Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Why does KI hate life wizards?

AuthorMessage
Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
Pyle1197 on Nov 19, 2018 wrote:
Better question is why oh why do they like storm wizards so much?
Why do you say that?

Geographer
Sep 30, 2018
Victoria FireHeart on Nov 18, 2018 wrote:
My max life DOES solo, she also works with others as a healer when they need it.

My points were relating to adding a healing spell that costs more pips for an inferior heal than spells we've already had for eons. A decent healer doesn't let anyone in their team have such low health as to trigger the double-up effect, nor do they sit on so many pips instead of using them to heal or boost the hit. The spell will likely be used once or twice to see it, then removed from the deck to gather dust.

Hit or heal, life school or any other, we would all like a new spell to be something to aspire to and something to get excited about achieving
Although the raven wood trees were a great theme they aren't new and no one would have expected that to be something to achieving. In the end, we get the bitter end of the stick. Not everyone JADE heals, in fact, am on a critical heal build path that's more efficient than Jading. Am not sure whats inferior rebirth is already decent at 800 heal 400 absorb for 7 pip. Pigsie became the new additional heal. Swan is just outdated and weak. Lemasu animation is too simplified. and now we get a tree that looks like an old lady no offense Miss blossom still love you. but id rather she does damage than healing.

Geographer
Sep 30, 2018
Lukeskywalker1313 on Nov 18, 2018 wrote:
Life does not need an aoe. That leaf storm is already pushing it. Class with 10K health, 60% resist, and infinite heals does not need to be made more op.

Rather fix myth, or fire or death. These classes are the ones that need most help.
I can tell you don't even play life school, for you to say what life needs and don't need, try to play it from scratch to max
you think everyone has a kookabura? you think anyone should depend on pet for spells get outta here mate everyone school needs aoe for farming on their own. especially at max level.

Geographer
Sep 30, 2018
Area51Alien on Nov 19, 2018 wrote:
What does a soloing Life Wizard want?

The ability to hit and heal effectively without need 16 pips and the odd shadow pip.

The ability to multi-task hit and heal (Wings of Fate), hit and trap (Luminous Weaver). But we live with what we have. I've always wondered why the Death School has the ability to Hit and Heal with multiple spells while Life has to wait until we learn shadow magic and then have a fairly weak hit and heal.

Yes, Leafstorm is a nice spell. But, unless I'm wrong the only way to get it is as a pet talent (so one card).

If it's craftable will someone point me in the right direction?

Steven Ghoststalker
A 5 pip Aoe would be much better leaf storm can stay where its at. Gives us life deer Knight like the ones in Avalon hahaha with a base damage of 360+200 overtime

Astrologist
Dec 16, 2009
LOL- I have a whole list of ways they don't like Storm wizards so I'm real curious about this statement.

Geographer
Sep 30, 2018
Eric Stormbringer on Nov 21, 2018 wrote:
LOL- I have a whole list of ways they don't like Storm wizards so I'm real curious about this statement.
I thought fire school was the favorites here? come to think of it fire school is nothing but raw damage and trying to not only compete but out damages storm class? lol

Geographer
Sep 07, 2011
You must be kidding? Storm has been hosed badly over the past couple years.

Defender
Jul 16, 2014
This game is geared toward storms and the only ones who say it is not are the ones that have a storm. Ya maybe at first its a little hard accuracy wise (like that is hard to fix), but by the time they get Tempest its easy peasy all the way. A storm can have all of the following and without sacrificing much if anything:

Critical
Power Pip chance
Shadow PIP chance
Damage
Resists
&
Accuracy

Then lets not forget about all the drops from bosses that are for storm.
If you are any other class you have to suffer in one or more of the above mentioned categories in order to gain in another, yet I have seen storms excel in all the above. Why do you think you see so many storm classes compared to all the others. Anyone playing this game for quite a while and wants to be truthful knows this is true.

Geographer
Sep 30, 2018
Pyle1197 on Nov 24, 2018 wrote:
This game is geared toward storms and the only ones who say it is not are the ones that have a storm. Ya maybe at first its a little hard accuracy wise (like that is hard to fix), but by the time they get Tempest its easy peasy all the way. A storm can have all of the following and without sacrificing much if anything:

Critical
Power Pip chance
Shadow PIP chance
Damage
Resists
&
Accuracy

If you are any other class you have to suffer in one or more of the above mentioned categories in order to gain in another, yet I have seen storms excel in all the above. Why do you think you see so many storm classes compared to all the others. Anyone playing this game for quite a while and wants to be truthful knows this is true.
I think your either mistaken or confusing your self everyschool at level 100+ gets stats with resit over 40% without pets 100% damage full accuarcy and pip. if you dont have that your not farming. Fire outdamge storm with FFA base damage of 1300 max enchanted 1600 now x that by 100% damage you now have 3200 damage flat lets not even get into critical or pierce or even blade. while storm is stuck with a glow bug 1120 base 1420 enchanted 100%-125% or even more depending on how high they want to go. and am seeing now fire is able to surpass the 120% damage base while still keeping an average 50% resist with 35+ pierce

Explorer
Jan 03, 2014
I don't get it, I own a 101 level life wizard and she hits fiercely. With only 3 blades the destroys Loremaster WITHOUT critical and with both plagues. If you aren't getting this damage then you need to rework something. If I add my balance to life and Spiritblade her, her Forest Lord spell crushes everything I have come across. I expect when they reach the halfway point of Khrysalis I'll have to start using feints, but I am quite fed up with the propagation of misinformation that life has bad damage.

By my calculation life is the third best damaging school. Hand's down.

Explorer
Jan 03, 2014

Critical
Power Pip chance
Shadow PIP chance
Damage
Resists
&
Accuracy

Proof of pudding: the storm insignia on the hatchery floor. It's all about storm. Always has been. Always will be.

Astrologist
Aug 23, 2016
ghowriter on Nov 25, 2018 wrote:
I don't get it, I own a 101 level life wizard and she hits fiercely. With only 3 blades the destroys Loremaster WITHOUT critical and with both plagues. If you aren't getting this damage then you need to rework something. If I add my balance to life and Spiritblade her, her Forest Lord spell crushes everything I have come across. I expect when they reach the halfway point of Khrysalis I'll have to start using feints, but I am quite fed up with the propagation of misinformation that life has bad damage.

By my calculation life is the third best damaging school. Hand's down.
It's not that Life has bad damage.

It's the fact that when soloing we cannot hit and heal. It takes forever for a Life wizard to build to the point of that hit.

And then we have to make the choice, of heal or hit, because Life is not blessed with an overabundance of health.

Life as a support in questing party? We can normally keep everyone hale and healthy.

Life soloing? It takes me twice as long to defeat any given mob or boss.

S Gs

Astrologist
Dec 16, 2009

Critical
Power Pip chance
Shadow PIP chance
Damage
Resists
&
Accuracy

Lo and behold every school can have all those things as well and with a 1.5k+ health advantage.

Boss drops are for every school not just Storm what are you talking about?

Take a look at the pvp leaderboards and see which school had the least number of wizards there despite being one if the most popular schools. Hint: It's storm.

Astrologist
Dec 16, 2009
ghowriter on Nov 25, 2018 wrote:
Proof of pudding: the storm insignia on the hatchery floor. It's all about storm. Always has been. Always will be.
LOL, the storm insignia on the hatchery floor means its all about Storm? That's actually hilarious.

Survivor
Jul 14, 2013
Back to the original topic, the life scion spell needs to be a damage spell rather than a heal. The highest single hit, non-shadow spell life has is gnomes, and it needs something stronger by this point. It could even keep the healing over time as an after effect (with an initial heal, we don't want another wings of fate here). If not, it could just be a straight damage spell. Life has plenty of heals, even aoe heals, and a scion heal will just waste pips and overheal (without the actual overheal), especially if it doubles. But if the scion is a damage spell, then life can be a useful boss killer. The trigger could be...I don't know...maybe if sanctuary was active, or maybe if you have more than 2 or 3 heal charms.

Geographer
Sep 30, 2018
Happy Fun Ball on Nov 26, 2018 wrote:
Back to the original topic, the life scion spell needs to be a damage spell rather than a heal. The highest single hit, non-shadow spell life has is gnomes, and it needs something stronger by this point. It could even keep the healing over time as an after effect (with an initial heal, we don't want another wings of fate here). If not, it could just be a straight damage spell. Life has plenty of heals, even aoe heals, and a scion heal will just waste pips and overheal (without the actual overheal), especially if it doubles. But if the scion is a damage spell, then life can be a useful boss killer. The trigger could be...I don't know...maybe if sanctuary was active, or maybe if you have more than 2 or 3 heal charms.
Am still voting to buff WOF to 700 base damage AOE. scion of life as I do agree needs to be a single damage.

Delver
Dec 08, 2016
I may be the only one who thinks this, but I do feel as though KI is rather more in favor of the Elemental schools and the Balance school than the Spirit schools, which is what we are seeing in PvP.

Astrologist
Dec 16, 2009
deathsummoner4 on Nov 27, 2018 wrote:
I may be the only one who thinks this, but I do feel as though KI is rather more in favor of the Elemental schools and the Balance school than the Spirit schools, which is what we are seeing in PvP.
Definitely true in general. Fire, Ice and Balance have been top tier for a long time. Storm was low tier for a majority of pvp amd only recently made it to mid tier and only this update has finally pushed to upper mid tier.

Life has been pretty solid in mid and upper mid tier with one massively top tier strategy (Angel Strategy)

Myth was with Storm in low tier and recently moved to upper mid tier as well

Death has been a low tier school although with recent updates i'd push it to low mid tier. It did have one massively top tier strategy in jade juju but thats n/a anymore.