Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Why does KI hate life wizards?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 03, 2011
After suffering abuse after abuse, the new life spell (Scion of Life) adds insult to injury! Why does KI hate life wizards? What did we do wrong? Are there any benefits at all to being a life wizard? We don't have the highest health (like you would think), we have no damage, no critical rating, no good spells, and on top of it all they give us a 12 pip healing spell that barely does any better than a 4 pip satyr? Life wizards, revolt!

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
Paige Lifeblood on Nov 7, 2018 wrote:
After suffering abuse after abuse, the new life spell (Scion of Life) adds insult to injury! Why does KI hate life wizards? What did we do wrong? Are there any benefits at all to being a life wizard? We don't have the highest health (like you would think), we have no damage, no critical rating, no good spells, and on top of it all they give us a 12 pip healing spell that barely does any better than a 4 pip satyr? Life wizards, revolt!
Did KI forget that dryad exists...and TC heals are boosted?

Base heals for 6 pip dryads: trained = 1200; TC = 1350; Flowering = 1440.

Why would anyone wait for 12 pips for a heal that gives 1315 base heal? If it doubles it's still less than a TC dryad and you don't need to be close to death or only able to cast it at 12 pips.

Surely this should be a multi-heal at least?

Astrologist
Aug 23, 2016
I'm not going to rehash my incites into why the Scion of Life spell is not worth the 11-pip cost. (Three or four rather extensive comparisons to healing amount vs. pip cost and SoL comes up VERY short.)

Suffice it to say that when Wizards was first coded the entire idea of the game was cooperation, it's why the battle circle has four spots for wizards. Each of the schools was meant to fight along with at least one other school. It's why Ice and Storm have HIGH damage and relatively low health.

Life has Higher Health and low fizzle We can heal like no one's business but we can't hit worth spit.

When I go questing with my regular partner or my kids, I heal. I keep the party alive. We do great and haven't had dungeon or boss fight that's kept us down for long.

When I solo, it takes me FOREVER. Because aside from Wings of Fate (which a lot of Theurgists disdain) I cannot hate and heal at the same time. I have to hit, then save enough pips to heal, and then the whole thing lather, rinse repeat until the adversaries are dead.

Does KI hate Theurgists? No. At least I don't think the development team sits around a big table planning on who to make life miserable for Melinda Wu's students.

What has happened is that KI has failed to allow for the fact that 10 years later more players are soloing than running around and jumping into into battles with three unknown wizards.

Just my two cents

Steven Ghoststalker

Explorer
Nov 21, 2011
Life seems to be going through the same neglect phase that Myth went through before Darkmoor happened. Considering my first wizard was on the UK server and they were Myth, i can safely say i know the pain of neglect.

Caterpillar is basically just a poor man's Weaver, replacing the massive tower with an absorb. Probably the weakest 100 spell imo.

Wings of Fate is just painful. Costs way too much for only a 525 heal. Granted you're getting damage out of it as well, but the fact that both heal and damage are overtime makes it feel significantly weaker.

Lamassu i can let slide. It's just your standard issue divide spell. Tied for weakest with Ice, but Life isn't exactly made for damaging things.

Scion of Life as a heal is almost inferior to a Dryad: 11 pip Dryad gives 2200, vs Scion of Life giving 1400 (although 300 of that is an overtime to the whole team). It's in theory superior to a Dryad if you execute the double (2800), but you'd be better off just spamming Pigsie or Rebirth if you need to clutch a heal.

And then there's the fact Life have been screaming for a trainable low-pip all hit for years, and they still haven't got one!

My heart bleeds for all the Theurgists out there who are currently going through a neglect phase, much like how Conjurers did before them.

Survivor
May 08, 2016
Area51Alien on Nov 8, 2018 wrote:
I'm not going to rehash my incites into why the Scion of Life spell is not worth the 11-pip cost. (Three or four rather extensive comparisons to healing amount vs. pip cost and SoL comes up VERY short.)

Suffice it to say that when Wizards was first coded the entire idea of the game was cooperation, it's why the battle circle has four spots for wizards. Each of the schools was meant to fight along with at least one other school. It's why Ice and Storm have HIGH damage and relatively low health.

Life has Higher Health and low fizzle We can heal like no one's business but we can't hit worth spit.

When I go questing with my regular partner or my kids, I heal. I keep the party alive. We do great and haven't had dungeon or boss fight that's kept us down for long.

When I solo, it takes me FOREVER. Because aside from Wings of Fate (which a lot of Theurgists disdain) I cannot hate and heal at the same time. I have to hit, then save enough pips to heal, and then the whole thing lather, rinse repeat until the adversaries are dead.

Does KI hate Theurgists? No. At least I don't think the development team sits around a big table planning on who to make life miserable for Melinda Wu's students.

What has happened is that KI has failed to allow for the fact that 10 years later more players are soloing than running around and jumping into into battles with three unknown wizards.

Just my two cents

Steven Ghoststalker
Well the part about Ice having high damage and low health. Ice has the highest health in the game, but mediocre hits. Just want to clear things up for you.

Delver
Mar 10, 2015
It’s the issue kingisle has been plagued for past few years. Certain classes were originally introduced with a vision
Of unique purpose. But as time went on kingisle lacked the technical knowledge to keep with player demands.

As mentioned myth and minions were a thing, but since critical is a thing kingisle lack of inovation failed the class. They need to make them more op

Life and death happen to fall into same boat. Life being a healer is still conflicted because of how op the gear of life is. And life doing more then fire and storm in some cases has kingisle hands tied.

Same with death- as it was chosen to be a EVIL school. With the turn to make the game even more childish it’s hard to make death look good without turning to the dark side and making gory spells.

—> which is why people over aeons at this point before the problem existed told kingisle to create power limits on specific stats. Based on lore, and class purpose. That would allow kingisle more air to make unique and “OP” spells without them breaking game.

—> kingisle now are realizing the problem and are moving to combo based combat incentives again. Later is better then never I suppose. This realization should have happened in 2014.

Once again we ask kingisle to level gate stats. And make combat about smartness not about clicking blades ad hitting.

... Sion of life is horrible spell but it’s a necessary evil for kingisle to grow. Now they got more experiance in matter. Next update spells should be way better

Astrologist
Aug 23, 2016
Marvelous Madem on Nov 11, 2018 wrote:
Well the part about Ice having high damage and low health. Ice has the highest health in the game, but mediocre hits. Just want to clear things up for you.
My mistake.

To date, I have only played my Life wizard into Empyrea and gotten my Death Wizard nearly done with Wizard City.

I goofed.

Steven Ghoststalker 126
Christopher Ghoststalker 12

Mastermind
Mar 19, 2011
As best I can tell the Scion spells are all silly--at least for PvP. Slightly useful for PvE. I am OK with that.

As far as KI hating Life Wizards...Life is a formidable PvP school, with the weavers and caterpillars.

Geographer
Sep 07, 2011
"death- as it was chosen to be a EVIL school" -- Absolutely false. Several of the story villains are death wizards, but the class is not evil. This has been stated more than once.

Life is fantastic class in general, so I don't believe that KI hates it, but agree the rank 12 spell is lackluster. None of the scion spells are very practical, so it isn't just a one school problem.

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
Gemma Luna on Nov 14, 2018 wrote:
"death- as it was chosen to be a EVIL school" -- Absolutely false. Several of the story villains are death wizards, but the class is not evil. This has been stated more than once.

Life is fantastic class in general, so I don't believe that KI hates it, but agree the rank 12 spell is lackluster. None of the scion spells are very practical, so it isn't just a one school problem.
Maybe 'evil' could have been more aptly replaced with 'morbid'?

When I was making my first wizard Merle advised me to be a death wizard...I chose life because death sounded too morbid. I momentarily knew how Harry Potter felt when the Sorting Hat suggested Slytherin

Now I have a few wizards I have to admit that I love my death wizard! I enjoy the morbidity of steals - there is something ghoulish about attacking an enemy and absorbing their health! Then there are the spells that harm the caster for a benefit, that's pretty malignant! There is definitely something sinister and macabre in death spells

Obviously a death wizard isn't automatically 'evil' but the school plays with a vampiristic, almost cannibalistic, toeing of the line between that which is wholesome and a darkness that is not. The sacrificial essence of the Death class is significant though - a death wizard will not hesitate to injure themselves to save you and the Spiral! It opens up the age-old questions of when is it acceptable to do the unacceptable and at what point does the unacceptable become so normal the lines blur too far to recognise the difference?

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
Victoria FireHeart on Nov 16, 2018 wrote:
Maybe 'evil' could have been more aptly replaced with 'morbid'?

When I was making my first wizard Merle advised me to be a death wizard...I chose life because death sounded too morbid. I momentarily knew how Harry Potter felt when the Sorting Hat suggested Slytherin

Now I have a few wizards I have to admit that I love my death wizard! I enjoy the morbidity of steals - there is something ghoulish about attacking an enemy and absorbing their health! Then there are the spells that harm the caster for a benefit, that's pretty malignant! There is definitely something sinister and macabre in death spells

Obviously a death wizard isn't automatically 'evil' but the school plays with a vampiristic, almost cannibalistic, toeing of the line between that which is wholesome and a darkness that is not. The sacrificial essence of the Death class is significant though - a death wizard will not hesitate to injure themselves to save you and the Spiral! It opens up the age-old questions of when is it acceptable to do the unacceptable and at what point does the unacceptable become so normal the lines blur too far to recognise the difference?
"When I was making my first wizard Merle advised me to be a Death wizard...I choose life_____. I momentarily knew how Harry Potter felt when the Sorted Hat suggest Slytherin". Like Dumbledore once said: "It takes a true Gryffindor (wizard) to pull that out of the hat". . Sorry, I couldn't hold it back. .

Astrologist
Aug 23, 2016
Patrick Ravenbane on Nov 16, 2018 wrote:
"When I was making my first wizard Merle advised me to be a Death wizard...I choose life_____. I momentarily knew how Harry Potter felt when the Sorted Hat suggest Slytherin". Like Dumbledore once said: "It takes a true Gryffindor (wizard) to pull that out of the hat". . Sorry, I couldn't hold it back. .
And what I always picture when I hear that scene.

Bullwinkle J. Moose: "Hey, Rocky, watch me pull a rabbit out of my hat"

Rocket T. Squirrel: "Again?"

Bullwinkle: "Nothing up my sleeve, Presto" *Produces the sword of Gryfindor*

Bullwinkle: "No doubt about. I gotta get a new hat."

Geographer
Sep 30, 2018
Liam Swiftwalker on Nov 12, 2018 wrote:
As best I can tell the Scion spells are all silly--at least for PvP. Slightly useful for PvE. I am OK with that.

As far as KI hating Life Wizards...Life is a formidable PvP school, with the weavers and caterpillars.
As with any other school with their main hits and side spells yah Nice try. but to say life is a formidable pvp school undermines the fact that what happens in pvp should not affect pve players vise versa.

Geographer
Sep 30, 2018
Victoria FireHeart on Nov 8, 2018 wrote:
Did KI forget that dryad exists...and TC heals are boosted?

Base heals for 6 pip dryads: trained = 1200; TC = 1350; Flowering = 1440.

Why would anyone wait for 12 pips for a heal that gives 1315 base heal? If it doubles it's still less than a TC dryad and you don't need to be close to death or only able to cast it at 12 pips.

Surely this should be a multi-heal at least?
No, they forgot that fact that at max level anyone should be able to solo if they chose it and life already has too many heals enough to sustain us we need DAMAGE! hehe
angellifeheart100

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
angellifeheart on Nov 17, 2018 wrote:
No, they forgot that fact that at max level anyone should be able to solo if they chose it and life already has too many heals enough to sustain us we need DAMAGE! hehe
angellifeheart100
My max life DOES solo, she also works with others as a healer when they need it.

My points were relating to adding a healing spell that costs more pips for an inferior heal than spells we've already had for eons. A decent healer doesn't let anyone in their team have such low health as to trigger the double-up effect, nor do they sit on so many pips instead of using them to heal or boost the hit. The spell will likely be used once or twice to see it, then removed from the deck to gather dust.

Hit or heal, life school or any other, we would all like a new spell to be something to aspire to and something to get excited about achieving

Astrologist
Aug 23, 2016
angellifeheart on Nov 17, 2018 wrote:
angellifeheart100
KI knows this. Watch the Life adversaries in the higher worlds the next time. They have so many damage options not available to us Wizards.

Life Colossus, Life Helephant, Life Banshee, Life Minotaur

When the mobs need re-skinned spells from other schools just to be able to be a threat, you know someone has realized that Life is in dire need of attack options.

S Gs

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
Area51Alien on Nov 17, 2018 wrote:
And what I always picture when I hear that scene.

Bullwinkle J. Moose: "Hey, Rocky, watch me pull a rabbit out of my hat"

Rocket T. Squirrel: "Again?"

Bullwinkle: "Nothing up my sleeve, Presto" *Produces the sword of Gryfindor*

Bullwinkle: "No doubt about. I gotta get a new hat."

Delver
Mar 10, 2015
Life does not need an aoe. That leaf storm is already pushing it. Class with 10K health, 60% resist, and infinite heals does not need to be made more op.

Rather fix myth, or fire or death. These classes are the ones that need most help.

Astrologist
Sep 19, 2013
Lukeskywalker1313 on Nov 18, 2018 wrote:
Life does not need an aoe. That leaf storm is already pushing it. Class with 10K health, 60% resist, and infinite heals does not need to be made more op.

Rather fix myth, or fire or death. These classes are the ones that need most help.
So do you just hate people who quest on their Life wizards or something? As a Death wizard, questing took a while before I got Scarecrow. Now I have Khrulhu and Deer Knight, which are soooo much better.

I don't think I've ever seen a life wizard with that much HP and resist while still maintaining any sort of offensive potential. I have no sympathy for jades in the arena, but I doubt an AOE is what they want anyway.

Defender
May 23, 2009

Depends how you play. As myth main though hopefully we conjurers can learn one of the most annoying spells in the game, myth imp.

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014

How do you figure life wizards are already op? I saw many of them at max level. Not once did I see one with 10k heath and 60% resist. If there is, how did that wizard get it and from what gear? The most health I've seen with updated gear on life is around 8.5k for level 130. Life school was designed the way it's mean to be. However a lower pip AOE such as Leafstorm for life wizards under lever 58 is a popular request for a better survival rating . I suggest a craftable one. How is all that op. From what I read in your post, it sounds like you hate Life wizards.

Astrologist
Aug 23, 2016
Robobot1747 on Nov 19, 2018 wrote:
So do you just hate people who quest on their Life wizards or something? As a Death wizard, questing took a while before I got Scarecrow. Now I have Khrulhu and Deer Knight, which are soooo much better.

I don't think I've ever seen a life wizard with that much HP and resist while still maintaining any sort of offensive potential. I have no sympathy for jades in the arena, but I doubt an AOE is what they want anyway.
What does a soloing Life Wizard want?

The ability to hit and heal effectively without need 16 pips and the odd shadow pip.

The ability to multi-task hit and heal (Wings of Fate), hit and trap (Luminous Weaver). But we live with what we have. I've always wondered why the Death School has the ability to Hit and Heal with multiple spells while Life has to wait until we learn shadow magic and then have a fairly weak hit and heal.

Yes, Leafstorm is a nice spell. But, unless I'm wrong the only way to get it is as a pet talent (so one card).

If it's craftable will someone point me in the right direction?

Steven Ghoststalker

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
Area51Alien on Nov 19, 2018 wrote:
What does a soloing Life Wizard want?

The ability to hit and heal effectively without need 16 pips and the odd shadow pip.

The ability to multi-task hit and heal (Wings of Fate), hit and trap (Luminous Weaver). But we live with what we have. I've always wondered why the Death School has the ability to Hit and Heal with multiple spells while Life has to wait until we learn shadow magic and then have a fairly weak hit and heal.

Yes, Leafstorm is a nice spell. But, unless I'm wrong the only way to get it is as a pet talent (so one card).

If it's craftable will someone point me in the right direction?

Steven Ghoststalker
Leafstorm is not craftable yet but when and if it does, I'll let you know and where to get the recipe from.

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014

At risk of pushing this into hit v heal when the topic was a high pip heal that is less useful than low pip heals we already have....how would 10k health, 60% resist and infinite heals help gold farm efficiently, or farm mobs for jewels at a reasonable rate? My wizard might be incapable of dying, but taking a life wizard farming puts us irl danger of dying of boredom or old age before we get the drops we're after

I'm not sure having one pet type (kookaburra) with one non-enchantable multi-hit (4 pips for 345-405 aoe) is particularly helpful, much less a solution. I guess if it fails to kill we're supposed to gather pips to reshuffle or better still, a level 130 life wizard could call on a level 30 storm wizard to kill faster for us!

Everyone asking for a low pip life multi hit can see there is something wrong with a level 130 only having a non-enchantable multi hit for 345-405 when a level 30 storm wizard can use a monstrous temp first round giving base damage of 495 each! This issue is so old it makes me feel like a young 'un

Defender
Jul 16, 2014
Better question is why oh why do they like storm wizards so much?