Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Aksil Blacktrunk Monstrology Extract Bug

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jul 18, 2016
Hello everyone! I hope everyone had a fantastic Spring Break and is enjoying their adventures in The Spiral. With that being said, as I was questing my Myth wizard through Zafaria, I encountered a rather interesting little Monstrology bug. Basically, the bug is simple. When you get the quest called "Ship of Tears," you are required to defeat a Myth boss by the name of "Aksil Blacktrunk." With that being said, anyone can see that this boss is clearly an Elephant. I even double checked the Wizard101 Wiki online and even online guides say that this boss is an Elephant. However, with that being said, I couldn't help but notice the "Extract Elephant" Monstrology spell fails to work on Aksil Blacktrunk even though he's an Elephant boss. I kind of wanted this boss for my Monstrology tome collection and I was kind of bummed that Extract Elephant failed to work on him for some unknown reason. If someone could look into this and fix this Monstrology extract bug, I'd be grateful. Also, off topic, but here's a big "Thank You" to Sparck and everything you do to make this game awesome! Keep up the amazing work Sparck and the rest of the Kingsisle team! <3

Sincerely,
Blaze StormSword (Level 130 Storm)
Blaze DreamBlade (Level 73 Myth)
Blaze StarBlade (Level 66 Life)

Developer
I don't believe this is a bug. This boss is not repeatable as far as I know. So you can't collect him.

Explorer
Jul 05, 2014
Actually, on his profile on the WIKI, it says that animus cannot be extracted, and I'm assuming it's because he's a one-time boss ( in most cases)

Explorer
Jul 18, 2016
RandomsWorld on Mar 20, 2019 wrote:
I don't believe this is a bug. This boss is not repeatable as far as I know. So you can't collect him.
Wow, you're actually correct. I went in the Drum Jungle to check for myself and I found that Aksil Blacktrunk is no longer there. However, with that being said, why can we extract Mika Skarka with extract Elephant, but we can't extract Aksil Blacktrunk? Both bosses can not be repeated, yet one can be extracted while the other can't. Weird, I went through Wiz multiple times and never realized Aksil Blacktrunk can't be repeated, lol.

Astrologist
Feb 12, 2015
crimsonreaper5 on Mar 21, 2019 wrote:
Wow, you're actually correct. I went in the Drum Jungle to check for myself and I found that Aksil Blacktrunk is no longer there. However, with that being said, why can we extract Mika Skarka with extract Elephant, but we can't extract Aksil Blacktrunk? Both bosses can not be repeated, yet one can be extracted while the other can't. Weird, I went through Wiz multiple times and never realized Aksil Blacktrunk can't be repeated, lol.
You're right. Mika Skarka is one-time. He's only extractable because of an oversight over at KI.