Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

really strange launcher bug

AuthorMessage
Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
In the past few updates, when the launcher screen comes up, some keyboard functions stop working properly. Usually, I can tab to go from PW to username and vice versa, but now, I have to hit the tab key MANY times to get it to work. The same holds true for the enter key. Once I enter the password, I have to hit enter multiple times to get it to take. Is anybody else experiencing this issue? The facebook group Im in has a few members with the same issue, so I know it's not just me. The computer has been freshly installed within the last year, is totally up to date on updates, uses windows 7 professional 64 bit, and the keyboard is maybe only a few years old.

Any thoughts?

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
dayerider on Feb 13, 2019 wrote:
In the past few updates, when the launcher screen comes up, some keyboard functions stop working properly. Usually, I can tab to go from PW to username and vice versa, but now, I have to hit the tab key MANY times to get it to work. The same holds true for the enter key. Once I enter the password, I have to hit enter multiple times to get it to take. Is anybody else experiencing this issue? The facebook group Im in has a few members with the same issue, so I know it's not just me. The computer has been freshly installed within the last year, is totally up to date on updates, uses windows 7 professional 64 bit, and the keyboard is maybe only a few years old.

Any thoughts?
Yep, having the same problem myself. This is a new problem with the launcher. The first problem with the new launcher was the unusually long time it took to actually pop-up. If you launch Pirate101 and Wizard101 at the same time, you will see how much longer it takes the Wizard101 launcher to come up.

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
My launcher is also taking much longer to pop up - long enough that I question whether I clicked it properly and often click it again. I get the message that it's already running before the launcher appears.

Once it is open I put in my details and click enter. Sometimes it works as expected, but frequently it makes a noise and does nothing until I click login using my mouse. If I hit enter again when it's like this it just repeats the noise and does nothing.

I assumed it was something on my computer rather than the launcher, but hearing other people saying the same thing makes me think it is a little bug with the launcher itself.

It's also taking longer to login and I've had quite a few disconnects on one of my accounts (the others have been pretty normal), again I thought it must be something on my computer (windows updates often default back to original settings even when they were customised) but there are quite a few people also experiencing this so perhaps it's a bug/server issue?

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
yes, it does seem to take longer to respond as well