Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

What to do w crowns?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 09, 2017
my dad recently got me some stuff along we 60k crowns on wizard101.

im like level 11, death school and i dunno what else my membership offers and what kind of stuff to get with this amount of crowns. i dont wanna waste them and im not that experienced in this game.

would appreciate some answers on
1. what my membership offers, and
2. what can i buy with crowns, stuff that's worth it

Defender
Jul 01, 2015
Survivor
Feb 21, 2009
Amulets for high levels are worth it also Crowns can get you fun items like mounts and decorations and even a house. Also, this website itself has a membership benefits page.

Explorer
Nov 18, 2010
Membership gives you access to ALL areas of the Spiral. Whilst you have membership, you can go into any area that your level allows you to. Membership also gives other perks, such as:

• PVP Tournaments cost gold, not crowns
  • Energy fills at a faster rate
  • More backpack space
  • Crafting timers reset twice as fast
  • Expanded friends list
  • Ranked PvP
  • You can buy castles
  • Access to the message boards

In addition to these perks, there are also sometimes member benefits over the weekend which differ from time to time. This year there seems to be about one each weekend. They include:

• Double Pet XP from training and snacks
  • Double Monstrology XP and Animus
  • Double Reagents and Unlimited Crafting Slots
  • Free Training Point Buyback
  • Free Second Chance Chest Roll
  • Unlimited Fishing
  • Double Gardening Rewards
  • Improved Rewards on Daily Assignments / PvP Rewards

Now onto crowns. Well, it really depends on what you need. First of all, there are packs. Packs offer exclusive items / gear / spells you want as each pack offers a range of different items. However, you're not guaranteed to get what you want from a pack so you could end up spending a lot and getting nothing. So only really open packs if you have an item you want in mind. The Central Wiki has a list of pack drops.

Then there are mounts! There are a wide range of mounts to choose from. Then there are pets. However now with the hatching kiosk, it is easier and only costs gold to get the pet you want, but if you don't have the time then buy a crowns pet. Then there are castles. Currently, it is House-a-Palooza, so all castles are on sale in the crowns shop, so now is the perfect time to buy! You can also buy furniture from the crowns shop too.

But remember to not use all your crowns in the crowns shop! You may need them to stitch gear from Eloise Merryweather, unlock jewel sockets, buy jewel packs, open second chance chests, or even to buy yourself a makeover!

Survivor
Mar 18, 2011
I would recommend getting the athame, Heartsteel, which is in the crown shop under Appearance & Gear tab then athames. The heartsteel is really good and is only 260 crowns. I would also recommend for mounts on getting the Marleybone Car which is under the mounts tab. It is one of the fastest mounts in the game and it's not in a pack so you can spend 7000 crowns and get it guaranteed. Afterward, I would recommend saving crowns till you get to a high level, past 110 and then pack gear might be good for you, but it's good to use the wiki to see what packs drop what. The two items I listed first are definitely very useful.

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
I would shop in the bazaar and buy what you can for gold. Don't upgrade gear too much all at once. See how you prefer to play and what you most need, first. Also remember as you level up your gear will constantly be outdated again.

After Level 15 you will be able to get a House if I remember correctly. Definitely save your crowns for at least one House. You will see some choices in the Crowns shop. You will also see some choices in Bundles on this website and in select brick and mortar stores.

First thing I would buy would be a mount. Choose wisely -- look at what you see around you. Some mounts look great but are hard to see past their antlers or hard to steer on narrow sidewalks.

A very few mounts are faster than the others - 50 % instead of 40 % faster than walking (or running?).

I would keep it simple in the beginning and again remember that you will outgrow everything fairly fast. You will also WIN gear in battles.

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
I'm not telling you what you should do, but this is what I would do if I were in the same situation as you and knowing what I know now

Things I'd want for my new wizard:

Permanent Mount - hugely beneficial and immediately useful! I'd buy a perm mount from the crown shop FOR GOLD. If I really loved one of the crown ones and knew I could get more crowns once mine are running low then I might be tempted to buy it, especially if it was on offer and unavailable anywhere else in game as a drop.

House - great for storage, decorating and gardening! Gardening is very helpful so I would buy a Red Barn Farm FOR GOLD. If there was a lovely bundle house on offer for crowns only, then I might be tempted in the same way as the mount.

Most likely thing I'd spend some crowns on would be the Knight's Lore pack to see if I got lucky enough to win the Deer Knight spell! Most death wizards dream of having this spell! I'd set a limit of how many crowns I am willing to risk, I'd assume I was going to fail and I'd say a quick prayer to the Random Number Gods

I would keep the rest of my crowns for elixirs etc that I might want later. When I mess up on gardening and need energy to fix it or go fishing/pet training and want more energy to continue it's nice to be able to pop an energy elixir. Same for hatching, if I have used my timer but want to hatch again it is nice to be able to go ahead by popping a purreau potion. Stitching also requires a few crowns and it's nice to be able to do it without having to save up from trivia or needing to make a purchase to do it.

Remember almost everything comes up on offer from time to time. Increasing backpack space is well worth it and if you get into gardening or decorating increasing item count at your house is worth it too.

Gold gets easier to obtain as you level...if you need help getting gold a high level wiz can take you gold farming. I'm happy to take you gold farming to get your mount and house, just let me know!

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
PS. If you want me to take you gold farming let me know your wizard's name and your availability for the next week (include time zone). I'll list a few times and days I can meet when you're free so you can just turn up to the first one you see. I'll be outside the bazaar, Dworgyn realm at the times I list.

Survivor
Sep 15, 2016
I would buy areas and buy some mounts. Maybe buy some random people stuff too. I had that amount before and bought random wizards hair and stuff lol. It made their day. (Not saying you should no one should give away their money.)And If I had 60 thousand I probably wouldnt

Survivor
Jun 18, 2013
Spend all of it on packs, and get mad when you don't get anything good... Is what you shouldn't do. Don't buy pets, don't buy mounts, don't buy gear sets. The best thing to do with your crowns is to save them for when you know what you want. As tempting as it is to buy a bunch of random stuff cause it sounds cool, you'll regret it when you actually need the crowns for something. Oh and one more thing.... Do Not... And I Mean Do Not... Buy Mega Snack Packs, they're the worst thing you could possibly waste your crowns on.

Explorer
Mar 11, 2009
lots of good suggestions and it looks like a lot of reading!!......First thing I would tell you: hang on to those crowns until you are really sure of your purchase......!!!!!!...........no big hurry......mounts are fun but don't help in a battle....gear will help in a battle.....gold can get you gear,and if you dont like the gear that is dropped to you, then sell it for more gold.

But Crowns CAN unlock new areas. If you are doing a "crowns pay to play" type membership. If this is the type of membership you are doing, then I would use the crowns to unlock new areas that I will come to as I go with the storyline of the game. Gold can get you everything else.....see you in the spiral!!!