Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

being punished for doing empryea

AuthorMessage
Defender
Mar 10, 2014
I have been level 120 and since the last level cap and have been holding off of doing empryea even though I would like to see the story line and do the world. Why you might ask? I feel like I am being punished for doing Empryea due to the critical and critical block decay. Each level I lose 1% critical and 1% block, so by the time I finish the world Ill be level 125 and have 5% less critical and 5% less block then I had before I started the world. To add to that there is no new spell and nothing that is worth leveling up to 125 besides the story but it comes at a cost of making your wizard weaker. So a level 125 wizard is weaker then it was 5 levels ago. Its almost like the more you level up the weaker you get. I think it should be the more you level up the more powerful you get or even stay the same, for sure we shouldnt be getting weaker aka get punished for leveling and doing a world. This has caused me to not level up or try and do the new world even though it has been out for months. I am currently debating if i should go ahead and do it for the story and fun, but once the fun is over I will be weaker then I was before, and Ill probably be wishing i hadn't done this to my stats. For mirage at least there was a new spell to look forward to, but now there is nothing but losing 5% valuable block and critical that you had just 5 levels ago. I feel like this decay should be 1% every 10 levels or we should get new spells or another piece of gear that is worth leveling up and making our stats weaker. Please help me decide if doing empyrea is worth weakening my wizard? Also kingsisle can you consider making us not lose so much block and critical per world as we go through it please? Thank you!

Defender
Dec 26, 2016
There's new Cabalist gear in Empyrea that adds more critical and more damage, so unless you don't get the new gear what you're saying will be true.

But really, Empyrea is a fun world with an interesting storyline, so having 5% less critical really shouldn't be that much of a deciding factor in my opinion.

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
thatgrumpypanda on Aug 8, 2018 wrote:
There's new Cabalist gear in Empyrea that adds more critical and more damage, so unless you don't get the new gear what you're saying will be true.

But really, Empyrea is a fun world with an interesting storyline, so having 5% less critical really shouldn't be that much of a deciding factor in my opinion.
Where do you get the gear??

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
Patrick Ravenbane on Aug 8, 2018 wrote:
Where do you get the gear??
The Cabalist hats and boots drop from the secret tunnel that leads to Gannon. They also drop from a few other bosses as well. The robes and wands, I believe, only drop from Medulla.

For an offensive build, the hats and boots definitely are worth farming for.

The robe and wand, on the other hand, are not worth the 'headache' of farming Medulla. They don't compare to Darkmoor, Rattlebones or even the current crowns gear. The robe's defenses are inadequate to stand alone, and the wand's offensive stats are equally anemic.

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Category:Empyrea_Items#axzz5NclsHD1j

The link above lists all the gear that is dropped in Empyrea, sorted by school. Click on the link to your school to find out who drops what gear.

Alia Misthaven

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
Freshta on Aug 8, 2018 wrote:
The Cabalist hats and boots drop from the secret tunnel that leads to Gannon. They also drop from a few other bosses as well. The robes and wands, I believe, only drop from Medulla.

For an offensive build, the hats and boots definitely are worth farming for.

The robe and wand, on the other hand, are not worth the 'headache' of farming Medulla. They don't compare to Darkmoor, Rattlebones or even the current crowns gear. The robe's defenses are inadequate to stand alone, and the wand's offensive stats are equally anemic.

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Category:Empyrea_Items#axzz5NclsHD1j

The link above lists all the gear that is dropped in Empyrea, sorted by school. Click on the link to your school to find out who drops what gear.

Alia Misthaven
Thank You!