Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

March 6, 2019 Game Update

AuthorMessage
Administrator
Some exciting and long-sought changes came to the game this morning! Check it out:
  • You can now get a 3rd expand backpack elixir!
  • Increased the Friendship Table placement limit, previously it was 1.
  • After final fight in Broken Bough, you can now interact with Bartleby to complete the quest.
  • The Empyrea P2 Husk: Braving the Storm quest arrow now points to the proper location.
  • Hurricanine pet now does not lose their Galvanic Field Card at Ultra.

Survivor
Jan 04, 2010
Wait so you are charging to expand the backpack? Why would you do that? Just expand the backpack for players like any other game does. That's not something that is player friendly. Please pass that on to the powers that can change it. I realize you are the new guy catching all the flack for all the past sins. I don't want to play a game that always feels like a money grab, and that is a real perception of your players. It's on every board, social media etc... you have an image problem and that's gonna cost KI in the long run.

I like the game, and we pay for 2 annual memberships ( create a family membership ) so it's not about paying for realistic items, it's how the game continues and flourishes.

Please take this as advice vs another criticism of the game.
Thanks for listening

Explorer
Sep 27, 2011
Sparck on Mar 6, 2019 wrote:
Some exciting and long-sought changes came to the game this morning! Check it out:
  • After final fight in Broken Bough, you can now interact with Bartleby to complete the quest.
  • The Empyrea P2 Husk: Braving the Storm quest arrow now points to the proper location.
Expandable backpack elixir!

Be still my beating heart!

Thank you KI!

Mastermind
Feb 07, 2010
The actual update is too minor for me to properly comment on, but I did notice something about the image that appears in the slideshow on the front page. The background has some sort of floating segment of river hanging in the void at the bottom of the waterfalls.

Astrologist
Feb 12, 2015
I like this! I'll get Expand Backpack Elixirs... someday.

Squire
Jun 13, 2011
Thanks! Really like this little update. Thanks! If only we would have a new elixir for upping the castle block limit... perhaps someday.

Survivor
Apr 22, 2012
I want to follow up on what Balanthar said.about the potential for the game to become too commercial. That was the first thing I thought of when I heard about the backpack item update; one more item for KI to sell. My feeling is there is already too much stuff in the game, and rather than add backpack elixirs KI should cut out a large amount of the extraneous crap. There is tons and tons of weak and useless equipment that serves only to sell at the Bazaar, and I find myself spending more and more time getting rid of it by selling it and feeding it to my pets rather than questing, decorating, and crafting, which are my primary pleasures in the game, excepting friends. A half dozen battles will overfill my inventory with seeds, and since jewels were introduced it gives me one more inventory I constantly have to worry about. I'm sure that KI wants to convey the fullness of the game with all this stuff as well as keep us logged in dealing with it, but it is at a point of complete overload, and adding a way to make another cheap nickel is not going to help when half my experience playing the game is taken up with the chore of cleaning out inventories.