Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Minions need a rework

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 09, 2010
I'm having issues in general with the lack of game play style with minions. They've been in the game since launch (minions) and haven't had a single real rework for them for later worlds. We get new minions, but they don't exactly do what their intended purpose was; which is to aid the player in battle in a good way. Most of the time my minions end up using my traps or they blade themselves over the summoner. Most of them don't resist enough to survive a round in a fight. Here's my suggestion below

I suggest that we have a minion ranking system where we can upgrade minions ranks so they can have more health or resistance of our choosing, it would spice up game play, and make people who play solo have a better time playing.

You might come back with "there are henchmen", yes there are; and I have no problem paying for them in the crowns shop, but I'd like my Mander minion have a chance of surviving storm lord in Azteca which only hits for 450 dmg.(he can't survive when he has an elemental shield on him, which cuts it to 250). I'd also like to respond to henchmen, if we pay crowns for them, shouldn't we also get to control exactly what they do?

We know that it's possible because of Pirate101 to have complete control (it's not the newest concept), and if you're paying for the henchmen it'd be nice to have that control over what's happening in the battle.

I'd love for the KI team to look into the possibility to tweak them henchmaan/minion system in the fututre!!

Survivor
Aug 31, 2013
MorgrimVonThunder on Aug 20, 2018 wrote:
I'm having issues in general with the lack of game play style with minions. They've been in the game since launch (minions) and haven't had a single real rework for them for later worlds. We get new minions, but they don't exactly do what their intended purpose was; which is to aid the player in battle in a good way. Most of the time my minions end up using my traps or they blade themselves over the summoner. Most of them don't resist enough to survive a round in a fight. Here's my suggestion below

I suggest that we have a minion ranking system where we can upgrade minions ranks so they can have more health or resistance of our choosing, it would spice up game play, and make people who play solo have a better time playing.

You might come back with "there are henchmen", yes there are; and I have no problem paying for them in the crowns shop, but I'd like my Mander minion have a chance of surviving storm lord in Azteca which only hits for 450 dmg.(he can't survive when he has an elemental shield on him, which cuts it to 250). I'd also like to respond to henchmen, if we pay crowns for them, shouldn't we also get to control exactly what they do?

We know that it's possible because of Pirate101 to have complete control (it's not the newest concept), and if you're paying for the henchmen it'd be nice to have that control over what's happening in the battle.

I'd love for the KI team to look into the possibility to tweak them henchmaan/minion system in the fututre!!
You also can't use henchmen in pvp, so minions still need a buff.. We were sort of talking about minion reworking in this thread, but this might be nice place to start a more specific discussion.

Astrologist
Aug 23, 2016
Agree 100%

Sir Bedeveer was great in Avalon. Less so in Azteca. I removed him completely from the deck before Khrysalis.

I do not mind paying crowns for Henchmen but yes, it is increasingly frustrating to have the henchmen use a blade or trap for a wand spell.

Also I don't want to sound like a complainer, but all of the world companions that follow us around (like Ivan the Great in Polaris) supposedly "helping" Why don't they show up in the circle? If they are there to help let them help.

I have stated before I much prefer the battle mechanics of P101 and would play it more often if there were other things beside the quests to do in that game. With W101, I like fishing, monsterology, crafting, pet training, and Zeke Quests (wish Shelbus Grufhart gave some as well).

So in short, the minion system of W101 needs a serious revamp.

Steven Ghoststalker