Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

High Level starting Dragonspyre?

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Dec 26, 2012
I've started and finished every world at what I would consider "over leveled." This is due to doing all side quests in each world before I move onto the next. I've started Dragonspyre at level 51, am I too over leveled? The bosses are more annoying than hard to me, same with the regular enemies. If I stop doing the side quests for a while will I eventually return to a normal starting level for each world? I don't want every world I go to be a walk in the park.

Explorer
Aug 19, 2012
you are overleveled by a bit you are meant to be 50 at the start of celestia

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
Unfortunately, doing all the available side quests and dungeons offered throughout the early game often leaves us wizards over-leveled by the time we reach the second arc. Yes, postponing most of your side quests will help you to gradually drop back down to a more normal level.

Some quests you should not skip, however.

Complete Grizzlehiem up to the end of Ravenscar right now (if you haven't already). This will set you up for Wintertusk, which is important for several spells and almost all of your school pets, but it gives a ton of experience and will leave you even more over-leveled if you start it at level 50.

Any quest that your professor gives you for pets or spells, be sure to complete it.

You can delay starting Wintertusk until after you finish Celestia, but you'll want to go in and do it before you finish Avalon. There are spells and pets that you can only get if you finish Wintertusk up through at least the start of Nordriland. If you're still concerned about being over-leveled, you can just do the main questline in Wintertusk and finish up the side quests much later, like when you're in Azteca or beyond.

Good luck!

Alia Misthaven

Explorer
Dec 26, 2012
Freshta on Jul 26, 2018 wrote:
Unfortunately, doing all the available side quests and dungeons offered throughout the early game often leaves us wizards over-leveled by the time we reach the second arc. Yes, postponing most of your side quests will help you to gradually drop back down to a more normal level.

Some quests you should not skip, however.

Complete Grizzlehiem up to the end of Ravenscar right now (if you haven't already). This will set you up for Wintertusk, which is important for several spells and almost all of your school pets, but it gives a ton of experience and will leave you even more over-leveled if you start it at level 50.

Any quest that your professor gives you for pets or spells, be sure to complete it.

You can delay starting Wintertusk until after you finish Celestia, but you'll want to go in and do it before you finish Avalon. There are spells and pets that you can only get if you finish Wintertusk up through at least the start of Nordriland. If you're still concerned about being over-leveled, you can just do the main questline in Wintertusk and finish up the side quests much later, like when you're in Azteca or beyond.

Good luck!

Alia Misthaven
I've done Wintertusk up to Austriland, but I'm postponing doing Wintertusk until Zafaria.I finished Dragonspyre at level 54, only doing the main quest. I feel like I would've been level 60 at the start of Celestia had I finished
Dragonspyre and Wintertusk . Anyways, thanks for the tips. I've started playing again recently and man did I do a lot of things wrong on my old wiz. I didn't even know Wintertusk gave you spells and pets!

Survivor
Jul 17, 2018
My wiz was 47 when he started Dragonspyre - I did all the Wysteria quests (save for Tower of the Helephant, obviously), and Grizzleheim (up to the end of Ravenscar), as well as every other quest from the worlds of the First Arc.

As above, a majority of the bosses and quests were tedious and boring rather than challenging. The real difficulty in my case was trying to bag all the Monstrology profiles for the Creatures, and doing Monstrology is very simple no matter what level you are.

If you're looking for a natural leveling experience, I would probably recommend switching between Grizzleheim and Dragonspyre at regular intervals as to regulate the leveling curve; same goes for Marleybone and Wysteria.

Survivor
Oct 07, 2012
There is nothing wrong with being overleveled, you just want to finish DS as quickly as possible so you can unlock Celestia and get to the astral school trainers. Also, you want to get the quests from Ogden Peak for the extra training points. I also suggest completing Grizzleheim/Wintertusk before finishing Celestia, but you will be overleveled again when you get to Zafaria. Once again, there is nothing wrong with that.