Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Critical Restrictions (Possible 5th Age)

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 16, 2011
This idea just came to my mind and I thought it best to go directly to the boards before i forgot about it. What if, for PvP only, critical was treated more as a scarce resource than just a stat? This may sound weird but trust me it could possibly work and encourage more tactical play.
Think about how critical works right now. Everyone has their own desired critical rating/percentage they have intricately designed to compliment their other stats. But what if you could only critical a maximum amount of times during a match? And, what if you could control when you're able to use your critical in order to not waste any of the said maximum uses.
For example, if critical is changed in a way that you are only able to critical a maximum amount of 3 spells during a PvP match, you would be able to decide whether or not you want to integrate your critical percentage with a spell in order to have that chance to critical. If you don't critical your spell, it won't use up any of the said maximum 3 spells you're allowed to critical.
If this type of critical system were to be implemented I think it would most likely decrease heal spamming or at least make it more difficult to do so due to the restricted critical. It would also force players to use their critical more wisely in every match rather than completely relying on RNG to give them the upper hand for every attack and/or heal.
I would also like to make a note about critical block as that stat would function just how it does now. This is due to critical block not being a stat that has the potential to give a match changing bonus, but rather a stat that has the potential to prevent one.
This idea, at least to me, seems like a reasonable revamp of the critical system and would possibly bring about a 5th Age to PvP. Feel free to let me know what y'all think about it!