Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Gender change

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 09, 2018
Dear wizard101,

Happy 10th birthday, but where is the gender change option?
Why can't you change to guy/girl like in so many other games?

I don't know if it's hard to make but you would make so many people happy.
I see more and more people talking about it and I think it's a nice thing to do, together with the graphics update

Much love,
A wizard

Defender
Nov 14, 2015
Dalientje on Oct 16, 2018 wrote:
Dear wizard101,

Happy 10th birthday, but where is the gender change option?
Why can't you change to guy/girl like in so many other games?

I don't know if it's hard to make but you would make so many people happy.
I see more and more people talking about it and I think it's a nice thing to do, together with the graphics update

Much love,
A wizard
Gender change for only 10,000 crowns lololol

Survivor
Mar 10, 2015
I love this idea! I'd personally change all my characters to boys if that meant I could start with a new name on this game and leave the awful people who've harassed me behind!

However, a reason they may not have implemented this is because there are very few names that are the same on a girl than a boy. For example, Fiona wishes to become Alric. This would involve changing the characters gender as well as their name. Therefore, as good as an idea as this is, it may be hard and a lot of work for KI to implement. You also run into the problem with leaderboards and your friends not knowing who you were previously.

Despite the cons above, I wholeheatedly believe this is DEFINITELY worth looking into!

Delver
Jul 17, 2009
If they can figure out how to to allow us to change our names, I'm sure that this will eventually follow. As it is now, I would use the level 50 potion if you are high enough on another wizard and at least start in Celestia instead of Wizard City and just create the new wizard.