Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Co-op questing system

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 20, 2018
I love to quest and make my characters higher level and zoom throughout the different worlds however some schools struggle to quest because of lack of spells to hit all or weak damage etc. I would love a Co-op questing system. My idea is this the way everyone gets a dungeon quest and it completes for all if only one does it I feel like if you and your friend are on the same quest you should have a option to join questing group and main quests are suddenly done if your friends completes them or you do etc. It would make questing faster more fun. It would encourage more people to promote walkthroughs and it would prevent the "Oh I didn't get the quest" "Oh I don't know what to do" and " Tell me when your done".

Defender
Mar 12, 2018
AlexBal112 on Oct 7, 2018 wrote:
I love to quest and make my characters higher level and zoom throughout the different worlds however some schools struggle to quest because of lack of spells to hit all or weak damage etc. I would love a Co-op questing system. My idea is this the way everyone gets a dungeon quest and it completes for all if only one does it I feel like if you and your friend are on the same quest you should have a option to join questing group and main quests are suddenly done if your friends completes them or you do etc. It would make questing faster more fun. It would encourage more people to promote walkthroughs and it would prevent the "Oh I didn't get the quest" "Oh I don't know what to do" and " Tell me when your done".
Greetings and Salutations AlexBal112!

I think that's a cool idea Alex, but I wouldn't like it much. I like to do the quests and follow the story and if it was just done there would be big holes in the story line where my friends did it while I was away. The way things are set up now, the schools are built to complement each other. When you are questing on a support school you do your best to team up with an attack school. Together you can achieve so much more! This is also why KI gave us the team up system. If you team up, you can get a full team to help you, which makes things even faster. Often times those wizards are on the same quest as you, so now you can finish the world much faster. Its all about making friends and working together. :)

Cheers,
Nathan

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
I agree with Nathan.

There would also be some wizards choosing to be quested up without ever doing anything just because they want to have max level wizards...but then when they join a team to do a dungeon they don't actually know how to deal with it or be part of the team. I've seen it happen when people have got a sibling to do their questing for them...it's a nightmare being in a high level dungeon with team mates who don't even understand what their own spells do!

If you're looking to get your wizards levelled a bit faster there is the level 50 elixir for those who have done the quests at least once before. It's expensive and there is still a lot of levels after that point, but it does come on offer quite frequently and instantly magics a wizard through everything up to the end of Dragonspyre!

Survivor
Apr 26, 2015
I love the idea of the Co-op feature but there is just a few too many holes in your main Idea. If I were to log off and my friends were questing for me I would be able to take advantage of their work instead of my own. I don't see the point of getting rewarded for not lugging your own weight.

I'd say you have a 5 minute cool down after logging out until that feature is disabled.

OR! If you were questing with someone lets say level 125 you often find them not quite knowing 100% of the quest line you're doing. So if you were to change the Co-op system to you can send a request to someone a higher level than you to assist you on your current quest / quest line. Once either of them log out then it's cancelled.

Those was my idea's, Feel free to call me out for any potential issues in my system.