Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Stuck on splash screens--HughesNet

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 07, 2009
For a couple of weeks now, I have been unable to play from home. It gets stuck on the splash screen. Sometimes I can log into the game, and quest around, but sooner or later (normally sooner) I get stuck moving between areas. I do not have this problem when I am at a friends house. I have HughesNet, any help for this issue?

Administrator
Dande2518 on Sep 18, 2018 wrote:
For a couple of weeks now, I have been unable to play from home. It gets stuck on the splash screen. Sometimes I can log into the game, and quest around, but sooner or later (normally sooner) I get stuck moving between areas. I do not have this problem when I am at a friends house. I have HughesNet, any help for this issue?
Hi Dande2518,

There is a similar issue we are working on resolving, so you may be partly affected by that. Just to be sure, please email support@wizard101.com and we'll investigate closer.

Delver
Oct 27, 2009
Sparck on Sep 20, 2018 wrote:
Hi Dande2518,

There is a similar issue we are working on resolving, so you may be partly affected by that. Just to be sure, please email support@wizard101.com and we'll investigate closer.
Can you tell us anything more about which issue you are working on? This sounds similar to an issue I have, but not exactly the same. Sometimes, I snag crossing zones, but the most regular one is when I enter Commons, by porting or tunnel, but not every time I go there. I see myself and the Commons, but it is still loading things like my mount. Then, when my wizard and mount are all there and I start to be able to move, I get an error that shuts the game down, and I have to launch it & log into the game again.