Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Sparck is this a glitch or Feature?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 08, 2008
https://www.wizard101.com/forum/the-dorms/please-add-this-tip--8ad6a4256560b272016562b4d1f7274c?page=1

Aprarently not Entering the house your garden is in Until enough time has passed for them to be elder without really ever needing to take care of its needs?

now i was just wondering is this a intented Feature? i dont want to use it if its a glitch

Delver
Oct 27, 2009
So you planted it as a seed, saw it become a seedling, and left, never seeing it get to mature age? If the only thing you did was plant it, interesting. I know plants used to have needs and pests whether you were there or not, but it was changed because wizards who didn't log into the game and missed a day or two were returning to all dead plants. I thought a seed planted like you mention would be paused in growth until your return, turning into a young plant when you got back. I hadn't stayed away from my house long enough to see if a seedling would just go elder for me.

Survivor
Apr 01, 2013
I have been using said thing to tend to my garden for years.

I am nearly certain that Kingsisle are aware of said issue as well, and considering they did not fix this, it is clearly a feature only a small portion of wizards know!

Alejandro/Alexandria Story

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
You're asking if it's "wrong" to leave your mature garden for a few days and then return to find your plants at elder stage?

The answer is, no. It's not wrong (morally or ethically) and it's not a glitch.

This tactic works only when you've tended the plants as seedlings and well into their early mature stage. In exchange for not having to tend their needs once the plants are fully mature, you also miss out on 2-4 mature harvests. That seems a fair trade.

Alia Misthaven

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
jewelking88 on Aug 23, 2018 wrote:
https://www.wizard101.com/forum/the-dorms/please-add-this-tip--8ad6a4256560b272016562b4d1f7274c?page=1

Aprarently not Entering the house your garden is in Until enough time has passed for them to be elder without really ever needing to take care of its needs?

now i was just wondering is this a intented Feature? i dont want to use it if its a glitch

It's not a glitch or an exploit, it just works this way. If you're going away for a few days your garden will wilt or die if you log out from the area with plants. Some people even get tempted to ask a friend to log in for them to make sure their plants don't die. This is against the ToU and puts your account at risk of being banned, stolen or exploited. Logging out from another area allows the plants to stay healthy while you're offline.

Some people choose to do 'Elder Harvesting' where they do the minimum triggers to get their plant to elder, forfeiting the mature harvests. It frees up their energy to be used for fishing or pet training, which can be worth more to them than mature harvests.

You can't just plant the seed and wait though. They must be triggered to go into each phase. They need triggers from 'seed to young' then 'young to mature'...then you can wait for them to be elder. There will be no needs for the first trigger, but the second trigger (young to mature) will have needs to tend.

Also, plants that take longer than a few days to go from mature to elder may need a 'mid-trigger' to keep them going to elder and prevent them regressing back to the beginning of the stage.

Just as some people may choose to avoid visiting their garden while a plant goes to elder, sometimes it can be useful to deliberately log out from the garden to enable to the trigger time to happen as promptly as possible. If you plant your couch potatoes or evil magma peas just before you go to bed and intend on logging in as soon as you wake up, by logging out from the garden you can find them part way through the young-mature stage instead of at the very start of it The risk with this is if you don't log back in promptly enough and needs that appeared while offline causes plants to wilt.

I use this little gardening tip both to prevent wilting while offline and sometimes to trigger growth stages at the soonest possible time even though I am off-line.

I hope this helps

Survivor
Oct 08, 2008
Victoria FireHeart on Aug 27, 2018 wrote:
It's not a glitch or an exploit, it just works this way. If you're going away for a few days your garden will wilt or die if you log out from the area with plants. Some people even get tempted to ask a friend to log in for them to make sure their plants don't die. This is against the ToU and puts your account at risk of being banned, stolen or exploited. Logging out from another area allows the plants to stay healthy while you're offline.

Some people choose to do 'Elder Harvesting' where they do the minimum triggers to get their plant to elder, forfeiting the mature harvests. It frees up their energy to be used for fishing or pet training, which can be worth more to them than mature harvests.

You can't just plant the seed and wait though. They must be triggered to go into each phase. They need triggers from 'seed to young' then 'young to mature'...then you can wait for them to be elder. There will be no needs for the first trigger, but the second trigger (young to mature) will have needs to tend.

Also, plants that take longer than a few days to go from mature to elder may need a 'mid-trigger' to keep them going to elder and prevent them regressing back to the beginning of the stage.

Just as some people may choose to avoid visiting their garden while a plant goes to elder, sometimes it can be useful to deliberately log out from the garden to enable to the trigger time to happen as promptly as possible. If you plant your couch potatoes or evil magma peas just before you go to bed and intend on logging in as soon as you wake up, by logging out from the garden you can find them part way through the young-mature stage instead of at the very start of it The risk with this is if you don't log back in promptly enough and needs that appeared while offline causes plants to wilt.

I use this little gardening tip both to prevent wilting while offline and sometimes to trigger growth stages at the soonest possible time even though I am off-line.

I hope this helps
Gardening is Stressful! so many things to think about thanks though