Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Active Game?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 20, 2009
Heya!

So, I haven't really played Wizard 101 actively since like 3rd grade. It's been a long while.

I have downloaded it every once in a while to play it for a week or so before uninstalling it again.

I'd like to get into the game again though, and I'm wondering if it's worth it.

Is there an active community? Is the game actively updated?
I looked on the Twitter and saw that it was pretty active, so that was a good sign.

Defender
Dec 20, 2012
Scootakip on Aug 13, 2018 wrote:
Heya!

So, I haven't really played Wizard 101 actively since like 3rd grade. It's been a long while.

I have downloaded it every once in a while to play it for a week or so before uninstalling it again.

I'd like to get into the game again though, and I'm wondering if it's worth it.

Is there an active community? Is the game actively updated?
I looked on the Twitter and saw that it was pretty active, so that was a good sign.
Yes, I've been playing the game consistently for a few years, and it's very well updated. The massive Wizard City update was just completed, and I think that we have good reason to believe that more updates like this will be coming for other worlds. It's also only part way through the 3rd arc, which is another compelling sign. I myself was surprised by how many people I saw in some of the less populated worlds, like Zafaria and Dragonspyre. I think the community is very active as well.
Cheyenne StormHunter
Level 114

Explorer
Dec 08, 2010
It is most certainly worth it to join the game and community! Wizard101 is still bustling with activity and there are roughly three big updates every year, one of which usually containing a new world to continue the newest story arc. Additionally, there have been many side activities added to the game over the last decade including fishing, monstrology, PvP tournaments, the pet derby, and much more. If you're ever bored with questing, there's always more to be done! The Wizard101 community is full of fantastic people who are passionate about the game, as well. Lastly, if you enjoy this game, you'll also probably enjoy it's sister game, Pirate101. It's not quite as updated or as large as this game, but I still recommend it wholeheartedly.