Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Character Avatar Outdated

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 17, 2018
So I know that this would be really hard to do, but it's just an idea that I (and probably a lot of other people) have.

Wizard101 character avatars are so old. I know the game synergizes well with "bad graphics" so it can run on almost any computer, but even Pirate101--which I assume is the less popular game--has avatars that look much more like people and less like an assortment of chunky shapes. They have balanced faces and curves (and I believe noses) whereas Wizard101 toons do not; everything looks very rigid (and no depth for noses and lips).

My suggestion, if at all possible, would be to include new body/face textures similar to that of Pirate101. It doesn't have to be exactly the same (for technological and money reasons), but something newer would be much appreciated. You could keep the old avatar options too, just incase some people prefer those toons' appearances. Adding these options could be done both at the start of the game during character creation, and in the magic mirror shop.

You don't necessarily have to go as far as allowing us to mix-match eyes, noses, mouths, etc. (although that'd be cool), but something to spice things up would be appreciated. Again, the graphics don't have to be SUPER fantastic, but something better than our current toons would definitely be awesome.

Geographer
Sep 30, 2018
EmptyRiceBowl on Nov 30, 2018 wrote:
So I know that this would be really hard to do, but it's just an idea that I (and probably a lot of other people) have.

Wizard101 character avatars are so old. I know the game synergizes well with "bad graphics" so it can run on almost any computer, but even Pirate101--which I assume is the less popular game--has avatars that look much more like people and less like an assortment of chunky shapes. They have balanced faces and curves (and I believe noses) whereas Wizard101 toons do not; everything looks very rigid (and no depth for noses and lips).

My suggestion, if at all possible, would be to include new body/face textures similar to that of Pirate101. It doesn't have to be exactly the same (for technological and money reasons), but something newer would be much appreciated. You could keep the old avatar options too, just incase some people prefer those toons' appearances. Adding these options could be done both at the start of the game during character creation, and in the magic mirror shop.

You don't necessarily have to go as far as allowing us to mix-match eyes, noses, mouths, etc. (although that'd be cool), but something to spice things up would be appreciated. Again, the graphics don't have to be SUPER fantastic, but something better than our current toons would definitely be awesome.
Not sure if you have been paying attention but it took 10 years for k i to update wizard city lol so think about how long the others would take and there's a lot before Avalon

Delver
Dec 13, 2008
EmptyRiceBowl on Nov 30, 2018 wrote:

the only reason its unpopular right now is that its dead the last major update was over 3 years ago and most likely no getting anything major anytime soon the story is soo much better than wiz but wiz's gameplay is better but yea thats the reason for now

Survivor
Nov 17, 2018
angellifeheart on Dec 1, 2018 wrote:
Not sure if you have been paying attention but it took 10 years for k i to update wizard city lol so think about how long the others would take and there's a lot before Avalon
Yeah I noticed Wizard City. I just wanted to make sure this was addressed.

Survivor
Nov 17, 2018
iouman2013 on Dec 2, 2018 wrote:
the only reason its unpopular right now is that its dead the last major update was over 3 years ago and most likely no getting anything major anytime soon the story is soo much better than wiz but wiz's gameplay is better but yea thats the reason for now

Makes sense