Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Membership and crowns

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 21, 2017
Okay so I bought areas with crowns will I loose and have to rebuy them if I buy a membership or do I get to keep them forever without worry.

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
BlazeHexWeaver on Sep 3, 2018 wrote:
Okay so I bought areas with crowns will I loose and have to rebuy them if I buy a membership or do I get to keep them forever without worry.
You keep them forever. While your membership is running you will not be given the option to buy new areas as you will have full access, but if/when your membership runs out you will revert to your crowns bought account with all the areas you already paid for.

Be aware that when we have membership we have longer friend lists, bigger backpack etc. When it reverts you will still have everything in your backpack that was there as a member, you will not lose anything, but it will be showing as over-filled (the first number will be higher than the max number). You'll have to move some things out to start gathering loot again. For your friend list it is the same, you will not lose friends but if you want to add someone new you will have to delete enough friends to free up one space to add someone new.

I hope this is helpful

Defender
Jul 16, 2014
Well a membership includes all areas and all worlds. So you would not get the crowns back for the areas you bought. I think what your trying to get at is if you buy the membership then cancel it will you lose the areas you already bought. I don’t think you will as I can’t see them taking something you paid for, also it will show that you paid for those areas in your purchase history. I’m not an expert but this is what I would assume.

Survivor
Aug 17, 2016
BlazeHexWeaver on Sep 3, 2018 wrote:
Buying any place with crowns means it’s open to you and always accessible on all of your characters on that account. You will not lose any area your purchase. If you haven’t bought every single place/world with crowns, then a membership will automatically unlock each and every world for you. You can choose to purchase those areas after your membership ends.

Membership always unlocks every place and gives great member benefits, such as bigger backpack space and sometimes no cool downs for crafting and double reagents!

If you prefer to play by crowns, you can always buy areas in your way through the Spiral as you quests. Happy questing!

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
Let's put it this way:

Membership is like renting all the areas of the game. As long as you keep paying your rent on time, you get free run of the place plus a few other perks.

Buying areas with crowns is like buying your own space in a huge apartment building, one room and floor at a time. Each area that you buy is yours permanently. You pay for it once and then it's yours forever. It's more expensive up front but over a very long period of time, buying areas of the game works out to be cheaper in the long run.

Alia Misthaven

Astrologist
Aug 23, 2016
As everyone else as stated, buying areas permanently does give you access to those areas without paying a monthly fee.

However it does NOT give you any of the other member benefits. less restrictive chatting, larger backpack, double rewards (currently double reagents), etc. So that is something you will want to figure into you calculations as well.

Steven Ghoststalker

Explorer
Mar 08, 2015
hello young wizard!

once you buy an area, it is yours to keep forever. a membership will give you access to all areas of the game for 1 month, 6 months, or 1 year...

have fun :D

Wolf LegendSword-LvL 125 Wolf LegendSword-LvL 8
Daniel BattleShade-LvL 125Wolf LegendSword-LvL 6
Blaze NightRider-LvL 125 Sloan Bear-LvL 1
Michael ShadowStaff-LvL 125 Marcus WildStaff-LvL 1
Blaze NightFlame-LvL 125 Patrick Star-LvL 1
Carlos GhostDust-LvL77
Blaze MythRider-LvL 77