Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Guardian spirit in mid level pvp/ Heal spammers

AuthorMessage
Defender
Mar 10, 2014
Kingsisle please take a look at this, it is really annoying there are so many people in Mid level pvp level 50-70 that use the crowns guardian spirit wand and spam heals untell their opponent runs out of cards. This spell is really unfair in lower level pvp because we dont have shadow shrike or anything else to counter wizards that use this wand and keep using the spell. Even if we kill them they still come back to life and do it again. These wizards normally spam the healing bubble and have already high heal boosts that even infections dont make their heals do under base. Couple this with high set resist to popular schools like fire ice and balance and myth it makes them almost impossible to kill. Even if this wand didnt give the guardian spirit card at such a low level it would be really hard to win vs these players but it would be possible to kill them. Also I dont think its fair that they can use it in the first place under level 75 because thats when life wizards get it. There have been countless matches that I have done that I could beat these heal spammers if for not the guardian spirit wand. The guardian spirit wand being availible to low levels just pushes this already annoying heal spamming strategy over the top. It would be more do able if not for this wand. It makes the battle restart and it already takes forever to set up to kill them because of their heal spam and resist. So by the time that the player is set up to kill them they have already reshuffled and have gotten guardian spirit back so that once you kill them they come back to life. They can just use it again and again and again untell their enemy runs out of hits. Please do something about this it is really annoying to spend so much time and effort in a match and to kill a heal spammer more then once only to find out that after the 4th time of killing them you are out of cards and have lost.

For the argument that the wand only gives 1 card and it can't be that bad, it is true that it only gives one but at low level by the time you have set up to kill they have reshuffled and gotten another one back and can cast it again once their current guardian spirit runs out.

Explorer
Jan 12, 2013
They did just do something about it. They introduced a new Bulwark pet talent so these players can increase their resist even further and make the problem even worse!

Sometimes I wonder if they do these things to deliberately ruin PvP, but then I see 50,000,000 wiz crammed into a room trying to open a present and realise they were just poorly thought out.

Explorer
Oct 29, 2010
agree totally, that it is an unfair spell to all players who are playing in rank, it shouldn't be allowed no more, they spam life heals until we run out and its not fair, they need to take that out or make it a one time use only even if they reshuffle it shouldn't be able to be recast

Explorer
Oct 29, 2010
Fred Frost on Aug 30, 2018 wrote:
Kingsisle please take a look at this, it is really annoying there are so many people in Mid level pvp level 50-70 that use the crowns guardian spirit wand and spam heals untell their opponent runs out of cards. This spell is really unfair in lower level pvp because we dont have shadow shrike or anything else to counter wizards that use this wand and keep using the spell. Even if we kill them they still come back to life and do it again. These wizards normally spam the healing bubble and have already high heal boosts that even infections dont make their heals do under base. Couple this with high set resist to popular schools like fire ice and balance and myth it makes them almost impossible to kill. Even if this wand didnt give the guardian spirit card at such a low level it would be really hard to win vs these players but it would be possible to kill them. Also I dont think its fair that they can use it in the first place under level 75 because thats when life wizards get it. There have been countless matches that I have done that I could beat these heal spammers if for not the guardian spirit wand. The guardian spirit wand being availible to low levels just pushes this already annoying heal spamming strategy over the top. It would be more do able if not for this wand. It makes the battle restart and it already takes forever to set up to kill them because of their heal spam and resist. So by the time that the player is set up to kill them they have already reshuffled and have gotten guardian spirit back so that once you kill them they come back to life. They can just use it again and again and again untell their enemy runs out of hits. Please do something about this it is really annoying to spend so much time and effort in a match and to kill a heal spammer more then once only to find out that after the 4th time of killing them you are out of cards and have lost.

For the argument that the wand only gives 1 card and it can't be that bad, it is true that it only gives one but at low level by the time you have set up to kill they have reshuffled and gotten another one back and can cast it again once their current guardian spirit runs out.
that is true they shouldn't be allowed back into a reshuffle, I agree, its not fare cause they can heal back up to full health and keep spaming heals on themselves and pack reshuffles in and keep it going and they need a timer in pvp also 2-3 hours that is ridiculous, time to change the pvp all together to make it so there is a timer on the pvp rank not just for tourneys