Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

potent trap tc

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 17, 2013
I have battled monsters throughout Azteca twice and i still can't find potent trap tc. Also you can't buy it anywhere or trade it which makes it even more difficult. can someone help me how to find

Survivor
Nov 18, 2017
Hi there!

There is actually a person in Azteca that gives you 2 potent trap tc on the quest completion, I believe its someone in the Cenote.

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
For the treasure, as you highlighted, the only way to obtain the card is by rewards through quests and/or farming mobs/plants.

I'll enlist a few of these methods for your convenience

Gardening;

Ultra Alligator Pear Trees do drop the card, however, to get the seed, you may first have to plant regular Alligator Pear Seeds. It's one of the longer processes, but the rewards can indeed be fruitful.

Completing the quest Broken Idols in early Azteca yields two of these treasure cards.

Mobs;

Bosses such as Cronus (Tartarus), Gladiator Dimachaerus (Aquila), Fuego Spirit & Malakeen Moondrinker are good sources for the TC. The latter bosses are found in Azteca and are among the easiest to farm.

Good Luck!

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
Scot Cloud on Nov 25, 2018 wrote:
Hi there!

There is actually a person in Azteca that gives you 2 potent trap tc on the quest completion, I believe its someone in the Cenote.
Yes, it's from the quest 'Broken Idols', given by Ixtli Black-Eyed Flower in Cenote. The reward is 2 potent trap TC.

CMKENT01 ~ It's a storyline quest so we can't miss it, but make sure to keep the TC safe for crafting!

Make sure to collect the agave leaves even if you don't need them! The quest doesn't change to crafting the shield until you have done so...if you craft it without doing that step your crafting will be rejected and you'll have to do it again! Lots of us made that mistake!

If you've already passed that point and used the TC you could farm for it (Cronus and Gladiator are common farming locations), use ultra alligator pear trees if you have any (or plant the normal alligator pear trees from the 2 seeds you get at the beginning of Azteca - 'Brief Encounters' given by Xipli Tailbiter in Three Points. Try to get ultra seeds from them then use them for potent trap TC)...or join tournaments (they're a common prize from tournaments).

Good luck...and don't forget to collect the agave leaves!!!!