Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Expanding The Auctionable Items in W101!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 01, 2013
The Wizard City Bazaar is one of my favorite shopping hubs in the entire spiral because it offers players the chance to get rid of the stuff they don't need / don't want from packs & questing.

This in return helps players get better gear, reagents, treasure cards, and seeds they can use to update their wizard before / during their independent game play.

But unfortunately there's a lot of items still unavailable for auction that players would be more than willing to sell to the Bazaar so other players could use them instead. This is why I believe it's high time for the Wizard City Bazaar to get updated.

Housing items that don't drop anything or perform unique functions should become auctionable so there's a wider variety of items players can decorate their castles with. This includes items that can only be found in packs & in dungeons / skeleton key rooms as well.

Reagents across the board should be available for auction in the Bazaar so crafting doesn't have to feel hopeless when you have terrible luck with drops, pack openings, silver chests, fishing chests, and farming. While some of these reagents are supposed to be harder to find in the spiral, crafting is the W101 equivalent of an elective class that wizards don't have to participate in if they don't want to. Therefore if players want to sell their reagents for other people to use them instead then there shouldn't be any handicaps on them.

Gear hunting is one of the biggest struggles for non-member players & crowns can be an expensive investment for people who don't have a lot of money to spend on the game in the first place. There's a lot of older gear from Parts 1 & 2 that are still not auctionable for people to sell in the market but are available for quick sell. I believe non-crown gear that can be sold with the quick sell option should be auctionable in the Bazaar. Darkmoor gear can be an exception since a lot of people prefer to farm Darkmoor themselves but gear from the other worlds in Parts 1 & 2 should be auctionable.

Treasure cards across the board should be auctionable because of the high demand for them in crafting & for independent game play as well. If a player doesn't need certain treasure cards then they should be able to sell them in the Bazaar instead of trading them. Players are more than willing to sell & buy things they want.

Expanding the list of auctionable seeds people can buy & sell in the Bazaar would help the gardeners of the spiral raise their rank & earn badges.

Crafted gear, reagents, housing items, and treasure cards should be made auctionable after crafting.

I would even suggest a new crown system to be implemented in the Bazaar so crown only items can be sold as well in exchange for crowns or bigger sums of gold.

The team kiosk helps other players progress in the game, now it's time we let players sell what they want to help other players progress in the game independently.

Survivor
Jul 05, 2018
RainSiren on Oct 5, 2018 wrote:
The Wizard City Bazaar is one of my favorite shopping hubs in the entire spiral because it offers players the chance to get rid of the stuff they don't need / don't want from packs & questing.

This in return helps players get better gear, reagents, treasure cards, and seeds they can use to update their wizard before / during their independent game play.

But unfortunately there's a lot of items still unavailable for auction that players would be more than willing to sell to the Bazaar so other players could use them instead. This is why I believe it's high time for the Wizard City Bazaar to get updated.

Housing items that don't drop anything or perform unique functions should become auctionable so there's a wider variety of items players can decorate their castles with. This includes items that can only be found in packs & in dungeons / skeleton key rooms as well.

Reagents across the board should be available for auction in the Bazaar so crafting doesn't have to feel hopeless when you have terrible luck with drops, pack openings, silver chests, fishing chests, and farming. While some of these reagents are supposed to be harder to find in the spiral, crafting is the W101 equivalent of an elective class that wizards don't have to participate in if they don't want to. Therefore if players want to sell their reagents for other people to use them instead then there shouldn't be any handicaps on them.

Gear hunting is one of the biggest struggles for non-member players & crowns can be an expensive investment for people who don't have a lot of money to spend on the game in the first place. There's a lot of older gear from Parts 1 & 2 that are still not auctionable for people to sell in the market but are available for quick sell. I believe non-crown gear that can be sold with the quick sell option should be auctionable in the Bazaar. Darkmoor gear can be an exception since a lot of people prefer to farm Darkmoor themselves but gear from the other worlds in Parts 1 & 2 should be auctionable.

Treasure cards across the board should be auctionable because of the high demand for them in crafting & for independent game play as well. If a player doesn't need certain treasure cards then they should be able to sell them in the Bazaar instead of trading them. Players are more than willing to sell & buy things they want.

Expanding the list of auctionable seeds people can buy & sell in the Bazaar would help the gardeners of the spiral raise their rank & earn badges.

Crafted gear, reagents, housing items, and treasure cards should be made auctionable after crafting.

I would even suggest a new crown system to be implemented in the Bazaar so crown only items can be sold as well in exchange for crowns or bigger sums of gold.

The team kiosk helps other players progress in the game, now it's time we let players sell what they want to help other players progress in the game independently.
Nothing else to say really, except that I agree with pretty much all that you've said. It would also help show that non member players or players who don't have a lot of money to invest will be able to get good or even better gear, cards etc for crafting or other uses.

I don't think the bazaar has changed since I first played over 5+ years ago, I could be wrong though. Still, 100% agree.

Would love to see more changes, oh how about some more items going on sale to...just a thought

Survivor
Jul 31, 2015
DarkJab on Oct 6, 2018 wrote:
Nothing else to say really, except that I agree with pretty much all that you've said. It would also help show that non member players or players who don't have a lot of money to invest will be able to get good or even better gear, cards etc for crafting or other uses.

I don't think the bazaar has changed since I first played over 5+ years ago, I could be wrong though. Still, 100% agree.

Would love to see more changes, oh how about some more items going on sale to...just a thought
The items have changed here and there but a lot of the items are "collection items" that are deemed to special to be auctionable.

Survivor
Jul 31, 2015
Items have been updated before but a lot of the items that are non-auction are reasonably titled. They are items that are made so because they can then be sought after and rare. Housing items can be found through house tours where people see unique items and can then try and hunt them down themselves. Gear on the other hand is a completely different story. When you see someone with certain gear that is only dropped, you know they farmed for it and it is also reasonable because a lot of that gear is some of the best gear. If the gathering methods were to change, people that worked to get that gear would be devastated. I'm also sorry if this offends, but if you don't have a membership or crowns, why would you need this gear.

I do agree some items could be changed to auctionable after time passes, but for the most part, a lot of the items that are non-auctionable are reasonable.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
There's lots of gear dropped from normal mobs/bosses, in the 2nd arc and higher, that are non auctionable. These types of gear should always be auctionable. Keep the elite items non-auctionable, but unlock everything else that's dropped. Problem solved.