Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Feedback Friday 11-30-18

AuthorMessage
Administrator
Hi Wizards! Let's chat once again about a new topic, shall we?

Today, let's focus on Wizard City, and the colorful cast of characters in this world (we'll hit some other worlds in the future, but for now, let's stick with our first world of the Spiral). What sidequest in Wizard City do you wish continued further? Which minor character would you like to know more about?

For example, WHY does Malorn Ashthorn think the Death School is the best? What’s the deal with Gretta Darkkettle? What burning questions do you have about these people or this place?

Have a wonderful weekend, everyone!

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!

“If the Mind is like a candle, the Heart is like the sun.” Professor Falmea
Survivor
Nov 27, 2010
Yay, my first Feedback Friday! How did Gloria Krendell become friends with Sylvia Drake?

Delver
Nov 25, 2012
Lady Oriel.
I'd like to know more about her and how did she get to Wizardcity in the first place and from where.

Mastermind
Mar 16, 2009
Not a particular quest, but I'd like to have more interactions with my fellow wizards from Wizard City. We help them out for a few quests, then go off to save the Spiral - twice. Then, we graduate and our classmates show up again, but they all look like they've been level 5 this entire time. They have to have been up to something while we were out saving the Spiral!

Ok, one of them definitely has been, but what about the rest of them?

Defender
Aug 03, 2015
I would like to know more about Thermidor. Possibly an expansion story line of Crab alley?

Mastermind
Feb 07, 2010
Farley said he might need a favor at some point, but he never actually asks for help on anything. I was thinking that there might be some sort of quest where the goal is to harvest a quest item off a plant, similar to a "defeat and collect" quest, but with gardening instead of combat.

Survivor
Aug 14, 2018
I’ve always been interested in Baldur Goldpaws backstory. (Or expanding upon Yngvar Sharptooth since I like the idea of him being our spiritual father but he’s not in Wizard City.)

Survivor
Sep 14, 2014
I feel as though Simeon in Ravenwood could be explored a lot more. Like most other NPCs in Wizard City that are featured in a multitude of storyline and side quests, Simeon is very much absent in that regard, especially throughout higher levels. His end in the beginning of the game makes him seem really out of place, especially in Ravenwood, when nearly every other NPC consistently maintains a use to a considerable degree.

Survivor
Dec 13, 2008
I've always been interested in Malorn so more about him would be great! :D He's some sort of student teacher/teaching assistant for death students until they can get into Nightside to learn from Dworgyn. That's about all we know. Who gave him this position? Is it even official or did he just decide that after Malistaire left someone needed to teach death magic? He was one of Malistaire's students right? Was he the only teacher for a while until Dworgyn was hired? Do they get along? What's his relationship like with the other professors since he's in something of an odd position now? What's his backstory?

We've gotten to know more about the official professors through your Ravenwood Roll Call videos and the Five B.O.X.E.S. questline but he's technically not one and thus wasn't included. Even though until you open Nightside he might as well be. I just think he deserves the spotlight at least as much any other professor.

As for sidequests I'm sorry but I really don't know. It's been so long since I did any in Wizard City that I don't recall what they were and really don't want to scour a wiki. I'd like to see where the construction quest is going though! After the remodeling of the city Renee and her team seem to have found a strange hole that's quite deep and leads somewhere unknown. She said she told Headmaster Ambrose and that some wizards were going to look into it. And that's been that ever since. Will this be picked up any time soon? I'm excited to know where it goes!

Survivor
Sep 05, 2009
I have always questioned who Lord Nightshade was before death. It is stated that he was allied with Malistare, not summoned. So I always asked myself if he was once friends of those in Wizardcity before dying. What turned him to hatred for Ambrose? Why were the Caves of Wizardcity even created in the fact that it was so predictable that the undead would turn easily to evil actions? Were the caves required to be placed there to balance out the rest of the magical areas of Wizardcity? Even so, all the more humane-undead creatures of Wizardcity imply that they were betrayed or had horrible events happen to them in life, examples being Lady Blackhope and Sergeant Skullsplitter. What was Lord Nightshade and the others denied in life to have been unable to crossover to the Other Side? Rather some were brought to undeath by Malistare because he was able to speak with the undead and know their troubles so he brought them back to possibly attempt to repair their failures or gather revenge for who betrayed them. (Unsure if it was specific to only ask questions about NPCs and not creatures, but I asked away anyway)

Survivor
Jan 11, 2010
What is the construction crew up to in Olde Towne, when will they elaborate on the going’s on with them?

Champion
Feb 06, 2010
Professor Falmea on Nov 30, 2018 wrote:
Hi Wizards! Let's chat once again about a new topic, shall we?

Today, let's focus on Wizard City, and the colorful cast of characters in this world (we'll hit some other worlds in the future, but for now, let's stick with our first world of the Spiral). What sidequest in Wizard City do you wish continued further? Which minor character would you like to know more about?

For example, WHY does Malorn Ashthorn think the Death School is the best? What’s the deal with Gretta Darkkettle? What burning questions do you have about these people or this place?

Have a wonderful weekend, everyone!

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!
I have four if you don’t mind.

• It was kind of neat during the Gretta Darkettle days. Knowing she use to teach Alchemy at Ravenwood, I always thought it would be cool if she could resume as potions master. Because c’mon what wizard wouldn’t want to craft a potion using reagents, that gave us effects like in the ones in the crown shop or even the ones your offering in the crown rewards!! But we, of course, know later in the story how she turned out....

• Boris Tallstaff had really cool “history lessons” if you will. Also, Boris “writes for the school paper” which never was talked about again afterward. Maybe one day he can call us back to learn more about Ravenwood, like about the Death and Balance school since he did not talk about those two when we're talking to the trees and the professors - this one probably should have continued.

• Klortho is still new, but was just a one hit wonder maybe more of him too!

• I agree with @BalanceOverLord77, who exactly is or was Lord Nightshade? The bosses on every street all seem to hate Merle Ambrose.

P.S. It is really good to see you back professor! I really really wanted to tell you I could not stop cracking up at the October KI live, as the sound kept going out. Each time you would grab your magic wand I lost it!!!! I believe you unintentionally made my day!

Survivor
Sep 29, 2017
Actually, I really do wish there was a side quest with Malorn. After you discover the death school, he just stands there and isn't mentioned again. With the other death school wizards in Wizard City, there are side quests for each of them, but not Malorn. A side quest for him would be really cool, and I think it should be for like, level 15+ wizards. Make it a little challenging. A side quest that low level wizards can farm for. Now that would be cool.

Allison RainShade - 128
Allison SkyWalker - 116
Allison NightRider - 88
Allison RoseThorn - 32
Allison DragonFlame - 11
Allison GoldenStone - 5

Survivor
Jan 03, 2010
i would like to a investigation on Ceren Nightchant as to why the guards wont let him down the street and why he was picked by Moolinda and how come she did not pick lady Oreil since she was the at the castle already in the hedge maze at the end of the street!!

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
Good to see Feedback Friday in full swing!

Now, as per question;

I'm curious about a few:

Penny Dreadful - We assisted her a few times during our early adventures in Wizard City, but now, she just stands there in the Commons. What's her purpose? Can we assist her even more?

Lady Oriel - Beautiful and elegant, she taught us our very first spell. We helped her with the Dark Fairy problem in Unicorn Way, but I'd still like more interactions with her.

Regina Flametalon - Anyone remember her in Golem Court? Now that we assisted her with her paper, what's next for her?

Astrologist
Aug 23, 2016
We need more Shelus Gruffheart

He states he's roamed the entire spiral. I would like to see more search and find quests from him (along the lines of the Zeke quests)

Good to have you back Professor. We've missed you.

Steven Ghoststalker

Defender
Jun 03, 2017
We should get ice and snow for the commons and more vibrant colors!

Defender
Aug 16, 2014
StarlitImagination on Dec 1, 2018 wrote:
I've always been interested in Malorn so more about him would be great! :D He's some sort of student teacher/teaching assistant for death students until they can get into Nightside to learn from Dworgyn. That's about all we know. Who gave him this position? Is it even official or did he just decide that after Malistaire left someone needed to teach death magic? He was one of Malistaire's students right? Was he the only teacher for a while until Dworgyn was hired? Do they get along? What's his relationship like with the other professors since he's in something of an odd position now? What's his backstory?

We've gotten to know more about the official professors through your Ravenwood Roll Call videos and the Five B.O.X.E.S. questline but he's technically not one and thus wasn't included. Even though until you open Nightside he might as well be. I just think he deserves the spotlight at least as much any other professor.

As for sidequests I'm sorry but I really don't know. It's been so long since I did any in Wizard City that I don't recall what they were and really don't want to scour a wiki. I'd like to see where the construction quest is going though! After the remodeling of the city Renee and her team seem to have found a strange hole that's quite deep and leads somewhere unknown. She said she told Headmaster Ambrose and that some wizards were going to look into it. And that's been that ever since. Will this be picked up any time soon? I'm excited to know where it goes!
You will learn more about him at somepoint near your graduation

Defender
Aug 16, 2014
It may not have been Malorn. I'm checking right now though!

-Zachary SpirtLeaf 121

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
Gretta Darkkettle and Shelus Gruffheart would be the ones to get my vote!

Mindy PixieCrown or Boris Tallstaff would be second choices compared to the two above.

I think that Gretta Darkkettle has perhaps the most interesting backstory- teaching Alchemy and being associated with the Cabal, but Shelus would undoubtedly have much to offer in the way of otherworldly adventures. I really like the idea of having to track down objects for him or something.

Defender
Aug 16, 2014
Administrator
These are great! There are so many stories to tell, I hope we get to delve into them soon. ::grin::

Our traditional last topic of the year shall be posted shortly (a rare Feedback Thursday)!

“If the Mind is like a candle, the Heart is like the sun.” Professor Falmea