Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Daily quest assigned to area beyond me

AuthorMessage
Delver
Oct 27, 2009
This is the first time something like this has happened to me. I'm a member, so it's not about somewhere I couldn't port to someone in. I have a level 35 fire wizard. My main Grizzleheim quest is "Full Grizzle Jacket", in Mirkholm Keep. When I got my daily quest, I was supposed to visit Sudri's throne in Sudrilund, WINTERTUSK! Why would they send a level 35 Wizard to Wintertusk? I didn't think a wizard is supposed to get in there at that level. I can't even get into Ravenscar on my own, yet. I know daily quests might send someone to an area that they have the level to be in, but haven't entered yet, or that a crowns player hadn't bought yet, but I thought it was always at least somewhere close to their level of quests. Is this a bug, or does this thing happen to others too, and just the first time I've hit it? Are they assigning dailies to places where you have to have a higher level friend to help you port to it?

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
Calamity Finch on Aug 6, 2018 wrote:
This is the first time something like this has happened to me. I'm a member, so it's not about somewhere I couldn't port to someone in. I have a level 35 fire wizard. My main Grizzleheim quest is "Full Grizzle Jacket", in Mirkholm Keep. When I got my daily quest, I was supposed to visit Sudri's throne in Sudrilund, WINTERTUSK! Why would they send a level 35 Wizard to Wintertusk? I didn't think a wizard is supposed to get in there at that level. I can't even get into Ravenscar on my own, yet. I know daily quests might send someone to an area that they have the level to be in, but haven't entered yet, or that a crowns player hadn't bought yet, but I thought it was always at least somewhere close to their level of quests. Is this a bug, or does this thing happen to others too, and just the first time I've hit it? Are they assigning dailies to places where you have to have a higher level friend to help you port to it?
I don't think this is supposed to happen but I've heard of a lot of players accidentally being sent to Wintertusk when they're not yet level 40. I hope KI will adjust the daily assignments so this can't happen any more. It should be possible to complete without having to ask higher level wizards for ports.

I hope you managed to port in to complete it!

Survivor
Jun 23, 2018
My life is nowhere near Wintertusk too and he got that daily quest XD It was only him though, and luckily he got one today that he could get to.

Delver
Oct 27, 2009
Victoria FireHeart on Aug 7, 2018 wrote:
I don't think this is supposed to happen but I've heard of a lot of players accidentally being sent to Wintertusk when they're not yet level 40. I hope KI will adjust the daily assignments so this can't happen any more. It should be possible to complete without having to ask higher level wizards for ports.

I hope you managed to port in to complete it!
I was able to get in, thanks to my friend. I was very surprised about the assignment. I've been playing a long time, and have been doing dailiess since they were introduced, and this was the first time this happened to me. Perhaps they have this location on the wrong list of what level can get it, in the Daily Assignment list.