Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

The ablity to upgrade leveled gear with crowns

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 18, 2009
A lot of packs have gear sets that differ depending on your level, which eventually get outdated

It would be cool for (a fair amount of crowns) to have the ablity to updrage set gear, to the next set of levels

(Like level 100 gear to level 120) with the amont of crowns changing depending on how high you are about to upgrade and the current level (Like 10 to 20 costing less than 40 to 50)

Survivor
May 18, 2009
Obviously, by the way, this would also apply to gear gotten through cards bought at stores, that comes with them

Defender
Jun 03, 2017
scotsoulgem on Jan 27, 2019 wrote:
A lot of packs have gear sets that differ depending on your level, which eventually get outdated

It would be cool for (a fair amount of crowns) to have the ablity to updrage set gear, to the next set of levels

(Like level 100 gear to level 120) with the amont of crowns changing depending on how high you are about to upgrade and the current level (Like 10 to 20 costing less than 40 to 50)
I was actually thinking about this! I think this is a very nice idea! It would definitely improve the amount of packs I opened to get Dalias Sweltering Shoes, and then I didn’t use them, because I got Wysteria Warrior Boots.

Survivor
May 21, 2011
Oh this is a great idea!

Personally I was worrying about this issue during the pack a polooza last week. I leveled up my life to level 60 and got specific pack gear for him, but I worried about not having updated gear for future levels. Most likely I'll be sticking with this 60 pack gear until holiday special packs role around again

Definite +1

- Noah SilverBlood

Survivor
Jul 07, 2009
YES! This was a new problem I just discovered. I was so happy when I bought the Great Detective Bundle, and as always, I get the highest ranked gear to use them later. However, I already got the bundle months ago, and the recently decided to add even higher rank gear, level 130. I was so mad, I was given no warning they would add higher levels to that gear.

Even though there was little change to the stats, there is still change, and I don't wanna buy a whole new card just to get it.

I personally think if there's a change to the levels, we need that option to get the next level up. We can even use the 5000 crowns we get from the bundles to upgrade.

Defender
Nov 08, 2009
This is a great idea, love it.
Maybe a level up gear elixir, would not allow you to go over your level and cost like maybe 1000 crowns.
so if i wanted to level up my level 100 gear to level 130, i would have to buy 3 elixirs.

Explorer
Dec 26, 2010
This a great idea for gear that is for under level 100. Especially levels 55-99 where you end up stuck with waterworks gear if you don't want to spend money on packs and by the time your hitting Azteca it just doesn't really help anymore.

However keep in mind not all packs have top tier stats available. There are still quite a few packs that even if you have a max level wizard the gear maxes out at levels 100,110, and 120 depending on when they were originally put in the store. Only certain packs that were upgraded when empyrea part 2 came out and of course the most recent packs like nimbari are gonna be able to be upgraded all the way to level 130 if this idea ever comes to pass.

Still though I would love this for the life and ice wizard I'm going to start working on soon. I'm already dreading that huge gear gap from 55-99 on my life.

Defender
Nov 08, 2009
Luvdogs99 on Feb 8, 2019 wrote:
This a great idea for gear that is for under level 100. Especially levels 55-99 where you end up stuck with waterworks gear if you don't want to spend money on packs and by the time your hitting Azteca it just doesn't really help anymore.

However keep in mind not all packs have top tier stats available. There are still quite a few packs that even if you have a max level wizard the gear maxes out at levels 100,110, and 120 depending on when they were originally put in the store. Only certain packs that were upgraded when empyrea part 2 came out and of course the most recent packs like nimbari are gonna be able to be upgraded all the way to level 130 if this idea ever comes to pass.

Still though I would love this for the life and ice wizard I'm going to start working on soon. I'm already dreading that huge gear gap from 55-99 on my life.
I think the idea was to be able to upgrade all gear, even if the gear is maxed at 100, 110 and 120. So instead of KI having to upgrade the old packs, we can buy an elixir to do it.
For example if i bought the Nimbari pack when I was level 120, i can get an elixir and upgrade it to 130 when I reach that level and at level 140 i can buy another elixir and upgrade it again. With out having to keep buying packs to improve what I have and Like. Or I can upgrade my Darkmoor gear to level 130, that would be amazing.

Explorer
Dec 26, 2010
Cat Wildbreeze on Feb 12, 2019 wrote:
I think the idea was to be able to upgrade all gear, even if the gear is maxed at 100, 110 and 120. So instead of KI having to upgrade the old packs, we can buy an elixir to do it.
For example if i bought the Nimbari pack when I was level 120, i can get an elixir and upgrade it to 130 when I reach that level and at level 140 i can buy another elixir and upgrade it again. With out having to keep buying packs to improve what I have and Like. Or I can upgrade my Darkmoor gear to level 130, that would be amazing.
Yes I understand that, thing is you can't upgrade gear to a tier that doesn't exist. If the pack hasn't been upgraded so that gear with level 130 or level 120 stats exists then you can't upgrade it to that tier. That's what I meant.

For example the immortal's lore pack. Even if you have a level 130 wizard or a level 120 any gear you get out of the pack is still going to say level 110. The pack hasn't been upgraded to have stats for level 120 or 130. So even if you made a potion to upgrade gear you wouldn't be able to upgrade gear from this pack past level 110 because they simply do not exist.

It's completely possible that eventually KI will make level 120 and 130 versions of gear for this pack or other packs that have gear that max out at a certain level. But unless they create those versions of the gear then even if you used a potion designed to make your gear level 120 or 130 it wouldn't work.

You gotta remember that even if a potion like this is put in for it to work versions of the gear that match the level you want to upgrade to have to exist first. If that version doesn't exist then you are plain out of luck.

Which is why I say it's great for gear under level 100. Every pack has versions of the gear for level 1-90. Not every pack has an existing version of gear for levels 100-130. Which also means that if packs are not upgraded and you reach level 140 even with this potion you would not be able to upgrade to level 140 gear until KI took the time to sit down create and add in the stats for level 140 gear to the system.

No matter how you look at KI would have to upgrade the packs to match the levels you are wanting before you could use this potion to get gear on that level. Otherwise (and yes repeating this again) the data for gear on that level does not exist in the game and you would not be able to upgrade to it.

Survivor
Sep 07, 2011
An absolutely genius idea Scot, this would be perfect for people who managed to get a great piece of gear yet don't want to go through the trouble of wasting crowns on more packs of course. Time to get more attention on this thing because it deserves it.