, a deck like this usually has 15-20 cards in it. You don't need 5 blades for a mob battle, maybe two. One that can be sharpened, and one regular. Same for tri-blades and traps etc.

Even though you have all that deck space, you don't need to use every single slot. You didn't mention a level, so I can't help you with what you should put in your deck, however, I can say if you only pack what you need you should almost always draw a card you'll need every turn. Without all the "just incase" cards you'll find yourself not only drawing what you need almost always, but getting done with battles quicker.

As for looking for an angel type robe or outfit, a good option is the Archangel's Vestment dyed black (for a death angel). It's dropped by Morganthe if you're finished with Khrysalis, but if you're lower level you can purchase the archangel gear in the crown shop.
im right now im level 25

Survivor
May 03, 2015
hello , i was wondering if there will be a seventh wizard slot very soon so that i may have all schools.

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
elizabeth winterst... on Apr 3, 2019 wrote:
hello , i was wondering if there will be a seventh wizard slot very soon so that i may have all schools.
Yes!

KI has finally listened to us and have added a 7th character slot.

It's an elixir found in the crown shop available for purchase.

Read more about it here in the test realm:

https://www.wizard101.com/game/community/update-notes/april2019

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
Star Edward on Apr 3, 2019 wrote:
Yes!

KI has finally listened to us and have added a 7th character slot.

It's an elixir found in the crown shop available for purchase.

Read more about it here in the test realm:

https://www.wizard101.com/game/community/update-notes/april2019

OH MY GOODNESS!!!! I CAN HARDLY BREATHE!!!!

ALL of these updates are absolutely brilliant! I'm sooooo excited!

There is so much to say THANK YOU to KI for! Thank you, thank you, thank you! I'm so excited about it all!

Survivor
Feb 06, 2019
hi how do i get the family plan membership? i have a few family members that want to play but i dont want to pay $50 in membership a month and so on. $50 was an ex.

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
wadupapa on Apr 4, 2019 wrote:
hi how do i get the family plan membership? i have a few family members that want to play but i dont want to pay $50 in membership a month and so on. $50 was an ex.
Add them to your family of accounts through the website. When we have linked accounts we need to create a master password. All payments will go through the master account and currently there is no way to unlink accounts once they are in a family of accounts - so be sure you want this permanent set-up.

Once accounts are linked they will be able to enjoy the reduced membership rates. I think it is $7.50 per month instead of $10. Crowns will also be transferable between the accounts (controlled by the master account).

This arrangement is often used by parents who have several children, so they can save on monthly membership and buy bulk crowns, distributing them as they see fit between the accounts. It is excellent for this and also for those who own multiple accounts themselves.

If these are adult family members I'd recommend they try it on the $10 a month (or wait for the half price offer to come around) then buy the $60 a year membership once they know they love it.

I hope this helps