Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

List of Possible Improvements to Classic Mode

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 26, 2012
Classic Mode has been in the game for a while now, but there are still a handful of odd oversights/bugs that have been left in, or things that should sound/look different between modes but don't for whatever reason. The following is a list of all of the ones I've found or suggested changes for the mode that would make the option a bit more in tune with Wizard101 as it was.

Possible Bugs
  • Combat music in Unicorn Way uses the new version regardless of mode.
  • Introductory music/menu screen uses new version regardless of mode.
  • NPC character models use latest textures across both modes.
  • Grass near gazebo in Unicorn Way has incorrect collision in Classic Mode.
  • Bernie the Fire Tree's eyebrows are an untextured green in Classic Mode.
  • Grass tufts in Wizard City added in with graphics update carry over to Class Mode, and are discolored in contrast to the regular grass texture.
  • Combat circle uses updated texture regardless of mode.

Suggestions

• Classic Mode should re-enable original gameplay SFX, E.G completing a quest, collecting a reagent, etc.
  • Classic Mode should re-enable original menu SFX, E.G closing a menu, etc.
  • Classic Mode should use older character models (if it isn't a bug).
  • Classic Mode should use original music in opening sequence/menu screen. (if it isn't a bug)
  • Classic Mode should use original menu models/textures. (if it isn't a bug)

Those are just some of the things I've notice and feel like need changing to make Classic Mode better. Feedback is welcome.

Champion
Feb 06, 2010
The BullTerrier on Oct 22, 2018 wrote:
Classic Mode has been in the game for a while now, but there are still a handful of odd oversights/bugs that have been left in, or things that should sound/look different between modes but don't for whatever reason. The following is a list of all of the ones I've found or suggested changes for the mode that would make the option a bit more in tune with Wizard101 as it was.

Possible Bugs
  • Combat music in Unicorn Way uses the new version regardless of mode.
  • Introductory music/menu screen uses new version regardless of mode.
  • NPC character models use latest textures across both modes.
  • Grass near gazebo in Unicorn Way has incorrect collision in Classic Mode.
  • Bernie the Fire Tree's eyebrows are an untextured green in Classic Mode.
  • Grass tufts in Wizard City added in with graphics update carry over to Class Mode, and are discolored in contrast to the regular grass texture.
  • Combat circle uses updated texture regardless of mode.

Suggestions

• Classic Mode should re-enable original gameplay SFX, E.G completing a quest, collecting a reagent, etc.
  • Classic Mode should re-enable original menu SFX, E.G closing a menu, etc.
  • Classic Mode should use older character models (if it isn't a bug).
  • Classic Mode should use original music in opening sequence/menu screen. (if it isn't a bug)
  • Classic Mode should use original menu models/textures. (if it isn't a bug)

Those are just some of the things I've notice and feel like need changing to make Classic Mode better. Feedback is welcome.
I feel like that is as good as it’s going to get.

It’s kind of like an old computer system for example, if your Windows 98 computer breaks down, windows will no longer support it. Windows will only continue upgrading and fix Windows 10.

My point is, from now on if there are any changes to Wizard City, it will only be for the revamped version rather than classic. Of course I could be wrong, but I don’t know why they would go back and forth to their old and new software. If they implement the old NPC’s style they would have to give them their new moving animation. As for the music in Unicorn Way, that is probably a bug they could fix if they are feeling generous. I hope this made sense.

Survivor
May 26, 2012
Blaze03554 on Oct 29, 2018 wrote:
I feel like that is as good as it’s going to get.

It’s kind of like an old computer system for example, if your Windows 98 computer breaks down, windows will no longer support it. Windows will only continue upgrading and fix Windows 10.

My point is, from now on if there are any changes to Wizard City, it will only be for the revamped version rather than classic. Of course I could be wrong, but I don’t know why they would go back and forth to their old and new software. If they implement the old NPC’s style they would have to give them their new moving animation. As for the music in Unicorn Way, that is probably a bug they could fix if they are feeling generous. I hope this made sense.

I suppose you could be right, but the thing is is that these features already existed in the old version of the game. If you go back to Windows 98, it would still be Windows 98, exactly like it was all those years ago. Classic Mode isn't much more than a toggle that tells the game how to load things either, like any other graphical setting, so I don't see why they couldn't dig up the old assets and tell the game to use them.