Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

best housing item you found

AuthorMessage
Historian
Aug 10, 2009
Hey all!

Just wondering what is the best housing item you have found? Where did you get it?

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
Idony09 on Jan 21, 2019 wrote:
Hey all!

Just wondering what is the best housing item you have found? Where did you get it?

Ooooh soooo many! By 'best' do you mean the ones we love most because they look good or the ones that are most useful?

Useful:
Teleporters ~ recipes from Gearwise
Teleport tapestries ~ recipes around the Spiral
Customizable Signs ~ recipes from Koyate Ghostmane
Door castle blocks ~ great for cosy/complete rooms ~ recipes from Lloyd FallingWater and Oztomeca
Plant 'like' items
Aquariums ~ cool for decorating, storage, and MOVING fish via the shared bank! Recipes from Frode Silverscale (Eudora Tangletree)
All crafting stations!

Useful for glitching:
Wall blocks ~ glitch wall hangings (recipes from Lloyd FallingWater and Oztomeca)
Tatami Floor Mats ~ Single or doubled, these are essential glitching tools!
Shaman Rug ~ put plots anywhere!
Flat wooden platform ~ Amazing for building new rooms and decorating in other places (Crown shop for GOLD)
Plant pots ~ Ironic, but these are needed for zero plot/pot plant decorating!
Crates / Crates of vegetables ~ For plot builds
Flat braided rune stones ~ For large plot builds (Often found in the bazaar...no need to spam packs for them)
Flag ~ Helps build upwards. (Get it from the bazaar)

Beautiful / cute:
Piggy bank
Toy monkey
Stuffed owl (IDK why I am obsessed with these!)
Mini Games ~ Look so pretty and fill mana...from various house fishing chests
House Games ~ recipes from Padraig (also available from crown shop, no gold option though)
Mannequins ~ recipes from Felicia Worthington
Foooood - loads of fooooood!
Kitchen Ware Pots ~ recipe from Torald Wayfinder
Untidy bookshelf ~ recipe from Torald Wayfinder
Playable musical instruments
Furniture sets ~ Available from the Crown shop for GOLD.

I'd love more combo items, like the kitchen ware pots and untidy bookshelf etc because they feel complete rather than having to use lots of individual items to make it look 'real'. MESSY items would be fun, (eg over flowing laundry basket, strewn clothes, unwashed dishes etc) busy wizards can't all be so houseproud

Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
Idony09 on Jan 21, 2019 wrote:
Hey all!

My favorite house item wasn't found; I crafted it. The Music Box.

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
anecorbie on Jan 23, 2019 wrote:
My favorite house item wasn't found; I crafted it. The Music Box.
Oh yeah, I totally LOVE that as well! It can be bought in the Crown shop (only way to gift it) and I crafted them as well. The Tower Music Box recipe is here and can be bought from Torald Wayfinder

To craft it we also need the Solar Decoration recipe from Wul'Yahm and the Stone Wall Segment recipe from Eudora Tangletree. It's one of the trickier crafting projects but really worth it

Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
Victoria FireHeart on Jan 24, 2019 wrote:
Oh yeah, I totally LOVE that as well! It can be bought in the Crown shop (only way to gift it) and I crafted them as well. The Tower Music Box recipe is here and can be bought from Torald Wayfinder

To craft it we also need the Solar Decoration recipe from Wul'Yahm and the Stone Wall Segment recipe from Eudora Tangletree. It's one of the trickier crafting projects but really worth it
Thank you for adding that information, it's been a while since I crafted that piece.