Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Squid Ink

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jul 09, 2012
Trying to make the new revered staff but I need INK! How do I get that fast? I know a lot of bosses drop it in empyrea but who drops it more?

Survivor
Aug 17, 2010
The secret tunnel in aerial shores drops it frequently. I always get two or 3 ink per run, and there is usually a team in the team-up kiosk to run with, so it's quick and painless.

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
There is no way to get it "fast."

It's pretty ironic: for all the howling over shocked keys, shining scales and PVP trophies that went up when this crafting project was first released, I found that Flying Squid Ink ended up being the most obnoxious reagent to collect.

Farming Gannon's secret entrance is the way most of us have done it. The ink tends to drop about every 5 battles or so. If you time your farming efforts with a double reagent member benefit weekend, you can get two flying squid inks per battle instead of one. Even so, it's going to take a long time and lots of repeated battles.

Good luck!

Alia Misthaven

Survivor
Aug 15, 2013
Pouffy23 on Sep 12, 2018 wrote:
Trying to make the new revered staff but I need INK! How do I get that fast? I know a lot of bosses drop it in empyrea but who drops it more?
It may have been a glitch but when double reagents was active, I got squid ink from botanical gardens, in a chest, while I was fishing.

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
Too many people have been using it to immobilize Black Fairies and Dark Ones...

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
exp613 on Sep 15, 2018 wrote:
Too many people have been using it to immobilize Black Fairies and Dark Ones...
Love the OUAT quip! I actually LOL'd.

Alia Misthaven