Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

waterworks etiquette

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Feb 03, 2010
on my storm wizard, I have almost all the waterworks gear, except for the hood. is it rude if i just leave after luska charmbeak?

Astrologist
Aug 23, 2016
Yes, very.

One of the bigger complaints both in game and on forum is about Wizards who join a team-up and ditch before the dungeon is finished.

There are two ways to go about this; first stick to finishing the dungeon, someone will be grateful you did, or find a group who only wants to do the dungeon up to the point that you need.

But, as I stated at the beginning, dropping out after you get what YOU need is not only a faux pas but also extremely selfish

Steven Ghoststalker

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
To be honest, it will.

If you try communicating this to your fellow peers before heading in, those who've interest in running the entire dungeon may not even want to team up with you.

If on the other hand you find a wizard or two who share the same interest as you and only intend on farming Luska, then odds will more likely tip in your favor.

Also, since you're a , your fellow teammates will most likely expect you to be doing most of the hitting all the way until the final boss.

Either way, you'll end up upsetting some persons, worse if you just leave without saying anything.

Also, remember you've alternatives to the Level 60 Hat - House of Scales
Level 56 Crafted Hat

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
Cody Lighthunter on Sep 20, 2018 wrote:
on my storm wizard, I have almost all the waterworks gear, except for the hood. is it rude if i just leave after luska charmbeak?
If you don't tell the team up front that you're only going to Luska then you could be letting them down.

If they need something from the end boss and can't manage with a reduced team then their time getting you to what you want, was wasted time for them. Often when one person leaves others follow, especially if they're worried the team won't manage to complete the dungeon.

The good news is that a lot of higher levels farm Luska for mastery amulets so you could try to find a team who are just farming Luska

Or you could make a post to see if you can get a team together to just farm Luska.

If you do continue to use team up please let them know you're leaving at Luska or choose to stay for the whole dungeon. I understand wanting to skip the rest of the dungeon, but think of it this way, if you were the only one needing the end battle wouldn't you appreciate it if the team stayed and saw you through to your chance of drops?

Good luck and I hope you get your hat soon and make some great friends along the way