Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Ignus Has No Spells or Quests

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 04, 2018
Ok I'm level 118 and just finished beating The Rat. I've gone to Ignus several times and all he ever has is crafting that I can't do. All the other teachers have spells to train except Ignus. I did the initial quest in Mirage and got called to Ignus' office but he still doesn't have any quests for me. I haven't received Raging Bull yet and now I'm thinking I won't get the Scorching Blades. Why does this game seem to hate Fire wizards?

Christopher Firemancer 118

Survivor
Aug 04, 2018
Ignus seems to be more broken than I thought. Not only is he not training spells, he's not giving the next crafting quest either. I got the note and talked to him about it but he never gave me the crafting quest afterward. I even went through the entire spiral up to Mirage, where I'm currently at, and did every quest I missed. I even uninstalled Wizard101 and reinstalled it thinking it might be on my end. I even explored Arcanum a bit to see if I was in the wrong place, and I did come across Ignus in a couple of places, but I can't talk to him. I'm starting to feel like I did when I was farming Loremaster for days on end and never getting any of the Fire spells. Still haven't gotten any from Loremaster other than the Loremaster spell from her. I see other Fire wizards casting Raging Bull and wonder if I've done something wrong or missed a quest somewhere. I've checked everywhere I can think of and no luck what so ever. Can't even look up what quests I've done to make sure I didn't miss anything. Please help. I'm so frustrated with this that I'm on the verge of hanging it up and starting over but this is my first character and I've worked really hard on him.

Champion
Feb 06, 2010
Brimstone73 on Nov 9, 2018 wrote:
Ok I'm level 118 and just finished beating The Rat. I've gone to Ignus several times and all he ever has is crafting that I can't do. All the other teachers have spells to train except Ignus. I did the initial quest in Mirage and got called to Ignus' office but he still doesn't have any quests for me. I haven't received Raging Bull yet and now I'm thinking I won't get the Scorching Blades. Why does this game seem to hate Fire wizards?

Christopher Firemancer 118
You have to complete 80% of Mirage before you get the level 118 spell. Once you complete the quest “history of the cabal” you will be notified.

Survivor
Aug 04, 2018
Actually Raging Bull is a level 108 quest and I needed the "Story of the Sky Anchor" quest completed which I did. I also found that I did the quest "The Sun Never Sets On Celestia" that was supposed to be after Raging Bull. So somehow I ended up skipping the Raging Bull quest.

As for the crafting quest, I got the note from the librarian, talked to Ignus about the note, and the conversation just dropped off without giving me the quest.

I honestly don't know what I'm missing. I've completely cleared every world including inane side quests (Photomancy at the Marleybone Museum as an example) up to Polaris and have just finished saving the Qhat from Istamboa on Mirage. I have other wizards asking me why I'm not using Raging Bull and I end up explaining that I never got the quest. I'm starting to have problems soloing now as well because I'm still relying on Meteor and Dragon. I'm currently thinking of quitting all together or starting over with a different wizard but I've worked so hard on my first character that I've just been trudging through and having to team up a lot for bosses in which I get to stand there and look pretty while the others do massive damage.

Survivor
May 08, 2018
wish i could help. I'm in the same boat. a couple level 126's different schools done with mirage have the arcanum understudy badge but the teachers won't give the quests for the level 118 spells. I'm glad its not just me and maybe they will fix it.

Survivor
Mar 06, 2010
Brimstone73 on Nov 10, 2018 wrote:
Ignus seems to be more broken than I thought. Not only is he not training spells, he's not giving the next crafting quest either. I got the note and talked to him about it but he never gave me the crafting quest afterward. I even went through the entire spiral up to Mirage, where I'm currently at, and did every quest I missed. I even uninstalled Wizard101 and reinstalled it thinking it might be on my end. I even explored Arcanum a bit to see if I was in the wrong place, and I did come across Ignus in a couple of places, but I can't talk to him. I'm starting to feel like I did when I was farming Loremaster for days on end and never getting any of the Fire spells. Still haven't gotten any from Loremaster other than the Loremaster spell from her. I see other Fire wizards casting Raging Bull and wonder if I've done something wrong or missed a quest somewhere. I've checked everywhere I can think of and no luck what so ever. Can't even look up what quests I've done to make sure I didn't miss anything. Please help. I'm so frustrated with this that I'm on the verge of hanging it up and starting over but this is my first character and I've worked really hard on him.
He's not giving me the next crafting quest either. Finished crafty note and then after nothing happened. I clicked on quest finder but it said there were no quests.

Survivor
May 08, 2018
I have now gotten the quest on my level 126 life but not my level 126 fire, they both do the exact same quests at the exact same time. But for some reason the fire teacher in the arcanum won't give the quest for the level 118 spell. He was nice enough to notify me after i received the understudy badge, but no quest when i went to see him. My life wizard got his just fine.

Survivor
Jun 15, 2018
m having the same issue I haven't gotten the 108 raging bull card and im a 118 level im in mirage but we still haven't gotten are raging bulls. we understand that the next card is half way threw mirage but some already have there bull. thank you guys

Survivor
May 08, 2018
Contact customer support, they fixed the issue for me.

Survivor
Aug 04, 2018
Yes they triggered the quests for me and I was able to get both Raging Bull and champion crafting but now I'm not getting the quest for Scorching Scimitars. I got the message that Ignus wanted to see me but he didn't have the quest when I got there and I just finished "Trial of the Understudy", also I'm level 126 so it should have been easy to get. Sent in another request to Customer Support to fix this issue now. Hope they are as fast as they were last time.

Administrator
Thanks all! This issue should now be fixed.