Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Rules?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 03, 2012
Is there an official book of rules or a place where the rules are listed? id love to know when i should report someone so i don't get banned for false reporting. thanks

Delver
Jan 20, 2013
Hi there! The closest thing to a set of written in-game rules would be the Terms of Use HERE. It’s very wordy though. For a more simple version, you can check out THIS thread. It lists some reportable and not reportable offenses. Keep in mind that they are just guidelines and do not encompass everything.

Hope this helps!

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
Just to add to what Van mentioned, also note that whenever a report is made and submitted, the chat log about five or so minutes is examined before and after the report is made to assist with the investigation.

You can't report someone for being "too mean" but harassment/bullying or talking around the chat filters is something different.

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
OZR2 on Jan 9, 2019 wrote:
Is there an official book of rules or a place where the rules are listed? id love to know when i should report someone so i don't get banned for false reporting. thanks
Some things are clearly against the terms of use and should always be reported - eg asking for account details, asking for phone numbers, address or other info that identifies the person irl etc etc...but other things might come down to a grey area of interpretation and context.

If someone says, "This wand looks stew pet I need to stitch it" there is nothing offensive or malicious even though it is technically against the ToU. If there is a bunch of wizards all saying to another wizard, "You are stew pet!" that's really unkind and could make that player feel very unhappy. It could constitute bullying.

When I have to decide whether to ignore something or report it I tend to ask myself, "If a parent was trying out this game to see if it is suitable for their child, would hearing that stop them letting their child play?" If the answer is 'yes' then I think KI should know about it, so I report it. If the answer is 'no' or 'probably not' then I don't waste KI's time with it...I might put the person on ignore though.

I don't speak for KI so I don't know how they view this approach. I just think that anything that could result in losing potential customers and stop children from being allowed the joy of playing W101 is something that KI should be aware of so they can decide what's best for their game and the Spiral

PS. I've made very few reports and have genuinely found the game to be very friendly, safe and suitable for children. I highly recommend this game to other parents and encourage them to enable text chat so their children can make friends, interact and fully enjoy working with others in teams!