Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Will Wizard101 ever END? (2019)

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 03, 2018
Hello to all,

I started this game in 2008 and fell in love with it. I was only eight years old and never understood to main quests to level up. Recently came back and being 18 and being a "First Gen" player, I definitely can give my input with a lot of things and I hope KingsIsle looks at this seriously. I've always loved the game and I mean ALWAYS but, there is a lot to fix and implement. Being behind all other game on any platform is hard BUT, you have loyal fans. Well at least a good bit. As memories were coming back to me, I asked myself one question... When is KingsIsle going to listen to the community and that keeps updating videos on youtube for any wiz player?

I was reading a post back in 2017 and the player had the same question as I. When was wizard101 going to die? I think it's a hard topic to talk about because of the nostalgia and child hood part. Then one of the administrators went on to saying that wiz101 has things up their sleeves coming up and that it'll be around for a long time! KEEP IN MIND, THIS IS NOT MAKING FUN OR PUTTING KINGSILE DOWN. I simply need things cleared up. So, after hearing that, I was very excited.

My main thing I think that needs to be added or redone is something very easy. Make all the places in wizard101 free. Meaning, make all of the places like Cyclops, FireCat Ally/Lane Free, including Krokotopia. Now you guys might think this is crazy and insane but, everyone feels the same way as I do. Instead of making everything not free, let new players get an experience for just a day. Also, I was seeing you tuber's talk about adding weekend free realms. That would be a GREAT idea to add AND, it would bring a lot more people back.

Also, I've talked to a few youtubers AND they agree with everything I say. You guys NEED to bring back ads on TV. Now, I know that will cost a bunch of money but it's worth a try and you guys can easily make the money back. The way I got into this game was from AD's on tv. I use to be so intrigued by how cool it looked. We NEED A SECOND GEN to UPLIFT THE COMMUNITY! It's not that we don't want to play, it's the lack of players.

Furthermore, I want to just leave everything on the table and get great feedback. I love you guys to death and hopefully once I get my wizards max, I want to create content for new upcoming wizards! I feel like this game COULD be a franchise but guys, you have to listen to the community. For example, I played an FPS game as well and that was my childhood. The Original makers who made the game sold it to a new weird company. From a game having over 30 million players to the game shutting down is sad.

The game was called Combat Arms. Yes the game is still up to day but, no one really plays and that's why I said it was "shut down" in a way. The things is though, they never listened to the community one bit. It just kept going and going and then finally people had it. See, you guys are way different. You listen to the community sometimes. This sometimes can be changed into all the time!

Also the graphics need to be updated in every realm and I know this might seem hard for you guys to think about. BUT, when you create the ads on TV, make Wizards city free as well as krokatopia, you guys can work on it. It does not have to be one operation at ALL! I think you guys think about certain things way to much and then it takes forever to be updated or a new realm. I feel like if you add everything listed on here, the game would be back to it's original state!!

I have my word on EVERYTHING I've said and I mean it. You guys NEED TO TAKE THIS INTO CONSIDERATION FAST. All of these games coming up and that are already out hurt. Also, I think you guys SHOULD update the max level. That would be phenomenal! Yes this might take time but corporate everything into one and you guys got a second gen community! Kids would LOVE to play this game. Anyways KingsIsle, I love you guys to death and I hope you read over this and take it into great consideration.

Your truly,
Michael Wraith.

Administrator
MichaelSildenRocks on Feb 18, 2019 wrote:
Hello to all,

I started this game in 2008 and fell in love with it. I was only eight years old and never understood to main quests to level up. Recently came back and being 18 and being a "First Gen" player, I definitely can give my input with a lot of things and I hope KingsIsle looks at this seriously. I've always loved the game and I mean ALWAYS but, there is a lot to fix and implement. Being behind all other game on any platform is hard BUT, you have loyal fans. Well at least a good bit. As memories were coming back to me, I asked myself one question... When is KingsIsle going to listen to the community and that keeps updating videos on youtube for any wiz player?

I was reading a post back in 2017 and the player had the same question as I. When was wizard101 going to die? I think it's a hard topic to talk about because of the nostalgia and child hood part. Then one of the administrators went on to saying that wiz101 has things up their sleeves coming up and that it'll be around for a long time! KEEP IN MIND, THIS IS NOT MAKING FUN OR PUTTING KINGSILE DOWN. I simply need things cleared up. So, after hearing that, I was very excited.

My main thing I think that needs to be added or redone is something very easy. Make all the places in wizard101 free. Meaning, make all of the places like Cyclops, FireCat Ally/Lane Free, including Krokotopia. Now you guys might think this is crazy and insane but, everyone feels the same way as I do. Instead of making everything not free, let new players get an experience for just a day. Also, I was seeing you tuber's talk about adding weekend free realms. That would be a GREAT idea to add AND, it would bring a lot more people back.

Also, I've talked to a few youtubers AND they agree with everything I say. You guys NEED to bring back ads on TV. Now, I know that will cost a bunch of money but it's worth a try and you guys can easily make the money back. The way I got into this game was from AD's on tv. I use to be so intrigued by how cool it looked. We NEED A SECOND GEN to UPLIFT THE COMMUNITY! It's not that we don't want to play, it's the lack of players.

Furthermore, I want to just leave everything on the table and get great feedback. I love you guys to death and hopefully once I get my wizards max, I want to create content for new upcoming wizards! I feel like this game COULD be a franchise but guys, you have to listen to the community. For example, I played an FPS game as well and that was my childhood. The Original makers who made the game sold it to a new weird company. From a game having over 30 million players to the game shutting down is sad.

The game was called Combat Arms. Yes the game is still up to day but, no one really plays and that's why I said it was "shut down" in a way. The things is though, they never listened to the community one bit. It just kept going and going and then finally people had it. See, you guys are way different. You listen to the community sometimes. This sometimes can be changed into all the time!

Also the graphics need to be updated in every realm and I know this might seem hard for you guys to think about. BUT, when you create the ads on TV, make Wizards city free as well as krokatopia, you guys can work on it. It does not have to be one operation at ALL! I think you guys think about certain things way to much and then it takes forever to be updated or a new realm. I feel like if you add everything listed on here, the game would be back to it's original state!!

I have my word on EVERYTHING I've said and I mean it. You guys NEED TO TAKE THIS INTO CONSIDERATION FAST. All of these games coming up and that are already out hurt. Also, I think you guys SHOULD update the max level. That would be phenomenal! Yes this might take time but corporate everything into one and you guys got a second gen community! Kids would LOVE to play this game. Anyways KingsIsle, I love you guys to death and I hope you read over this and take it into great consideration.

Your truly,
Michael Wraith.
Thanks so much for the kind sentiment Michael! This sort of feedback is what we appreciate. Thank you also for showing your confidence in our community efforts :).

There's some possibilities in changing up the early user experience for sure, which we're exploring right now.

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
Hello to all,

Your truly,
Michael Wraith.
Very nice post. I'm one of the Wizard101 game player who feel the way you do about your imput on this matter. So I second the motion. Thumbs up.

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
I'd like to add my input on this by saying Kingsisle made a wouderful move on Wizard City re-vamp. Graphics and it's texture including NPC's looks more lively like the worlds in the 3rd arc and I hope they'll contunue the re-vamp throughout the spiral. I don't how much KI read posts on the Message Board so I will repeat my idea from the post i've placed sun time back:" I think it would help the game a lot if Kingsisle would add an Intense Mode for expert play or something like that so Harcore players can have more fun without KI nerfing battles for the Casual players. everytime a new word comes out. Casual players would always be welcome to play expert but will be difficult for them. That my thought.

Survivor
Jan 02, 2010
In relation to the OP, I am trying to remember what made me find out about Wizard101. This was, now, 9 years ago when I made the account, so my memory might fail me a little. I do think I heard about this game through other friends, and the television advertisements as well. What we have to consider too is not everyone is going to have cable TV nowadays with providers like Netflix, Hulu, etc. out there. So maybe KI needs their own TV-show on one of those venues, then!

On the note of the graphics, it is not an overnight job they can do; correct me if I am wrong, as I am not tech-savvy genius, but they are almost redoing the world's aesthetically, and that takes a lot of time in the end. I do not think their intentions is to do just one of the older world's, and only focus on the new worlds... Honestly, I am surprised they even did that as a lot of game developers, in other MMOs, may skip over and look past what was considered "old content" and only strive for the new.

In regards to the worlds, while I would absolutely love if the starter world would be given at no charge, there is a lot that goes on behind the scenes for this, too. As long as it is a venue for the company to make money, they may have to allocate where they are going to pick up that loss at. A free Wizard City would be nice of them all!

That's just my two cents, at least. :D

Survivor
Mar 03, 2018
Thank you to the admins of KI for at least sharing their two cents with me and actually replying back fast! As for everyone else, thank you! For the revamping process, I know it will take a good bit of time, therefore, I was not talking about it being over night what so ever! I loved all your points and it made me happy!

Sincerely,
Michael Wraith

Champion
Feb 06, 2010
Hello to all,

Your truly,
Michael Wraith.
I must say you have quite a bit there.

I happen to agree with you on some parts. I hope this game lasts a long time, but a lot of work will have to come from somewhere to keep it going. A new world each year is nice, but one day we should be able to do something more than a new world/dungeon. Maybe return to old worlds, or they could create different ways to start the game. Like create several different “fist arcs” to choose from. I also thought in the beginning they should get you involved with your actual school. Like homework assignments or something like that...

Personally having Krok free to play may be a bit much, especially to those I have met that already paid for the entire zone. Perhaps though, they can go a little further than Tritan Avenue.

Advertising for this game is so dependent on YouTube now. Because it seems to me kids today are already on their computer rather than watching actual TV. Still new commercials would be superb!

Survivor
Feb 17, 2017
I personally am a firm believer in making Wizard City free, with the exception of Crab Alley, as it provides access to Waterworks gear later on. As the original post stated, I also got into this game through commercials and have been a player since I was around 8 years old, and I am 15 now.. oh how time flies! I found myself spending more time on this game after being able to progress through the worlds than I did in some of the other hit games out there like say minecraft.. And am I the only one here who has "quit" this game over a dozen times in its existence and always been drawn back somehow? It is weird, but I think you guys put something in my breakfast that has me come back to this game everyday haha. Maybe some new minigames at the potion area would be a nice mini addition as well.. and please please please allow me the option to remove side story quests! It is very frustrating to be questing and me being the one person to press space consecutively, accidentally grab a quest I did not want to..