Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Crafted school housing!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 11, 2009
Hey guys, I just wanted to know if y'all thought this would be a fun idea!
Since the new decaversary event just finished, I thought I'd propose a new idea for some houses we could see in the game.

I remember quite vividly when the school houses first entered the crown shop, and I was blown away by how unique each of them were! However, that was also way back in the second year of the game's release (about 10 years ago now). As the title of this post suggests, I think we should give wizards the ability to craft new housing options, and I think the arcanum would be the best place to snag the recipe. A new and improved wizard school should also mean new and improved wizard housing!

I basically would like to see pirate101 sized houses for each of our schools (i guess you could add the astral and shadow schools as well, but that seems like a bit much). If possible, incorporating parts of the current school houses could make for some interesting designs. We could make the angry death house look like a angrier death mansion, add a graveyard or two, add some caves under the island, etc. The storm house could have underwater caverns to explore, or a island in a storm cloud. The possibilities for these houses are nearly endless. I think it'd also give kingsisle a fun way to express what they think TRULY embodies each of the schools.

If you have any specific things you'd like to see in each of the houses, let me know! I'd love to hear what you guys think!

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
In the most recent KI Live, Professor Falmea (Leah Ruben) said that they would love to have more crafted houses added to Wizard101, but that the team that generally works on creating new houses has been focused on Bundle Houses (from the $39 gift cards) and working on Empyrea part 2. So that's why we haven't seen any in a while...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vNUnpTmrvrI&t=4859s (I couldn't find the time stamp, but here is a link to the latest KI Live).

As far as school housing, this does already exist in the Crowns Shop, where you can buy the school houses for gold even! (I personally, think that the Myth, Fire, and Ice houses are particularly awesome! I would also like to mention that there are school specific furniture sets that are also in the crown shop that you can buy for gold. It all looks really good!

Anyway, I know that it used to be that there were houses in game that you could buy for gold (one large and one small) for every world up to Dragonspyre. I kind of wish that they would continue to do that or yeah have craftable houses for each world!

As far as your suggestion, I guess are you suggesting that houses could have expandable areas or like access to a party room? I'm not that familiar with Pirate, but I know I got this like Witchdoctor Sanctum and it had a really cool cauldron in the middle of the room, but I couldn't tell if it was a shared room or my own to decorate.

I think having a special housing item that let's you go to this special room would be cool. It reminds me of the Box Dimension from Club Penguin haha

Survivor
Jan 11, 2009
exp613 on Oct 1, 2018 wrote:
In the most recent KI Live, Professor Falmea (Leah Ruben) said that they would love to have more crafted houses added to Wizard101, but that the team that generally works on creating new houses has been focused on Bundle Houses (from the $39 gift cards) and working on Empyrea part 2. So that's why we haven't seen any in a while...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vNUnpTmrvrI&t=4859s (I couldn't find the time stamp, but here is a link to the latest KI Live).

As far as school housing, this does already exist in the Crowns Shop, where you can buy the school houses for gold even! (I personally, think that the Myth, Fire, and Ice houses are particularly awesome! I would also like to mention that there are school specific furniture sets that are also in the crown shop that you can buy for gold. It all looks really good!

Anyway, I know that it used to be that there were houses in game that you could buy for gold (one large and one small) for every world up to Dragonspyre. I kind of wish that they would continue to do that or yeah have craftable houses for each world!

As far as your suggestion, I guess are you suggesting that houses could have expandable areas or like access to a party room? I'm not that familiar with Pirate, but I know I got this like Witchdoctor Sanctum and it had a really cool cauldron in the middle of the room, but I couldn't tell if it was a shared room or my own to decorate.

I think having a special housing item that let's you go to this special room would be cool. It reminds me of the Box Dimension from Club Penguin haha
I think you kind of missed the point of this post lol. The idea was to have much bigger or revised versions of the current school houses that we have in the crown shop as crafted housing recipes. I appreciate the feedback though! I would like to see them go back to making the big and small houses for each world as well. I really liked that when I first started, and all the houses now are purchasable for real money only it seems.