Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Damage Modifier doesn't add up

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 05, 2016
So I recently maxed out my Pets Strength Attribute so that i could get more damage out of it
Myth giver and Pain giver both went up by 1% yet my damage in total added up to 131% instead of 132%

These were the numbers I had

7+16+31+21+7+26+14+10 should equal 132 but I'm still at 131?

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
AaronDrakeHammer on Sep 22, 2018 wrote:
So I recently maxed out my Pets Strength Attribute so that i could get more damage out of it
Myth giver and Pain giver both went up by 1% yet my damage in total added up to 131% instead of 132%

These were the numbers I had

7+16+31+21+7+26+14+10 should equal 132 but I'm still at 131?
The percentages of pet talents are rounded up or down, but when we battle we get the exact percentage not the one shown.

If you have a pet talent giving 6.5 or above it will round it to 7%. If you have 2 pet talents that are rounded like this, when they are added together they may not add up to enough to be 14%.

6.5 x 2 = 13 but separately they will each show as 7%.

For the damages to show as 14% when added together they would have to be at least 6.75 each...this would still not be a true 14% though.

This is one of the reasons wizards can sometimes show as having full accuracy but still fizzle on occasion - if there is a pet boost included it isn't a true percentage like those on gear. There could still be up to .5% chance of a fizz!

I hope this helps explain it

Survivor
Jun 05, 2016
Victoria FireHeart on Sep 23, 2018 wrote:
The percentages of pet talents are rounded up or down, but when we battle we get the exact percentage not the one shown.

If you have a pet talent giving 6.5 or above it will round it to 7%. If you have 2 pet talents that are rounded like this, when they are added together they may not add up to enough to be 14%.

6.5 x 2 = 13 but separately they will each show as 7%.

For the damages to show as 14% when added together they would have to be at least 6.75 each...this would still not be a true 14% though.

This is one of the reasons wizards can sometimes show as having full accuracy but still fizzle on occasion - if there is a pet boost included it isn't a true percentage like those on gear. There could still be up to .5% chance of a fizz!

I hope this helps explain it
Oh that makes more sense, thx for the info