Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Re unlock open chat.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 27, 2011
Can you allow me to have full open chat, I have aged throughout my life and I think being about 15 I should be able to say numbers without having to say tree and what not, please allow me to get full open chat, please

Astrologist
Aug 23, 2016
Looking at your join date and coupled with your mention of now being 15, I am sad to report that KI will not be able to open Open Chat for you.

This is NOT their fault.

This is all part of the COPPA (Children's Online Privacy Protection Act). KI cannot legally store ANY personal information for anyone under the age of 13. They just can't. So from a strict LEGAL standpoint, KI has no way to verify that you are in fact 15 years old. Because of this quirk in the law, your account will be locked in an under 13 mode.

There are two solutions, one realize that your account cannot be updated and accept that fact. And two, create a new account now that you are fifteen and be able to have open chat.

Steven Ghoststalker

Defender
Jul 16, 2014
Or another possibility have you dad or mom create a family account and add yours. Not sure if you are s member or free but a family account is two account and it’s like $13 a month. Once they add your account I believe they will be able to unlock the chat for you. Not sure any other way to do this. Good luck.

Defender
Jun 13, 2009
I understand your pain with filtered chat. I made my wiz account when I was 10 and now ten years later my account is still locked from unlocking open chat. It is absolutely ridiculous even with a technicality that does not allow KI to store personal info on players. There is a way to transfer characters to another account that does in fact have open chat enabled, but you will have to pay sixty dollars to KI support to see it through. If you want more information on that process you will have to contact KI directly.

Mason Greenbane 130

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
DarkWIZard98x on Dec 7, 2018 wrote:
I understand your pain with filtered chat. I made my wiz account when I was 10 and now ten years later my account is still locked from unlocking open chat. It is absolutely ridiculous even with a technicality that does not allow KI to store personal info on players. There is a way to transfer characters to another account that does in fact have open chat enabled, but you will have to pay sixty dollars to KI support to see it through. If you want more information on that process you will have to contact KI directly.

Mason Greenbane 130
Under certain conditions we're allowed to give our wizards or swap wizards with other family members on our family of accounts...but if the purpose is to bypass COPPA regulations KI will not be able to accommodate it.

The conditions to pass your wizards to another family member is that you have linked accounts, both have 1 year membership and neither of you have any sanctions. If the accounts fit the criteria we can message Mr Lincoln via support and ask for this one-off courtesy.

I hope this helps