Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Mt. Olympus and Farming

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 08, 2016
So in 1 day alone, I have completed Mt. Olympus 48 times. I know this because I put all my Hasta's in my house before farming and I counted when I was done. I did not get a piece of Zeus gear. Prior to the farming session, I had the level 10 spooky carnival bundle, senators robe, and zeus boots. I come out with only on upgrade, the senators hat. The drop rate HAS to increase, because at this point it is ridicules.

Defender
Mar 12, 2018
Marvelous Madem on Oct 23, 2018 wrote:
So in 1 day alone, I have completed Mt. Olympus 48 times. I know this because I put all my Hasta's in my house before farming and I counted when I was done. I did not get a piece of Zeus gear. Prior to the farming session, I had the level 10 spooky carnival bundle, senators robe, and zeus boots. I come out with only on upgrade, the senators hat. The drop rate HAS to increase, because at this point it is ridicules.
Greetings Marvelous,

I understand your frustration. There are several things you can do to increase your chances of getting a good drop when you are farming for gear. First off, you want to do your best to not have to flee and rejoin the battle. If this means healing or shielding yourself to stay alive then do that. The next important factor is casting each round, do your best to cast something each round and never just pass. Finally, it is important to be as useful to the team as possible.

If you have a spell that can help the team kill faster, use it. The faster you end the battle together the better all of your drops will be. It's all about teamwork, and it really does make a big difference to the drops you will get. These same principals apply all throughout the game in my experience.

I hope this helps some, and good luck getting that drop next time.

Cheers
Nathan!

Survivor
May 08, 2016
Nathan Darkhorn on Oct 25, 2018 wrote:
Greetings Marvelous,

I understand your frustration. There are several things you can do to increase your chances of getting a good drop when you are farming for gear. First off, you want to do your best to not have to flee and rejoin the battle. If this means healing or shielding yourself to stay alive then do that. The next important factor is casting each round, do your best to cast something each round and never just pass. Finally, it is important to be as useful to the team as possible.

If you have a spell that can help the team kill faster, use it. The faster you end the battle together the better all of your drops will be. It's all about teamwork, and it really does make a big difference to the drops you will get. These same principals apply all throughout the game in my experience.

Cheers
Nathan!

For all of the runs, I was the main hitter using a buffed up sun serpent that came with my pet. Every round, I was either blading, trapping, or using an aura so I was active each round. Also no one died the entire time we played as we made sure we had potions and never let ourselves go into battle with less than 50% health.

Defender
Mar 12, 2018
Marvelous Madem on Oct 26, 2018 wrote:
For all of the runs, I was the main hitter using a buffed up sun serpent that came with my pet. Every round, I was either blading, trapping, or using an aura so I was active each round. Also no one died the entire time we played as we made sure we had potions and never let ourselves go into battle with less than 50% health.
I have also experienced that sort of luck, which is unfortunately what it is. All the things I mentioned before can and do help your chances, another thing that has worked is trying a less crowded realm with a team of friends. However, in the end luck will always be a factor in this sort of game. Both in PvE and PvP. To me, that is part of the fun of the game so I just keep farming until it drops without counting.

Best of luck,
Nathan Darkhorn

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
Nathan Darkhorn on Oct 25, 2018 wrote:
Greetings Marvelous,

Cheers
Nathan!

None of this is correct, it's all superstition! It's been confirmed repeatedly by KI that drop rates are NOT affected by what you do in the battle. Everyone who was there for the kill and end of battle will get an equal chance at all the drops.

Passing does NOT lower your drop chance.
Killing faster does NOT increase your drop chance.
Hitting or healing or shielding or any of the spells you use or don't use does NOT affect your drop chance.
Fleeing BEFORE the enemy is defeated does NOT affect your drop chance.

The ONLY thing that can affect your drops is if an enemy is defeated, then you flee and return for the end of the battle. The game does not keep record of the kill before you fled so you will not get drops from that enemy when the battle ends...just as someone joining after you've defeated some enemies won't get credit for the ones you defeated before they joined.

Drop rates and the loot on the drop table are determined by RNG (Random Number Generator) and everyone present for the kill and end of battle gets a random roll of the loot with equal chance of the drops as everyone else who was present.

I can do an entire battle and invite another wizard into the circle for the kill round, they can do nothing at all, but we both get equal chance on the loot roll. Equally...having more people in the battle doesn't lower my chance at great loot so I lose nothing by inviting someone else to also get some loot from my work...it just means my effort was worth drops for me AND drops for them!