Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Olde Town Black Magic Academy

AuthorMessage
Champion
Feb 06, 2010
Hello there,

I had a thought, not too shabby if I do say so myself. In Pirate101 we have the Black Market in which you can receive some luxurious items.

Now I realize that whatever is under that hole in Olde Town is already way past the production part, but I was thinking it would be cool if we found this old worn out academy down there like the original Ravenwood when it was first built. But now have it like a Halloween town (gotta keep it kid-friendly).

As you walk through you see tombs of old students and professors, and this cool witch organ music plays. As you get to the end, you find this big Mausoleum with a really old dark wizard looking person who can sell some dark recipes/reagents, and maybe some new death or shadow spells. He can be Ambrose's greatest rival (kind of like Gandalf and Saruman only Ambrose won).

This is just a thought I had and really wanted to plant the seed and walk away...

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
Blaze03554 on Feb 3, 2019 wrote:
Hello there,

I had a thought, not too shabby if I do say so myself. In Pirate101 we have the Black Market in which you can receive some luxurious items.

Now I realize that whatever is under that hole in Olde Town is already way past the production part, but I was thinking it would be cool if we found this old worn out academy down there like the original Ravenwood when it was first built. But now have it like a Halloween town (gotta keep it kid-friendly).

As you walk through you see tombs of old students and professors, and this cool witch organ music plays. As you get to the end, you find this big Mausoleum with a really old dark wizard looking person who can sell some dark recipes/reagents, and maybe some new death or shadow spells. He can be Ambrose's greatest rival (kind of like Gandalf and Saruman only Ambrose won).

This is just a thought I had and really wanted to plant the seed and walk away...

There are quite a lot of real life examples of this, where a current city has been built on top of an old one. I thought it was a possibility when I saw Renee and her team gathered around that spooky hole

One of the first things that came to mind was the possibility of a second Wizard City hidden below the 'new town', it reminded me of the Edinburgh vaults. Norrie Rowan (Scottish rugby player) rediscovered the Edinburgh vaults in the 80's. There are so many stories - historical, ghostly, villainous etc from the exploration and excavation. There's quite a lot of gruesome and criminal stuff linked to the vaults - secret breweries, black market trades, secret entrances and even speculation that the notorious killers, Burke and Hare, may have used them. It was even used in th 80's to help a Romanian rugby player escape the Romanian secret police just weeks before the 1989 Romanian Revolution!

Part of the vaults has been made into a nightclub (not very wizardlike haha) and some of them are used for ghost tours etc but it's all really cool and the history that goes with it is awesome and full of mystery! I wonder what ghosts he disturbed!

It would be fun to have an olden days Wizard City down there, where no-one even knows they're hundreds of years out of sync with the world just above it! They're kind of dead, but because they're still 'living' and doing things they're not really, more like a little piece of time that has stopped rather than dead or undead. I'm not sure if what I'm imagining only makes sense in my mind

Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
Victoria FireHeart on Feb 4, 2019 wrote:
There are quite a lot of real life examples of this, where a current city has been built on top of an old one. I thought it was a possibility when I saw Renee and her team gathered around that spooky hole

One of the first things that came to mind was the possibility of a second Wizard City hidden below the 'new town', it reminded me of the Edinburgh vaults. Norrie Rowan (Scottish rugby player) rediscovered the Edinburgh vaults in the 80's. There are so many stories - historical, ghostly, villainous etc from the exploration and excavation. There's quite a lot of gruesome and criminal stuff linked to the vaults - secret breweries, black market trades, secret entrances and even speculation that the notorious killers, Burke and Hare, may have used them. It was even used in th 80's to help a Romanian rugby player escape the Romanian secret police just weeks before the 1989 Romanian Revolution!

Part of the vaults has been made into a nightclub (not very wizardlike haha) and some of them are used for ghost tours etc but it's all really cool and the history that goes with it is awesome and full of mystery! I wonder what ghosts he disturbed!

It would be fun to have an olden days Wizard City down there, where no-one even knows they're hundreds of years out of sync with the world just above it! They're kind of dead, but because they're still 'living' and doing things they're not really, more like a little piece of time that has stopped rather than dead or undead. I'm not sure if what I'm imagining only makes sense in my mind
Another prime example of a forgotten city under a modern city is Pompei ( of course most is now excavated and not underground. ) I believe that in London, there are also Roman remains under the city.
And the city of Seatle, WA. ( USA ) has an underground city.( I think? )

It would be wonderful, spooky fun to explore the lost remains of a previous Wizard City. Even if a night club isn't very wizardly, it would still be funny to find a pirate tavern filled with undead pirates.

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
anecorbie on Feb 4, 2019 wrote:
Another prime example of a forgotten city under a modern city is Pompei ( of course most is now excavated and not underground. ) I believe that in London, there are also Roman remains under the city.
And the city of Seatle, WA. ( USA ) has an underground city.( I think? )

It would be wonderful, spooky fun to explore the lost remains of a previous Wizard City. Even if a night club isn't very wizardly, it would still be funny to find a pirate tavern filled with undead pirates.
A pirate tavern full of alive pirates who are living as if it were the 1800's

Shiver-me-timbers, that sounds FUN!

It could be the portal between the W101 and P101 servers hehe...that'd mix things up a bit

Delver
Oct 27, 2009
I'm not sure about Wizard City for the location, but I do like the idea of one of the worlds having an underground city/ ruins/ catacombs. We have visited some caves, tunnels, and other various underground ruins in various worlds, but it would be interesting to see an extensive version riffing on wonders of the underground, something along the lines of the show that tours underneath great cities in the world, where what they find can span a thousand years or more and include all sorts of stuff from different time periods and cultures and even some natural cave wonders and rivers.

Survivor
Mar 10, 2012
Maybe they accidentally broke through to an old city that has long been forgotten about and was purposely built over to conceal the dark school of magic known as Chaos which was to oppose Balance back in the day but was considered too dangerous for new wizards due to it's power and unpredictability.

Defender
Aug 30, 2014
@GabrielFireWeilder We could discover this magic in the next world as the result of the recent upheaval in the spiral caused by Raven and Spider making it the beginning of our next world or even the next side world?

Survivor
Feb 17, 2019
GabrielFireWeilder on Mar 5, 2019 wrote:
Maybe they accidentally broke through to an old city that has long been forgotten about and was purposely built over to conceal the dark school of magic known as Chaos which was to oppose Balance back in the day but was considered too dangerous for new wizards due to it's power and unpredictability.
I think a Chaos school would be great

Survivor
May 21, 2011
This is very interesting.

I think the only thing that rivals a catacombs or lost town concept is that the Sunken City in Nightside is already exists. Of course on the other hand it could just be another part of it.

How about the idea that Shadow Magic really did exist as a school of magic taught at Ravenwood. I agree with the speculation above that there is some sort of old Ravenwood and it would also make connections to Gretta's claims of once teaching at Ravenwood.

Of course this could also suggest that shadow magic as possibly originally approved by Ambrose was definitely perceived in a perspective for good than evil. Perhaps Gretta's ideals as a Cabal member changed that perspective on Shadow Magic?

- Noah SilverBlade

Astrologist
Feb 12, 2015
I don't know about the rest of you, but I think that it might be a Fifth Dungeon! I can hear it now... the Fifth Dungeon.

Survivor
Jan 27, 2011
I would think that the hole in old town might be related to the Waterworks dungeon. There is a bit of exposition at the beginning of the waterworks quest that mentions that tunnels used to run under all of Triton Avenue. Who's to say that they didn't connect all of Wizard city? Also, I believe one boss in Waterworks leave when defeated, mentioning offhand that this isn't the last we'll see of him. Maybe he'll make a comeback in this dungeon as the Mayor of the Underground City.