Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

People leaving high level dungeons/bosses...

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 26, 2009
as soon as we get inside?

Just a little something I've noticed. People seem to be leaving high level boss rooms/dungeons as soon as the team up timer goes down. I've been trying to do a lot of helping through the team up kiosk lately and I've really been trying to help out with higher leveled areas, since I figure you have people constantly helping out with anything belong dragonspyre as they see it as easy helper points or whatever. It feels as if the majority of people leave almost instantly though. I don't really understand :c

Delver
Nov 16, 2017
There feels like some hostile current going around. Yesterday by the pond a rider came in asking if anyone could help him. I ask him what he needed, he said help with the Labirynth (sp?). "Hit the team-up button," I replied. "Nobody teams up." Wow. I do. If you need help, you need help. His answer? "What do you mean?" I left. I wasn't sure I would get anywhere with him. A week ago I had a great experience on Xibalba with a Death wizard helping me. We got through it - just the two of us - but I wouldn't have made it without him. People are just weird. I've been in the reverse situation. I tried 3 times to team up for that battle and no one showed up. Strange ways on both sides.

Survivor
Mar 26, 2009
colocrys on Jul 24, 2018 wrote:
There feels like some hostile current going around. Yesterday by the pond a rider came in asking if anyone could help him. I ask him what he needed, he said help with the Labirynth (sp?). "Hit the team-up button," I replied. "Nobody teams up." Wow. I do. If you need help, you need help. His answer? "What do you mean?" I left. I wasn't sure I would get anywhere with him. A week ago I had a great experience on Xibalba with a Death wizard helping me. We got through it - just the two of us - but I wouldn't have made it without him. People are just weird. I've been in the reverse situation. I tried 3 times to team up for that battle and no one showed up. Strange ways on both sides.
That's how it feels really. The worst bit is I'm using the kiosk. If they leave, I'm forced to wait 10 minutes no matter what it seems. A lot of times we get inside the sigils and immediately, poof, they're gone. I'll wait maybe 5ish minutes, but no matter what, I'm timered for them leaving it seems. I feel as if people are doing it on purpose too which is sad if true.

I really wanted to help people out on the higher leveled worlds because I felt like I'd have a bigger impact.

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
I have an Ice wizard that I send to help people in middle arc worlds (Celestia through Avalon). Like the OP, I tend to focus on higher areas because most people concentrate their "help" on the low and easy battles. From my experience using the Team-Up kiosk for those areas, I've deduced a couple of things.

First, I don't know how long ago that person put in the request for help. It might have been a very long time ago, so when I join, they're busy doing something else or they might not even be online. Or, maybe they don't want help from an Ice wizard and drop out when they see my (unwelcome?) help coming. At any rate, sometimes they drop out while the timer is still counting down.

So the first thing I do after selecting a battle to help with is open up the window and look at the name of the person who was there before I joined. I watch that name to see if they suddenly drop out. If they do, then I quickly leave the 2 minute count-down myself.

Second, they're not always online when the timer counts down and sends us to the battle. When I get into the battle area I watch and wait for the other person to move. I'll say "Hi!" right away to let them know I'm there, but then I wait several minutes in case they're interacting with dialog or - worst case scenario - they're completely AKF.

If they don't move or interact with me at all, I assume they're away from their keyboard. I'll say out loud (so to speak), "Hi, I was here to help you with ___ battle but it looks like you're AFK. If you still need help, you can click me and I'll come back if I'm still online." Sometimes, they do return a bit later and click to ask for help.

Yes, that means that sometimes I help outside the kiosk and don't get "team up" credit.

Third, some people are just jerks who love trolling others, so there's always that to contend with, too.

Alia Misthaven
Sierra Winterbreeze - "Have shields, will travel."

Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
In Pirate101, there are those who enter the battle from the team up ledger ( we call it a ledger, not a kiosk ;) ), then immediately exit. This is because they will still get credit for "helping" ( of course this only works if it's a single battle dungeon. ) Could something like this be happening here?

Survivor
Mar 26, 2009
Freshta on Jul 26, 2018 wrote:
I have an Ice wizard that I send to help people in middle arc worlds (Celestia through Avalon). Like the OP, I tend to focus on higher areas because most people concentrate their "help" on the low and easy battles. From my experience using the Team-Up kiosk for those areas, I've deduced a couple of things.

First, I don't know how long ago that person put in the request for help. It might have been a very long time ago, so when I join, they're busy doing something else or they might not even be online. Or, maybe they don't want help from an Ice wizard and drop out when they see my (unwelcome?) help coming. At any rate, sometimes they drop out while the timer is still counting down.

So the first thing I do after selecting a battle to help with is open up the window and look at the name of the person who was there before I joined. I watch that name to see if they suddenly drop out. If they do, then I quickly leave the 2 minute count-down myself.

Second, they're not always online when the timer counts down and sends us to the battle. When I get into the battle area I watch and wait for the other person to move. I'll say "Hi!" right away to let them know I'm there, but then I wait several minutes in case they're interacting with dialog or - worst case scenario - they're completely AKF.

If they don't move or interact with me at all, I assume they're away from their keyboard. I'll say out loud (so to speak), "Hi, I was here to help you with ___ battle but it looks like you're AFK. If you still need help, you can click me and I'll come back if I'm still online." Sometimes, they do return a bit later and click to ask for help.

Yes, that means that sometimes I help outside the kiosk and don't get "team up" credit.

Third, some people are just jerks who love trolling others, so there's always that to contend with, too.

Alia Misthaven
Sierra Winterbreeze - "Have shields, will travel."
I wouldn't mind helping outside of the kiosk, it's just I don't know where to look.