Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Getting the crafting supplies

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 27, 2009
Good day everyone,

I am trying to get my Dragonspyre crafting quest complete and I am looking for either Diamonds (20) or enough ore to transmute that amount (300). I have looked in the bazaar, and have not found any of these items in there. I would greatly appreciate if I could get some help please.

Chris Skymask (52 Death)

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
Chris Skymask on Jan 23, 2019 wrote:
Good day everyone,

I am trying to get my Dragonspyre crafting quest complete and I am looking for either Diamonds (20) or enough ore to transmute that amount (300). I have looked in the bazaar, and have not found any of these items in there. I would greatly appreciate if I could get some help please.

Chris Skymask (52 Death)
I got them from The Cave of Solitude...I just ran around in the natural loop of it and picked up all the ore, then switched realms to do it again. You can get diamonds from picking up ore as well, so watch out for those lucky extra ones because they knock off 15 ore needed all in one drop

Good luck and happy crafting!

Astrologist
Feb 12, 2015
Chris Skymask on Jan 23, 2019 wrote:
Good day everyone,

Chris Skymask (52 Death)
Welcome, Chris Skymask!

Gardening is apparently a good source of Diamonds. The easiest plants to get that drop them are probably Burning Snap Dragon or Frozen Fly Trap. If you don't have the time for that, they can be bought from Diego the Duelmaster for 100 Arena Tickets.

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
Let's talk about Ore first.

These are a list of areas I recommend you try to harvest the reagent.

In your case, I won't list any beyond Dragonspyre;

Wizard City:
Haunted CaveCyclops Lane
Krokotopia:

Altar of KingsRoyal HallExcavation SitePalace of Fire
Mooshu

Cave of Solitude
Dragonspyre:

The Tower ArchivesDragonspyre AcademyThe Atheneum (highly recommend; especially the area by the mini-games and furniture shop)The Drake Hatchery.
You can also garden:

These plants all have chances of dropping the reagent upon harvesting.

If you've crowns to spare, there's also a 100 Ore Bundle inside the Crown Shop under the reagent tab.

Look for the reagents in "Perfect" realms.

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
Now, let's talk Diamond.

As you know, Diamonds are rare harvests from Ores. So pursue the locations I enlisted above.

For Gardening Purposes, you can try the following plants:

If you fish, then fishing chests in these locations may yield some favorable results:

Again, I only listed locations you should have access to.

Also, notice that some plants overlap from the list I had above such as the Fickle Pickle.
So, if you haven't started already, I suggest you begin Gardening and hence work on planting these seeds.

Good Luck!

Survivor
Dec 27, 2009
Thank you all for the information.

Chris Skymask (53 Death)