Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

New Character Transfer Requirement

AuthorMessage
Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
Sparck,

Please update the official requirements for a character transfer between accounts. I was recently denied a character transfer by KI Support, because the associated emails between the current account and the destination account did not match (nor should they....since it is linked accounts between actual family members with different email addresses).

Below is the link to the official KI defined requirements for a character transfer that does not mention anything about matching emails.

https://www.wizard101.com/forum/ravenwood-commons/character-transfer-questions-8ad6a4145554b482015570ea2b6459be/8ad6a4145554b4820155735a24d20792?fromSearchResult=true#8ad6a4145554b4820155735a24d20792

Administrator
Oran of Urz on Jan 11, 2019 wrote:
Sparck,

Please update the official requirements for a character transfer between accounts. I was recently denied a character transfer by KI Support, because the associated emails between the current account and the destination account did not match (nor should they....since it is linked accounts between actual family members with different email addresses).

Below is the link to the official KI defined requirements for a character transfer that does not mention anything about matching emails.

https://www.wizard101.com/forum/ravenwood-commons/character-transfer-questions-8ad6a4145554b482015570ea2b6459be/8ad6a4145554b4820155735a24d20792?fromSearchResult=true#8ad6a4145554b4820155735a24d20792
We'll get this updated. Our current policies are quite strict here, we need your original account email address for verification of most transactional needs.

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
Oran of Urz on Jan 11, 2019 wrote:
Sparck,

I might be sticking my nose in but decided to anyway because I'm unsure why the request was denied and didn't understand Sparck's reply either...

Was the request made from the master account? I was wondering if it was a complication because the request was made by the wrong account. If I had the master for the family of accounts but had 2 kids it would be important that they couldn't just submit a request to get their sibling's wizard moved to their account...so it would have to be a request from the master account (reflecting the master email).

Does that make sense? Could that be all that went wrong? If so, maybe you can still do it by messaging from the master email instead?

Sorry if I am making no sense and have misunderstood the situation! I hope this helps though and if it does then it was worth replying even if I might look daft if I have just misunderstood lol

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
Victoria FireHeart on Jan 11, 2019 wrote:
I might be sticking my nose in but decided to anyway because I'm unsure why the request was denied and didn't understand Sparck's reply either...

Was the request made from the master account? I was wondering if it was a complication because the request was made by the wrong account. If I had the master for the family of accounts but had 2 kids it would be important that they couldn't just submit a request to get their sibling's wizard moved to their account...so it would have to be a request from the master account (reflecting the master email).

Does that make sense? Could that be all that went wrong? If so, maybe you can still do it by messaging from the master email instead?

Sorry if I am making no sense and have misunderstood the situation! I hope this helps though and if it does then it was worth replying even if I might look daft if I have just misunderstood lol
I fully understand what your saying and part of the reason I don't like the new requirement. Essentially, the account you are moving the character from and the account you are moving the character to, have to have the same email address on file BEFORE you submit the request. In my case, this email is different than the email associated with the master password.

In a sense, child accounts could move characters without the master email even knowing (as long as the child accounts agreed on the same email).

After I was denied the request, I even changed the original and destination account emails to the same email as the master email, but this was denied too, since the original support ticket (associated with the origin character account was still being updated in email with the old email address). I've attempted a whole new ticket (and of course bogged the system down with an additional ticket).

This new (and unadvertised) requirement is very confusing. If a new security requirement is needed, why not just add the request feature as a button under the master password (instead of asking family members to change their email addresses for an unknown amount of time while KI works on the transfer....or not in my case). If we can move Crowns between family accounts, we should be able to request a transfer that way too.

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
Oran of Urz on Jan 15, 2019 wrote:
I fully understand what your saying and part of the reason I don't like the new requirement. Essentially, the account you are moving the character from and the account you are moving the character to, have to have the same email address on file BEFORE you submit the request. In my case, this email is different than the email associated with the master password.

In a sense, child accounts could move characters without the master email even knowing (as long as the child accounts agreed on the same email).

After I was denied the request, I even changed the original and destination account emails to the same email as the master email, but this was denied too, since the original support ticket (associated with the origin character account was still being updated in email with the old email address). I've attempted a whole new ticket (and of course bogged the system down with an additional ticket).

This new (and unadvertised) requirement is very confusing. If a new security requirement is needed, why not just add the request feature as a button under the master password (instead of asking family members to change their email addresses for an unknown amount of time while KI works on the transfer....or not in my case). If we can move Crowns between family accounts, we should be able to request a transfer that way too.
That is confusing and sounds new - I've never heard of it either. I'm still a bit confused what needs to be the same and why. Good thing Sparck's on to it! Hopefully he will be able to get it added to the notes quickly so it's nice and clear.

I hope you get your wizard moved soon

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
Victoria FireHeart on Jan 15, 2019 wrote:
That is confusing and sounds new - I've never heard of it either. I'm still a bit confused what needs to be the same and why. Good thing Sparck's on to it! Hopefully he will be able to get it added to the notes quickly so it's nice and clear.

I hope you get your wizard moved soon
Well, still awaiting the transfer. My ticket keeps getting "solved" because KI Support is awaiting a response on me....but not actually asking a question. I get a return email stating what the character transfer requirements are (which oddly doesn't include matching emails) and a statement that if those conditions are met to let them know source account, destination account and the character to be transferred.....which was already provided in the initial ticket submissions.

This is the most frustrating customer support process I've ever encountered.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
All good now. The ticket made it to the right support personnel who took care of it (and quick when it got to them).

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
Oran of Urz on Jan 17, 2019 wrote:
All good now. The ticket made it to the right support personnel who took care of it (and quick when it got to them).
Yay! That's awesome!